Page 3 of 3 [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

29 Dec 2008, 11:38 pm

Yes, especially if I have been eating too much over a period of time.. like lately for instance.

Hershel_Numanox
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

30 Dec 2008, 1:56 pm

I can't look in the mirror unless it is in close proximity so that I'm only focussing on a small section of my face, when shaving for example. I just find it plain weird to see myself from someone else's point of view. That includes photographs and video. I don't think we were ever meant to see ourselves from the third perspective.

Transcendence
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jan 2009, 7:47 am

I have had small difficulties with this as well in the past, but surpassed them. Now I'm only left with problems looking at myself as a figurative expression. :wink:

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 8:12 am

history_of_psychiatry wrote:
When I look in the mirror I see this ugly, rat-looking, little creep.

Does that bother you? Because if it does, I'll stop looking over your shoulder every time you use the mirror and get my own...there's no need to call me a creep, I'm not actually stalking you, I just did not want to have to find my own mirror.

SMARTIE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

06 Jan 2009, 9:16 am

When I was younger I used to hate looking in the mirror, even now if I am at the hairdressers or have to try on glasses I will only give myself a fleeting glance to check everything is ok. I have got better over the years and I now know it is me staring back. As said in posts above me, I also often used to glance at mirrors and not think it was me staring back :?

Hovis
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 9:37 am

I'm frightened of mirrors. :( I always feel like I don't know what I'm going to see looking back at me. Full-length mirrors are especially bad - too easy for something to step out of.

This is a superstition reason, though, not an Aspie reason.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 10:38 am

I look in the mirror quite a lot actually.

Amik
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jan 2009, 3:12 pm

I feel really uncomfortable looking myself in the eyes in the mirror. I don't mind looking at myself, as in seeing the whole face or a part of it, but actually looking myself in the eyes bothers me.

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Jan 2009, 2:58 am

I get a boner when i look in the mirror, so i have to avoid them in public, no need causing a scene.
lol

FrogGirl
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jan 2009, 3:17 am

I look at myself in the mirror. I just don't know the person that is staring back at me. In the mirror, I see this person that is supposed to be me, and I see the eyes that I am somewhere lost behind them.

deathchibi
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jan 2009, 3:29 am

dear animeboy

You are no where near the weirdest person on the planet and most likely never will be, not unless you begin an intimate relationship with the organs of resently deceased, drink a three year out-of-date plastic cup of turky sperm and has "visions" of a god in the form of a retarted fish-frog that tells you to set you sex organs on fire to "purify" them from the demon called elvis preasly.
(a bit graphic but forgive me)

unless you do all the above and/or more (optional) you will never be "The weirdest person on the planet?" :)
if thats good or bad is up to you :)
I will remove if asked nicely.

ThisIsNotMyRealName
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Jan 2009, 3:39 am

prillix wrote:
I get a boner when i look in the mirror, so i have to avoid them in public, no need causing a scene.
lol

You mean you're gay ? ;)