ilikedragons wrote:
They are just coincidences.

Who do you think?

ilikedragons
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 7:21 pm

Oh.

Last edited by ilikedragons on 24 Mar 2006, 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

catwhowalksbyherself
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

11 Dec 2005, 7:28 pm

1. My favourite pop-star, who wouldn't normally hurt a fly (ever heard of Jarvis Cocker from Pulp?) gets arrested.

This was about a couple of months before he mooned at Michael Jackson onstage at the Brits and got nicked. (That was when I noticed it).

2. In Poland in summer 2003 I was studying TEFL, and I dreamed one night that there was a river of ice. In one large ice-cube, there was a man wearing a long black cloak and red glasses. On closer inspection, it happened to be the politician mentioned in my sig. I'd had a kind of crush on him when I was a young teenager (on and off between 12-19) but had kind of grown out of it or accepted he was never really going to be anything much ever again. I didn't even know whether he was still in the shadow cabinet or not, and I hadn't read a British newspaper for ages since I was trying to assimilate into Polish culture. Anyway, the ice around him was melting and I could feel him coming back to life...Mum was also in the dream, and I was calling him "dad!" - and she was correcting me...

About three or four months later he became Conservative party leader - according to my mother at least it was quite a shock for most people, but for the last few months prior to that I had become increasingly obsessed with him again after a long hiatus and convinced that he was on his way back, probably because of that dream and a couple of others. I did catch a radio broadcast he made at Christmas 2002 but thought that that was a once off and he wasn't going to reappear.

There have been other little synchronicities - like putting a university gown around my shoulders in a room full of kids, and then suddenly finding I'd put my coat - which looks a bit like one - over my shoulders in the same way while trying on a costume for our village panto (mostly involving local kids this year) and waiting for the director to give me the once-over on how it looked; trying on hair accessories (I have short-ish hair so don't normally wear anything) and then IRL being given a bag of them by a colleague who was trying to get rid of them.

IRL I was looking for a copy of C S Lewis' "Dawn Treader"...not particularly assiduously, I just thought I'd like a copy to do some comics I was thinking of, and it only sprang to mind a couple of minutes before it happened, but I went over to a car-boot sale held in a carpark in Bangor (Northern Ireland) - and there was the right book sat at one of the bric-a-brac stalls. A while before the general election I dreamt of a fire on a hillside in Caversham just north of Reading. On 5 May while we were getting people out to vote I noticed a cloud of thick black smoke not far from where the dream was set (which in itself was eerie as I had noticed the hillside location of the dream just beforehand while out canvassing and had never seen it before IRL). That happened before when I saw a couple of streets in Brighton in a dream just before going there and seeing them IRL.

I also had a dream about a huge nuclear explosion and taking shelter in a cafe, and reading some disappointing news in the cafe. On the following day (9/11, British style! Just as the Madrid bombings were 911 days after the real 9/11) Tony Blair lost his first ever vote in Parliament, but earlier on before I heard about that, I had read some unhappy news in a cafe and got upset.

There are too many of these little things for them to be just coincidences. Trust your instincts!

I'm glad I'm not the only one though with this kind of experience, as I drove my psychiatrist nuts telling him about these dreams, which seem to be more concerned with politics and politicians than "trivial" things. Maybe NTs have them too but don't take as much notice or interest.

PS the Nov 16 moon was actually the Blue Moon, as in "once in..." - the thirteenth full moon in twelve calendar months, or the fourth in a quarter; given a naming system of moons, the Blue Moon will always be in November as the December moon has to be Moon Before Yule. The Guardian (UK) had a good article in its Notes and Queries section a while ago but I'm not sure whether it is still there now that they have revamped the site.

People don't want a date with destiny, they just want a date with a dentist. --- Michael Howard

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2005, 11:38 pm

I have dreams of the sort, all the time. They all came true. I've had a troubling dream that an Obese friend of mine died of Health Complications. I have my fingers that the Nightmare doesn't come true. The other Future Predicting Dreams that I've had over the years were about Christmas, Summer Vacations, winning more than $5 on a Scratch n Win and Relatives passing away. :?

D-R-J
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Dec 2005, 12:21 am

2 months ago I had a dream that I would be in a car crash, Or hit some pedestrian, me being the passenger, the next day I woke up got in to the car, as a passenger my friend was driving me, and some crazy social worker crashes into us while were making a right turn. I was shocked that I knew that would happen, I just hope my dreams about being shot on some trip to San Diego or Mexico doesnt come true :x 8O :) .

Douglas Adams

Sanityisoverrated
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 7:20 am

I had a dream that I could fly. Let me go find a tall building so I can check if it's true...

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 8:36 am

I hope my dreams don't predict the future, I just had one where I was back together with my ex!! 8O

thatrsdude
Veteran
Veteran

12 Dec 2005, 10:41 am

So dreams can come true?! I hope that one where Cristina Scabbia kissed me then asked me out comes true then...

Crion87
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

14 Dec 2005, 2:36 am

I once had a very realistic dream where my parents died in some sort of disaster or accident involving cars.

Thankfully that dream hasn't come true...yet... 8O

synchro
Toucan
Toucan

14 Dec 2005, 3:02 pm

Last night/this morning, I dreamed about a man being hit by a race car. He was dressed as a race car driver, wearing a yellow jumpsuit and helmet. A car slid into him, smashing his body through the catch fence. The man untangled himself, pulling his arm out of the fence. I could see blood dripping from his arm. He was bleeding very badly. The man stumbled and fell to the ground, then medics ran to him and began helping him.

