How many 'NT' friends do you have/How many do you know well?

Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Josie
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 12:33 am

I don't know any Aspies in real life but I do know of two Aunties.

All of my friends are NT's. Most of them aren't close friends. I have one or two that are.
But I am missing something to connect with them.

Malsane
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Jul 2008, 12:43 am

I know of a few Aspies, but we're not ever in the same place. Not the same age, so we've never had classes together. I have one true friend, a friend for life, who is NT. I have two other friends who are good friends, one seems a little Aspie, but is more than likely NT, and the other is psychotic. She takes medication for her psychosis to prevent her from killing everyone around her. She scares me, but somehow, we get along, even though we're total opposites. I am friendly with my brother's friends, most of which are NT. He doesn't have any Aspie friends, but I wouldn't call any of them neurotypical.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 12:46 am

I know my brothers girlfriend whos sorta my friend, whos NT. My summer nieghbors are all NT, ive known them my whole life, the girl is 3 years younger but acts much older, and the boy is 2 years younger but acts older also. I have one NT close friend, who scored high on one of the aspie quizzes though, has bad depression and anxiety problems which leaves me not seeing her much at all. Everybody I know is NT, but I don't really consider anybody close. My boyfriend is NT, hes like my best friend, and im close with him if that counts :lol:. Nts and I dont get along very much, most of them resent hanging with me, even heard one of them claim its like babysitting a toddler who has mental retardation when they hang with me :cry: :pale: .

roygerdodger
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 1:38 am

None (or autistic ones either).

Reodor_Felgen
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 2:22 am

~50, I haven't counted them. :P

None of them are particularly close, though...

Fuck. This will override the swear word filter.

princesseli
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 3:20 am

Most of the friends Ive had throughout my lifetime have been NT with two exceptions. My boyfriend is aspie and my close friend back in elementary school was ADD. As for my friends right now, I have 5 NT friends. Me and my closest NT friend get along in rather strange ways. We can talk and talk forever. He finds a lot of my aspie characteristics funny. Im a very blunt person, he thinks blunt thought but mostly doesnt say them. He likes telling me all that blunt stuff. He suspects that he might be ADD though. One NT friend was his roommate which it surprised me that we got along in the first place. Theres another NT guy who was really close with my friend and the three of us hung out a lot so that how I came to know him. One friend is just super nice. Another friend I got to know because of my roommate, shes very friendly and easy to talk to we just somehow got along.

As for other aspies. I havent really gotten along any better on the whole other aspies. Theres my boyfriend whos a really close friend and another guy whos an acquintance. I've been in two aspie group therapy groups and one group I was somehow disconnected from the group. The other one: so far no ones made connections with anyone.

Chaotica
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 3:43 am

A real NT friend was only one, but now we don't meet. I think because she can not accept me the way I am. Now I have many acquaintances and I guess few of them are not NT's.

Rainstorm5
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 4:08 pm

I've only had 3 or 4 close NT friends in my entire lifetime. I don't speak to any of them anymore, and the only NTs I have a close relationship with is my husband and my daughter. I know people I 'think' may be AS at work, but they're cold and distant to me, so I don't associate with them, either. A person has to be really outgoing to get to know me, and usually once they get to know me, they begin to dislike me. I'll probably die alone in a cabin in the woods somewhere with my 90 cats feasting on my remains.

regularguy
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

19 Jul 2008, 5:05 pm

Outside of Wrong Planet, all my friends except one are NTs. I have one very close Aspie friend, a truly great guy.

As I get to know more people at Wrong Planet, I think my number of Aspie friends will grow. :)

Steve
--
"I can make it, I know I can.
You broke the boy in me, but you won't break the man."
--John Parr, "Man in Motion"

Aurore
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jul 2008, 11:31 pm

All NTs except for a special few (my fiance is Schizoid and two of my best friends are also Aspie)

CMaximus
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

19 Jul 2008, 11:53 pm

I've had many acquaintances, have had a handful of people I somewhat routinely sociallized with for various lengths of time, but I don't think I've ever really gotten to know about anyone much beyond their external apparati. I just learned how to be around them.