It is fun!!

So is being an axe murderer!

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 11:20 am

JWRed wrote:
demoluca wrote:
Just another way of moving and seeing the world.

So do mentally disabled people. So do murderers. So do rapists. So do child molestors. So do wife beaters.

Is anything wrong with those people?

You are flippant.

Thank you for reading way to much into my post. And thank-you for comparing mentally disabled people to wife beaters and child molesters. I'm sure the down-syndrome kids in the world REALLY appreciate that one.
:roll:

By being Autistic I am hurting no-one. If I ever was going to hurt anyone, it would be myself before a child, a spouse, or another innocent life to the same effect.

Yes, I would say there are things wrong with murderers, child molestors and wife-beaters. But I am not murdering or abusing anyone by moving a certain way or thinking a certain way. It takes more then that to kill another human being.

It makes me sad inside when I get compared to someone so horrible just because I've said a certain thing, or just because I do not wish to be anything but myself. :(

You're a terrible person.

JWRed
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Oct 2008, 11:33 am

demoluca wrote:
JWRed wrote:
demoluca wrote:
Just another way of moving and seeing the world.

So do mentally disabled people. So do murderers. So do rapists. So do child molestors. So do wife beaters.

Is anything wrong with those people?

You are flippant.

Thank you for reading way to much into my post. And thank-you for comparing mentally disabled people to wife beaters and child molesters. I'm sure the down-syndrome kids in the world REALLY appreciate that one.
:roll:

By being Autistic I am hurting no-one. If I ever was going to hurt anyone, it would be myself before a child, a spouse, or another innocent life to the same effect.

Yeah guy. I am comparing down syndrome children with murders and wife beaters. You really have a thorough understanding of my point.

My point is that viewing the world differently to the extent that people with AS do is not a good thing.

Having AS is not just having a different opinion on things. That is how you view AS.

Having AS is being dysfunctional. People on this board refuse to admit that because it is a diffcult thing to have to admit to yourself.

demoluca
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 11:38 am

Quote:
My point is that viewing the world differently to the extent that people with AS do is not a good thing.

To you maybe, but not for me. :D

Quote:
Having AS is not just having a different opinion on things. That is how you view AS.

Never said anything about it being a different opinion on things, I meant view in the literal sense as in seeing with your eyes.

Fuzzy
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 12:25 pm

JWRed wrote:
Having AS is being dysfunctional. People on this board refuse to admit that because it is a diffcult thing to have to admit to yourself.

I thought myself dysfunctional for 32 years. Then the kind doctor that diagnosed me explained that I am not; I am just a different sort of person. The people that referred me to him then used that information to find me employment in a field that suited my temperament. They did not say i was defective in anyway either, just that i fit a narrow scope of job possibilities.

Now I work by myself. I am trusted with a good deal of money, materials, a vehicle and given the executive power to make decisions on merchandise. I am not defective. I am a very effective worker in a niche job.

I'm not a victim like you.

Kaleido
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 12:35 pm

AS is living without candyfloss.

People who live with candyfloss find that once you bite into it, it dissolves and proves to be hot air.

patternist
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 12:36 pm

Kaleido wrote:
AS is living without candyfloss.

People who live with candyfloss find that once you bite into it, it dissolves and proves to be hot air.

Oooh, I like it!

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 1:28 pm

What is written below is all theoretical

AS/"Very" HFA: In the Nazi culture, the very introvert and nonsocial people were considered weak and rejected and so ..."genetically inferior" , the genetically inferiors were considered as dangerous to the German Reich , they had no place in the greater Germany since the empire had to be "purified of all antisocial and Jewish elements".
For that reason, categorization of people was encouraged by Nazi Germany and those different people and nonsocial introvert people had to be labeled in order to be recognized.

Therefore, an Austrian pediatrician(was not even a neurologist or psychiatrist!!) who lived in a country under strong Nazi influence, has accomplished this mission by creating a new "medical" diagnosis on the basis of a mediocre scientific study that was done on only FOUR boys and linked it to a real disorder which is Autism , this new diagnosis was called by his name as Asperger's syndrome .

After a while of the fall of the Nazi empire , this personality type described above is no longer desired nor accepted by the rest of the world too (even by the parents), the world is leaning more and more into extroverts and therefore this minority of people with such personality type feel alien and rejected and often fall in depression and anti-social isolation.
As result of the increase of these people's complains about their 'difference' as well the parent's complains about the 'difference' of their kids, the psychiatric industry took benefit from those people and adopted the same Label created by Hans Asperger to diagnose those people.

Like in the case of ADHD , the Psychiatric industry started to promote that diagnosis with biased brain studies on kids who are already on drugs and Molecular Psychiatry promoted unclear genetic studies every while showing how Asperger is related to many genes and environmental factors (if it's a personality type then It's surely related to many genes and environmental factors , any personality type is partly genetic and can somehow be INHERITED too.). The asperger's symptoms can all be considered as normal behavioral traits like obsession and lack of empathy (quirky but normal) in which almost everyone in the world has at least one or two of such traits.

They did a great Marketing job and nowadays millions Antidepressants and stimulants are being prescribed and sold to those who are diagnosed as "Asperger",those introverts have just fell victims under a psychiatric Label and embraced it in order to feel an explanation for their difference.

Classic Autism: A real brain disorder , not related to AS, its cause is unknown but probably related to genetic and environmental factors (like mercury , a well known neurotoxin found in many products and food). Classic Autism is not even close to Asperger's syndrome.

Classic auties have those features:
# a profound lack of affect or emotional contact with others
# an intense wish for sameness in routines
# muteness or abnormality of speech
# fascination with manipulating objects
# high levels of visuo-spatial skills, but major learning difficulties in other areas
# attractive, alert and intelligent appearance.

Diagnosis:
Unlike the Asgerger's symptoms , those symptoms are very clearly abnormal

* Very limited eye contact,
* Avoidance of physical contact,
* Inappropriate facial expressions and emotional responses,
* Inflexibility in routines,
* Repetitive movements like hand flapping,
* Delay in the development of speech, and speech without communicative gestures,
* Difficulty or inability to converse,
* Inflexible routines,
* Unusual interests with certain objects, and
* Onset of at least one of the above systems before the age of three.

Classic autism is a real DISABILITY because it interferes with one's ability to take care of his own (unless if he's professionally taught how to live by his/her , like the blind person) and its symptoms interferes with one's daily activities too

PS: What's so funny that many Dxed Aspies and Self-Dxed Aspies think they have the right to talk in the name of 'whole Autism' , including Classic Autism, and promote the idea that Autism is not is real disability and not even abnormality but just "neurodifference" and refuse any study that suggests that Autism may be caused by an external factor like Mercury or pollution because they relate AS to Classic Autism and so don't want to be related to abnormality.

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2008, 3:32 pm

I would say that autism makes us super alert to our surroundings. Unlike most people, we see everything, hear everything, feel everything, smell everything (not always a good thing) and taste everything ALL the time. Autism can make us be confused with other people's ways of communicating or their non-verbal communication. It makes us behave in ways that may look odd to others. The self-stimulation makes us feel better, thats why we do it. I hope that this helps.

LePetitPrince
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2008, 12:03 pm

^ huh? superpowers?

pgd
Veteran
Veteran