This morning, as I was shaving, I was thinking about my dreams from the night before. The TV was turned on downstairs and I heard a woman’s voice say that a cameraman was hit at a race track and had survived with only bruises and cuts.

Here is the story It wasn’t a drag racer in my dream, it was a stock car. The man in the real life story is wearing a yellow vest, in my dream it was a yellow jumpsuit.

Weird, eh?

I wonder if I’m receiving television or radio signals through my fillings like Lucille Ball.

This is a recurring thing. I dream or think about something and very soon after I hear about it through some form of media: radio, TV, Internet.

Papillon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2006, 7:25 pm

I am not the least bit surprised to see the mention of dreaming about something and then experiencing it in you waking hours. I too have had those a few times.

However, there is one series of dreams I get that come up a dozen or more nights a year and when put together they form a series where -it's like I go and turn into a Brit some nights. I dream of being in England although I've never been there in this lifetime, so far. In those dreams I see it and feel it in its every detail right down to the old architecture and preserved ruins seen in many places, the traffic (today's models) flowing up the left of the streets, and hearing the people talk with that accent. Yes, double-decker busses and all.
A parallel life? A psychical connection with that part of the world? A window to my own future? :? :? :?
And then I wake up from that and...
Aw blimey! 'Ow does a poor Canuck bloke come up with 6 months o' his pay to cover a plane ticket and 2 weeks expenses to visit there? Bloody preposterous 'less 'e wins the lottery :P

Hmm... It is about 6 time zones away from where I live. My father's ancestry comes from Scotland, my grandfather served there in World War II, and one of its former Prime Ministers is an historical figure I admire as a writer. As a home brewer I've brewed English ales and had my beer fans thinking they were drinking the real thing out of an English pub. Other than that, I haven't paid that much attention to it.

Dream interpretations anyone?

Be yourself no matter what they say

**Sting, Englishman In New York

Last edited by Papillon on 22 Mar 2006, 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

CHAOS
Raven
Raven

21 Mar 2006, 9:09 pm

I've had dreams of snippets of the future for years. They're somewhat frequent and don't mean too much to me. I can only recall them with ?d'sha'vou? moments. I like instantly remember that dream and it is always perfectly the same. If I see the world blowing up I'll try to tell you all.

Chelbi
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

22 Mar 2006, 12:36 pm

Wow, it's not just me!! I have had "feelings" for as long as I can remember. I've known when my grandparents died, before my parents did. I freaked out my driver's ed. teacher because I knew something really awful had happened and I needed to get home, and when I finally finished the clas and got home, my parents told me my grandfather had died that morning from a freak heart attack. I dream things a lot too.
I've also had overwhelming deja'vu numerous times. I can predict numbers people are going to say 8 out of 10 times, and my husband loves to play "guess what card I'm holding" because my odds are about as good there, too. When I was in high school my grandmother dated a pretty heavy gambler who joked about taking me to Vegas with him so he could win more often.
My mom and I have also randomly moonlighted as store security... we have a pretty good history of sensing when things are "off."
Last spring my husband went on an over night camping trip with his scout troop. The next morning my 7 yr old kept babbling about how "daddy burned his hand." He wasn't worried, just matter of fact. I told him that daddy is careful and he'd be fine. The first thing we all noticed when my husband came home was the bandage on his hand. He had burned his hand on the skillet making breakfast for the scouts. Needless to say we were all a bit shook up for the next few hours.

AliVe
Butterfly
Butterfly

24 Mar 2006, 7:35 am

I have prophetic dreams all the time. I'm good at predicting earthquakes and tsunamis, for instance the 2005 Boxing Day tsunami in the Indian Ocean. I've been doing it for as long as I can remember, and am Aspie.
I won't go into the details of all the predictions I've made that have come true, but within the next ten years the Three Gorges Megadam in China will catastrophically fail due to an earthquake, cost-cutting building practices leaving the main dam wall weakened, and overfilling. The resultant catastrophe downstream and loss of human due to drowning and later disease and famine is appalling, and not one of my nicer dreams.
Alison

unityemissions
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Apr 2007, 4:23 pm

My brother passed away last year. The night before I was emotionally wrecked and could not figure out exactly why. My dad had gotten sick, so I tried to pin it on him, but he is usually sick and I was all out balling so it didn't quite make sense. My friends told me that there was no reason for this and that I should just try to relax and finally it passed. The next morning I awoke and shortly after learned of my little brothers car accident. My dad also had an experience as his sickness came out of nowhere, so to speak. He was driving on the highway and I was following him to a job location when he suddenly nearly passed out and became nauseous and full of negative energy I assume. I saw this as instant swerving followed by exiting to expel waste. When he came out of the bathroom I saw a look of horror on his face. Later in the week he described the experience, "It was as if death had brushed over me and followed my family until it reached Aaron and found him in weakness only to take him forever". I dunno what to believe on this. I just know this was not the first time I have had emotional instability before something major happens.

SteveK
Veteran
Veteran

17 Apr 2007, 5:27 pm

ilikedragons wrote:
Who are you talking to?

I had about a half dozen of these, and they WEREN'T coincidences.

Steve