Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

prillix
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Aug 2008, 11:33 pm

Alot of aspies tend to have an "obsession of some sort". Like i previously posted, when i was young till maybe 5 or 6, all i did was sit there and rearrange my hockey cards, even though i never liked hockey. One day i sold a hockey card for like a few dollars when it was worth 50$. Ever since that day i haven't cared for the cards. i come across em every once and a while but i don't care for them.

After 5 or 6, i became more obsessed into video games and computers when i got my brand new Gameboy!. Now ever since, i've basically been in this loop of computers, took every computer class in high school and went to college for it. Its not something i want to do cause to be honest, its f*****g boring. But, after years or being a social pariaha, and a big nerd, im basically horrified of going anywhere interesting that i want in fear of seeing some of the many people who hate me in this town. Its hard to have fun when u join a class when there's already someone there more social then you talking s**t about you.

Now in about a week and a half, im moving away, selling all my stuff, all my video games and computer stuff especially, and moving to a new town, either not far from here, or Very far from here, no in between.

Now i understand that Aspies always have some sort of obsession, whether computers, dancing, firestarting (lol), or whatever. By doing this, will i naturally become obsessed with something new? and probably never look back?

ZakFiend
Veteran
Veteran

23 Aug 2008, 1:39 am

You're not obsessed you're dedicated, you're only "crippled" in a society full of prejudiced people remember who are very immature. The whole way AS is defined reeks of a human superiority complex, somehow "AS" people are "inferior", and "mentally wrong".

It's a bunch of crap.

And yes we can reinvent ourselves, it's a matter of willpower and facing our fears, and stopping the pity party. The only way to get better is to throw ourselves into the fire and practice, and fight our hard fight against ignorance and misunderstanding of others, and realizing they are immature and childlike and we are more mature then they are, because most of them won't give us the time of day.

No art, however minor, demands less than total dedication if you want to excel in it.
- Leon Battista Alberti, (architect, painter and mathematician)