Page 1 of 3 [ 35 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 7:51 pm

I would not consider myself a know it all, but whenever I do not know the answer to something (as long as I am interested in the main topic) I get frustrated :? . I am even a person that does not mid being proved wrong 8O and I even know it is not possible to know everytrhing. I would just like to get more of an understanding as to why I am doing this :) .

9CatMom
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 7:57 pm

When I find a special interest, I want to know everything about it.

jaydog
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 7:58 pm

yeah this happens me alot, i seem to want to know everything about a specific topic.

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:11 pm

jaydog wrote:
yeah this happens me alot, i seem to want to know everything about a specific topic.

I like knowing as much as I can about a certain topic, but sometimes it is like I want to be an expert on all knowledge known to humans 8O

psmaster
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

23 Apr 2008, 8:23 pm

I have noticed that when I learn about something, I want to learn more, and more about it, until the next thing comes along. I am the kind of guy who has been known to drop everything and research on off-the-wall subjects which tends to make some people mad, but I don't care, as long as I can learn more.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:31 pm

I just want to know enough to fake it...;)
I do know more than I should about some things that many (Star Trek, for example), but know there are some committed (or committable...;) people who could blow me away...;)

matsuiny2004
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:32 pm

psmaster wrote:
I have noticed that when I learn about something, I want to learn more, and more about it, until the next thing comes along. I am the kind of guy who has been known to drop everything and research on off-the-wall subjects which tends to make some people mad, but I don't care, as long as I can learn more.

yeah I would say my situation is simmilar to yours :)

Ryn
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2008, 8:38 pm

One of my main obsessions for years has been the pursuit of knowledge for most topics. It's great because it's lead to me getting various obsessions.

Quote:

I am like this as well, and it drives my friends up the wall sometimes.

2ukenkerl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 8:46 pm

I used to be like that, and STILL am with some things. After 40 years or so, it DOES calm down. :?

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 9:38 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:
I used to be like that, and STILL am with some things. After 40 years or so, it DOES calm down. :?
And you might even get to be called a know it all.

Specter
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 10:01 pm

oooo my gosh, I was just talking about this in a different thread!! I must know everything :D honest. sometimes in my math class, my teacher will come across an operation so difficult that he tells us to "just use a graphing calculator". Then I stay after class and ask and ask until he shows me how to do it algebraically :D sometimes I can do it faster than the kids with the calculators after that :D

Silver_Meteor
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 10:16 pm

That is the same with me.

aspiebeauty87
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Apr 2008, 11:49 pm

yea, same with me i use a lot of sites kinda like wiki to learn & know about things i like to research stuff even if it random & weird topic

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2008, 11:57 pm

2ukenkerl wrote:

I don't know if it 'calms down' or if we just begin to have a satisfying bulk of the knowledge we so avidly consumed when we didn't know as much. I mean there is still a lot more to know, but we weren't as empty as we were when we were young, so our appetite is less?

Merle

D1nk0
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 12:00 am

matsuiny2004 wrote:
I would not consider myself a know it all, but whenever I do not know the answer to something (as long as I am interested in the main topic) I get frustrated :? . I am even a person that does not mid being proved wrong 8O and I even know it is not possible to know everytrhing. I would just like to get more of an understanding as to why I am doing this :) .

I feel the same way.I Hate to be proven wrong :oops: .But what I Really Hate are people who like to be right ALL the time and insist they are right when they are factually WRONG :evil: .

sim
Veteran
Veteran

24 Apr 2008, 12:23 am

I'm almost afraid to keep checking out books at my college library because it's always the same people handling them and I dunno what they think D: