Page 1 of 2 [ 17 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 4:29 am

is that a very common setup? My dad is completely NT, yet I suspect my mom has it and im pretty sure a relative or two has it on her side. Im also the youngest in my family.

Ishmael
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 5:20 am

Oh, yes, very common. My mother is NT; my father inactive asperger.
He carries the genes, in a basic sense, but they are "in the background", so to speak.

lightening020
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 5:32 am

from what iv heard on here most cases its the Father who has it and an NT mother.

Never heard about NT dad/AS mom

lotusblossom
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 5:36 am

well, my child has an NT dad and they have AS.

I expect its the same as with resessive eyecolour and both parents have to have the gene but one parent might be a "carrier" rather than having AS themselves.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 6:27 am

Yep, VERY (way too much) NT father and Aspie mom. Of course I feel way more close to my mom, bad relationship with my father instead, I guess that's why I often have "girly" tastes and attitude.

0_equals_true
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 6:30 am

Father aspie like. Mother very NT.

ButchCoolidge
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Sep 2008, 8:32 am

My mother almost certainly has AS or HFA (she didn't speak until she was nearly 4), whereas my dad is definitely more NT although he's still not very NT - social life is just not important to him.

I don't want my screen name accessible to the world, but please PM me if you want to talk on AIM or MSN. I'm always up for a good conversation.

DevonB
Toucan
Toucan

26 Sep 2008, 8:42 am

Son has AS, I'm AS (mum) Dad is very NT!!

As for me...my father is AS (without a doubt) and Mum, well....I'd say NT...although has some AS traits.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 9:27 am

My mom is on the aspie/nt cusp LOL....and my father is basically NT although he has some serious anxiety isssues. We think the AS came from my moms side of the family as we believe that both my maternal grandparents had it. I also have one aunt who is certainly AS and both my brothers have strong AS tendencies.

Erminea
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 9:47 am

Hi there,

My father was the prototype Asperger although he/ we never knew. Accountant, one of Hollands best 'Bridge' player. The very silent type, always reading books and when he spoke, it were always wise words. A very noble man he was and now I know of myself and his family (aunt and uncle) I really miss the man. A lot.

Mmmm.... Now I'm sad.

:cry: :( :? :)

My mother is most likely NT. And my two sisters, although I see some autistic traits in them, are doing great, with kids and good husbands.

B.of l.,
C.

Justthatgirl11
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

26 Sep 2008, 10:06 am

I have AS, husband appears NT, oldest son AS.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

26 Sep 2008, 10:11 am

My mom's third husband was NT. The first was autistic, the second bipolar. Unfortunately it wasn't a good match because he was also a sociopath... Does that make him non-NT, or just NT with extreme personality?

I don't think my mom's situation was a reflection of a typical AS/NT relationship so much as a demonstration of how vulnerable we can be to victimization. The guy left her after his probation ran out and he was allowed to leave the state. (The first two died, so it wasn't even her fault that she's had three husbands.)

Her current boyfriend is NT, very easygoing, and older than she is. They're living together and quite happy; I think it's a good match. He tends to be kind of a steadying influence on her; when they're apart, she tends to get swept up by her emotions and he doesn't experience a lot of excitement.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:24 am

My mom is the very AS-seeming one of my parents, and she is the one I mostly take after.

Pretty strong traits run on my dad's side of the family, while my mom was the black sheep in her very "NT" seeming family.
My dad is not 100% entirely NT himself, but alot closer to it.

My maternal grandfather died when I was 2, but my mom sometimes describes him as having been very introverted and mathematical...so maybe that is where she got it.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:31 am

My mum and dad probably both don't have it completly, but I can see some traits.

My mum can tell you all the facts about movies, music, ETC. She's told me that when she was my age she was kind of a shy observer more then an engager. My mum flapped her hands when she was a kid.

My dad is very concrete, very literal. My dad is into science and nature. My dad is VERY, VERY honest and people misunderstand him because sometimes he says thingas that aren't really rude in a rude tone of voice, most likely by pure accident. :)

Sometimes I think that my AS traits are just the result of my mum and dad's conflicting personalities.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:52 am

Supposedly, it'll be at the same rate as the male to female ratio for those with an ASD (5 to 1). For those whose parents both don't have an ASD, it's thought to be passed on by the mother (it was just "inactive" in relation to her).

ShadesOfMe
Veteran
Veteran

27 Sep 2008, 9:58 am

Mine is just the opposite. My Dad is an Aspie my mother is an NT.