Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

snowman
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

10 Nov 2005, 2:06 pm

I said the same sentence two or three times today after gymclass and the person i who i was talking to told me that i did it. I did not realize all this until after i had gotten on my buss 10 or 15 minutes afterwards. It was like my head was a blank slate with only this sentence on it. I was totaly freaked out when i realized how odd i acted at the time. Is this related to aspergers or am i a total psyco?
It seems likely that this behaviour was triggered by the heavy physical activity at gymclass (or PE or whatever).

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2005, 2:19 pm

I say the same jokes over and over, unless I catch myself first.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2005, 2:26 pm

Sounds like echolalia, which a lot of auties and aspies have - repeating all or part of what you or someone else has just said. (As opposed to saying something again because you forgot you already said it.) I tend to do it quite a bit sometimes, but just in my head. I don't think I do it out loud... This is the first time you've been aware of it? Since someone else brought it to your attention this time, maybe you do it other times too and you just don't realize it. Either way it's a pretty common aspie thing.

Last edited by neongrl on 10 Nov 2005, 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

theman
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: Oklahoma...... where the men are men and the sheep run scared.

10 Nov 2005, 2:27 pm

For about a year I used to say "who's your daddy and what does he do?" It ran through my head 24/7, everytime somebody would walk by me at work I would ask them that, after a while they just ignored me.

quietangel
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

10 Nov 2005, 2:28 pm

I usually repeat part of a sentance or the whole one... I usually only realize I have done it maybe once in 50 or so. I usually only repeat things once or twice...
I used to think I did this because I didn't think I ws being listened to or heard... I wonder how true that is because people tend to tune some of us out when we go on and onnnn???

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2005, 2:54 pm

Yes, though usually I remember that I've said it. Or at least said it to someone, so then I end up wondering who I originally said it to.

But I often repeat myself as a stim, too. But I often repeat myself as a stim, too.

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

lowfreq50
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2005, 3:23 pm

Someone asks for the time, and I say "it's time for you to get a watch!" again and again.

Sophist
Veteran
Veteran

10 Nov 2005, 3:36 pm

Whenever someone says "What's up?" I always answer "The sky."

My partner's autism science blog, Cortical Chauvinism - http://corticalchauvinism.wordpress.com/

Relyt
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

10 Nov 2005, 4:11 pm

i tend to say anything just to keep a conversation going. yet, what i say can sometimes be me repeating a subject i already went over like 30 minutes ago.

Elk
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

10 Nov 2005, 7:38 pm

i dont really repeat myself. sometimes i repeat others though