Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2008, 7:54 pm

I just noticed something about me. Whenever I go to sleep, it cannot be facing the wall that the side of my bed is nearest; I have to face (relatively speaking) the open air. When I'm at home, I sleep facing to the right. Here at school, I sleep facing to the left. In either of those situations, unless I'm really tired, I just CANNOT go to sleep facing the other direction. Is anyone else like this?

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 8:16 pm

I kind of get what you're saying.
I never thought of it as an issue before.
It's like not wanting to sit with your back to the door.
I won't say that I CAN'T do it, but I'd rather not.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Sep 2008, 8:36 pm

Well, I'm not saying it's an issue. Just something I noticed about myself. I wonder if it's AS-related, of it's just me? :lol:

Fayed
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2008, 10:14 pm

I'm the opposite. I can't sleep unless I'm facing a wall. I sometimes roll over in the night and might end up facing away from one but the initial task of falling asleep requires facing the wall.

I have also notice that i do this feet rubbing thing as I'm falling asleep. I kind of rub the ball part of one foot against the side of teh arch of the other.Tough to explain. If I'm just laying down adn not sleeping, and am on my back, i tend to kind of rub my leggs against the bed ( think of a kicking motion but one side of my leg is always in contact with bed). Although i have no idea if these two are autism related. My sister ( who may not exactly be NT but is not really on the Autistic Spectrum) does it too. Dunno maybe its some learned behavior, although i don't know anyone else who does it

Dunno if its relevent, but its one of the things i noticed after learning about Autism/AS.

And I've know a few Autistic kids at camp who had unique requirements for falling asleep. Rocking, humming, and having white noise are all rather common at camp. Probably why I love working there

Ok that was a little off topic. Sorry bout that. So yea the last paragraph was more to say it could very well be AS related.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2008, 11:04 pm

I always sleep facing the wall.

AGMorehouse
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

22 Sep 2008, 11:59 pm

I usually find myself facing the left when I go to sleep. And usually, where I live, it is facing the other side (not the wall). I'm usually more comfortable on that position.

you will jouney from boy to man