Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 1:44 pm

Doesn't anyone else find it extremely disturbing that one of the disorders that causes children to be the most bullied is also given the most humiliating label? What disorder attracts more bullies than "ass burgers"? Don't you find it the most awful, repulsive coincidence in this otherwise beautiful world? Did Lorna Wing think it was funny to give it that name?

Don't be afraid to voice your feelings about this.

I'm telling you (medical professionals) this as someone who happened to hear a rap song whose lyrics were Stop tryin', over and over while my interest of pursuit was trying itself -- the physical act of moving one's body. And yes, since my interest was the word "try," this was an extremely unusual coincidence, whether you admit it or not. So add an alarming personal coincidence to my life in addition to the "ass burger" coincidence. Now I'm actually retching (throwing up) in addition to hearing name-calling in my head. I must be the saddest person in my neighborhood.

Is there something about Satan you people find funny?

We're not being mean to Hans Asperger. Just change the f*****g label.

Last edited by MikeH106 on 01 Apr 2008, 1:57 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Lightning88
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 1:48 pm

Yeah, I know what you mean. Back on my first fay of high school, one of my teachers was telling us all about her life and family. Apparently, she had an eight-year-old son with AS, and when she said the name, the entire class laughed their heads off. :roll:

Bopkasen
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 1:52 pm

MikeH106 wrote:
Doesn't anyone else find it especially disturbing that one of the disorders that causes children to be the most bullied is also given the most humiliating label? What disorder attracts more bullies than "ass burgers"? Don't you find it the most awful, repulsive coincidence in this otherwise beautiful world? Did Lorna Wing think it was funny to give it that name?

I'm telling you (medical professionals) this as someone who happened to hear a rap song whose lyrics were Stop tryin', n***a over and over while my interest of pursuit was trying itself -- the physical act of moving one's body. And yes, since my interest was the word "try," this was an extremely unusual coincidence, whether you admit it or not. So add an alarming personal coincidence to my life in addition to the "ass burger" coincidence. Now I'm actually retching (throwing up) in addition to hearing name-calling in my head. I must be the saddest person in my neighborhood.

We're not being mean to Hans Asperger. Just change the f***ing label.

Just tell them that you remember that when buying them a hamburger.

Want some dirty fries with that order?

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 1:53 pm

Alex Plank's decision to quote Temple Grandin also makes me queasy (no offense to Alex or Temple). The title of this website must not signify rejection.

By the way, this is not an April Fool's joke.

Lordnarfington
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

01 Apr 2008, 2:12 pm

You know, I've never heard a normal person catch on to "ass burgers" and make fun of me about it. Actually I made a joke to my friends about how I have "anal meat patties" syndrome and they all thought it was funny. After all, whats in a name?

Besides there are people who take pride in being rednecks.

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 2:15 pm

Did you know that exactly one month and six days ago, I had to hear the IT Tech Personnel next to me at work say, "You ain't gonna win, chicken pattie," after I had eaten chicken patties in the morning for seven days? That night, I heard a song being sung to me in dream to the tune of We Are the Champions:

Nobody loves you
Nobody loves you
You have a heart
And a paaaaaain of your own

Yes, this really happened.

I have the song transcribed here: http://www.geocities.com/zinites_page/nobodylovesyou.bmp.

olle
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Apr 2008, 2:31 pm

MikeH106 wrote:
Alex Plank's decision to quote Temple Grandin also makes me queasy (no offense to Alex or Temple). The title of this website must not signify rejection.

By the way, this is not an April Fool's joke.

I dont follow. Did Alex change the title of WP?

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 2:40 pm

No, it's always been the cute tiny green alien who supposedly doesn't belong on this planet.

I want you all to know that if you're happy, then I'm happy for you. For those of you who are sad, I'm fighting for your happiness.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 2:50 pm

It's just immature humor. Hopefully they will outgrow it soon. Just be glad you don't also have a last name that can be poked fun at.

krex
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 3:40 pm

I have a "friend" who is 42 and he laughs and says "ass burgers" every time I mention aspergers......

What I would like to say is......

"Why do you have such difficulty ponouncing the "P" sound...perhaps you have a speach inpediment? If you do,that is fine...I won't judge you because of your disability. I myself often mistake P and B's when I am writing.I think it is a form of dyslexia."

I don't asy that to him however because ,honestly,if he still thinks this sort of thing is funny at 42, he's pretty much a lost cause on the whole "growing up" front.Ah,well...he has some good points.

It would help if people would enunciate the word when they use it....As"P"ergers.

Visit my wool sculpture blog
http://eyesoftime.blogspot.com/

katefedele
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

01 Apr 2008, 4:15 pm

MikeH106 wrote:
Doesn't anyone else find it extremely disturbing that one of the disorders that causes children to be the most bullied is also given the most humiliating label? What disorder attracts more bullies than "ass burgers"? Don't you find it the most awful, repulsive coincidence in this otherwise beautiful world? Did Lorna Wing think it was funny to give it that name?

I'm telling you (medical professionals) this as someone who happened to hear a rap song whose lyrics were Stop tryin', n***a over and over while my interest of pursuit was trying itself -- the physical act of moving one's body. And yes, since my interest was the word "try," this was an extremely unusual coincidence, whether you admit it or not. So add an alarming personal coincidence to my life in addition to the "ass burger" coincidence. Now I'm actually retching (throwing up) in addition to hearing name-calling in my head. I must be the saddest person in my neighborhood.

We're not being mean to Hans Asperger. Just change the f***ing label.

then pronounce the p very well each time you say it, and maybe mess it up a little like pronounce a j instead of a g =] ...or just say AS, or just don't say it, ever

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 4:33 pm

marshall wrote:
Just be glad you don't also have a last name that can be poked fun at.

Are you kidding? They tormented me because of my last name! I was called Scott Hoagie Sandwich all the way through middle school.

(And the voices in my head call me Scott Hoagie Sandwich. Did they actually give me schizophrenia?)

Last edited by MikeH106 on 01 Apr 2008, 4:47 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Social_Fantom
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 4:35 pm

Luckily, I was spared knowing what was wrong with me during school. I didn't find out that I had Asperger's (or even heard of it) until I was 22, and I'm almost 24 now.

Ass Burgers...... :eew:

MikeH106
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 4:50 pm

The "asp" sounds like a reference to the Judeo-Christian Satan. That's one thing I'm really worried about.

Keep in mind my paranormal rap music encounter.

marshall
Veteran
Veteran

01 Apr 2008, 7:10 pm

MikeH106 wrote:
marshall wrote:
Just be glad you don't also have a last name that can be poked fun at.

Are you kidding? They tormented me because of my last name! I was called Scott Hoagie Sandwich all the way through middle school.

(And the voices in my head call me Scott Hoagie Sandwich. Did they actually give me schizophrenia?)

My bad. I'm not even going to mention my last name though. :wink:

silentchaos
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Apr 2008, 7:24 pm

If i ever have a reason to tell someone what i have i will probably just say autism or high functioning autism. HFA may not be that far off anyways, i had a speech delay and speech trouble but it wasn't that bad.