Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

OTTILY
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

25 Oct 2005, 3:21 pm

I have no idea how to work this site! I am new to computers, I have no idea what or if I am in any chat room! All I want to do is put a photograph ofmyself on my profile or the relationships bit, I just want to talk to fellow aspies and not pretend to be normal!! !! I am lost in cyber space please help!! !! !!

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 3:52 pm

hi, ottily. first of all - don't panic! :D the site is rather big, and can be overwhelming, i know.

why don't you have a look round some of the forums, until you feel more comfortable with the sort of thing which goes on here? as for posting your picture - that isn't obligatory, anyway. you'll hav e to host your picture on an internet site - now, i'm the wrong person to ask, as i'm not great with computers, but i'm sure someone else will reply and tell you, soon.

no, you're not in a chatroom. this is a board where you can post on forums discussing various issues. you obviously know how to post already.

apart from that - welcome to WrongPlanet. :)

Vivi
(as Mod)

BeeBee
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 4:00 pm

Welcome! You are doing fine!

You have figured out how to post in the "forums" or "bulletin boards." They do work just like bulletin boards...someone "posts" and then others, later on, add their comments. One can come back hours or days later and see who has added comments and what they said.

I second Vivi's suggestion of reading a bit first and then jumping in.

There is a chat room...that is in live time. IE you post something and then anyone on at the same time posts something. The conversation rolls so the most current lines are showing. If one posted something and came back in a few hours, thier lines would no longer show and the group would definately be on a different topic.

You can find the chat room by clicking on the "chatroom" button in the upper left corner.

Again, welcome!

BeeBee

hale_bopp
Veteran
Veteran

25 Oct 2005, 6:56 pm

Welcome to the site.

Post any particular questions you have and I will be really happy to help.

www.imageshack.us

is a site you can use to upload your photo.

All you do is click "browse" and a thing will pop up. from there you find the place where your photo is stored on your computer and click "open", and then you click "host it"

It will give you a bunch of links, copy the link that says "Direct link to image" by highlighting the link and right clicking and selecting "copy".

When you post a new message here, use the img tags : [ img ] paste your link here [ /img ]

(NO SPACES between brackets and IMG!)

paste the direct link you copied between the img tags.