Page 16 of 20 [ 320 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20  Next

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 4:02 pm

yes I am told frequently that I look younger, I occasionally get ID'd plus I get treated like I'm younger. I have often wondered why but I don't suppose it's such a bad thing.

ECJ
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Nov 2011, 4:18 pm

I'm 28, and often get asked what university I'm going to go to!
And my brother who is 5 years younger than me is often thought of as the eldest when people meet the two of us together........

Christopherwillson
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 7:11 pm

probably cause we move our faces less, and it's known that movement of the face fastens aging.

Aspie score: 182-200

Don't know what to say.

Eloa
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 7:29 pm

People generally guess, that I am 10 years younger than I am and a couple month ago 12 years younger. But I am also small and skinny. I don't act extrovert, rather shy.
But sometimes I think (and it is only my theory) that it might come from lacking a feeling of time. I don't feel time lineaire, I feel rather "circles". So if I don't feel time, why should my body age like other people's body? I mean, my mind is not aging.

English is not my native language, so I will very likely do mistakes in writing or understanding. My edits are due to corrections of mistakes, which I sometimes recognize just after submitting a text.

Teredia
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 7:49 pm

Actually, im often mistake to be older than i am. When i was 12 i was mistake to be 17. and 17 i was mistaken to be 19 or something.
But I am mentally younger. now at 21 i have the mental age oof somewhere around the age of a 15 or 16 year old.

DC
Veteran
Veteran

13 Nov 2011, 8:24 pm

_BRI_ wrote:
MissConstrue wrote:
I don't know if that's statistically true...

Yes, it is.

There was a study correlating AS treats...

Here it is.

Mantel-Haentzel (MH) pooled risk

Young appearance 42.1%

That's a pretty high figure.

That still means the majority ( 57.9% ) of AS people don't have a young appearance. ;)

NZaspiegirl016
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Nov 2011, 10:20 pm

I also look younger. I'm short and just look younger in general. I'm 16, but I can easily pass for 12 or 13. I've had people think me and my 12-year-old sister are twins. But in my mum's eyes, it's a good thing I look younger. It saves her money because she pays child's prices for me instead of student's prices.

qwertywop
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

13 Nov 2011, 10:50 pm

I'm 18 and I was recently suspected of being in middle school. People tend to think Im younger because I'm small, I'm not short but I have a tiny build, And also still have braces, ... and missing teeth. Really, I'm less physiologically developed than most others my age.

Madao
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

14 Nov 2011, 3:44 am

...Maybe because were not as social, and don't go out as much. They say sun makes you age faster. IDK really.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 7:44 am

I think it's because we exist at an angle slightly removed from time, and therefore escape some of it's ravaging winds

abyssquick
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Nov 2011, 2:44 pm

_BRI_ wrote:
We look younger physically, why is that?

I'm recently 29, but still get carded. I'm frequently told that I appear several years younger. I eat really healthy foods, exercise regularly, etc. Don't smoke, drink, or stress out overly much. All of that helps. Also I have the social naivete of asperger's which seems to impart a youthful sort of obliviousness to my causal demeanor. So all of that together. I wish I looked older. I would like to appear and seem about 35 or so.

1000Knives
Veteran
Veteran

14 Nov 2011, 3:29 pm

I used to have people think I was slightly younger, not tremendously, but a little tiny bit. What I ended up doing to solve that was I grew facial hair and kept it all the time. I'm 20, and since I have facial hair, and generally have very "adult" mannerisms and all that, people usually always think I'm like....23, I've even had one person think I was like 28-30. One time when I was 18 or 19, I was at a restaurant, and was offered complimentary wine, no carding or anything (I was afraid of getting a DUI, so I declined) just because I came in alone, acted very respectfully unlike most other people that age, and was wearing dress pants and a sweater.

socalaspie
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Dec 2011, 3:58 am

It is a physiological component to autism that can't be separated from the mental, just like how we tend to have poor gastrointestinal function and sleep disturbance.

Also notice that our heads are often rather large in relation to our bodies.

CantExplain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2011, 4:07 am

Christopherwillson wrote:
probably cause we move our faces less, and it's known that movement of the face fastens aging.

Aspies like Mr Spock move their faces less. But Aspies like me and Mr Bean move our faces more.

And I would have guessed that more mobile faces look younger.

Last edited by CantExplain on 07 Dec 2011, 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

CantExplain
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

07 Dec 2011, 4:10 am

socalaspie wrote:
Also notice that our heads are often rather large in relation to our bodies.

Can you quote any research to support this? (Apart from my big head, of course!)

shrox
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2011, 4:53 am

Tonight I just got asked to prove I am 47. They thought I was 35 at most. I got the special price for over 45...