he Dore Group goes into voluntary administration

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 9:04 am

The Dore Group goes into voluntary administration - 23 May 2008
An Australian company that sold a exercise program to treat attention deficit hyperactivity disorder has collapsed.

The Dore Group marketed its program as a drug-free solution to disorders including ADHD, dyslexia and Asperger's syndrome.

It went into voluntary administration last week.

Giles Woodgate from the administrator Woodgate and Co says he should know within days whether the company can be sold.

He says 13 Dore therapy clinics have been closed, and 85 staff across the country have lost their jobs.

"We have terminated the contracts of employment of the clinic staff today," he said.

"We've terminated the contracts of employment of some of the head office staff, but for the moment - and this has been the case for the last week - the directors in the United Kingdom and ourselves are looking for an investor or for a party to purchase the business."

My comment:
Not that I would know of course, but just maybe it has some think to do with the cost and the fact that the exercises used once learned can be passed onto others a lot cheaper or for free!

blue_bean
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 11:50 am

This is suprising to say the least 8O

I was expecting to hear a lot more about them in the future, mostly due to an increase in advertising from them recently in magazines (New Idea & Womans Day: "Aimee didn't let ADHD win!! :roll: ) They even got a mention in my local newspaper recently.
Maybe they over-exceeded thier advertising budget :lol:

What does thier exercise program involve?

asplanet
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2008, 7:02 pm

blue_bean wrote:
What does thier exercise program involve?

I do not know as could not afford, did test to see and they quoted five thousand dollars!

But have heard quite a few people doing similar a lot cheaper, love to know also - sort of information that should be free via government...