Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

ASPERGERSJOHN
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

21 Jul 2008, 5:22 pm

Does anyone on here hear the term why is that funny in Your World etc??
Just been on holiday and heard that term said to me and i was wanting to know if any other Aspies heard that too.
Just out of interest thats all.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 5:27 pm

ASPERGERSJOHN wrote:
Does anyone on here hear the term why is that funny in Your World etc??
Just been on holiday and heard that term said to me and i was wanting to know if any other Aspies heard that too.
Just out of interest thats all.

Depends on the punctuation.

"Why, is that funny in your world?" means that they're asking if you think that something is funny.

"Why is that funny in your world?" means that they're asking why you think that something is funny.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

KateShroud
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Austin, Texas, United States, north America, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy

21 Jul 2008, 6:31 pm

Constantly. I'm beginning to find the phrase divisive and somewhat degrading, like I'm not all there. "oh, of course she can't understand you. She lives in her own world." It wouldn't be much worse if someone said, "Oh she means nothing by that. Cursing is how they say hello in her world." The bad thing is that I can't decide which is worse, people misunderstanding and exaggerating my differences or getting angry because they think I'm always aware of what I'm doing and purposefully insult them.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 7:17 pm

Just sounds like a rephrasing of many past "sarcastic" insults people memorise so they don't have to think of their own clever "comeback"....I have never heard, it but I don't get out much. :wink:

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

Kauf039
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jul 2008, 7:23 pm

I used to hear the term far more often before than I do now. I agree with KateShroud in that it feels rather degrading and never liked the term. I feel like saying "I'm standing here right in front of you, I was born on this planet, my world is the same as yours!"... of course I never have.

It seems to come more often when I have a "strange" reaction, usually laughing but many times it is simply a facial expression or lack there of.

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 7:34 pm

FTW

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 8:20 pm

SIXLUCY wrote:
FTW

Yeah! Especially *their* world.

I've always lived in my own world and I think all sorts of crap is funny.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 8:35 pm

My world was just fine, till others decided to invade and pollute it...
People should just stay in "their world" mine was just fine...

SIXLUCY
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jul 2008, 9:11 pm

yaa my world was just fine until people start messin with my head and then people wonder why I get so upset for..
I wonder
Not of this world but out in real world sometimes I think 'well sucked in dont mess with me' and its not like I didnt give em any warning

Yeah so FTW if they wana f**k with mine

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Jul 2008, 6:23 am

People who ask Why, is that funny in your world? are the funniest of all in my world. If someone said that to me I would laugh in their face. They would think 'yeah, must be funny' and would have the answer.