someone please give adivce on what to do with my course

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 10:32 am

Prehaps your difficulty here is an indication you should lower your sights in becoming a medical physician and choose one of the
allied health professions instead. Medical School is grueling...and there are plenty of careers in the health field where you can
care for people.

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2008, 10:33 am

Zsazsa wrote:
Prehaps your difficulty here is an indication you should lower your sights in becoming a medical physician and choose one of the
allied health professions instead. Medical School is grueling...and there are plenty of careers in the health field where you can
care for people.

i was thinking about a surgeon.

you think im not smart enough?

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 10:40 am

jus4u76 wrote:
Zsazsa wrote:
care for people.

That is the most stressful and demanding of the medical specialties... Why not consider becoming a Physician Assistant, a Radiologic Technologist, a Lab Technologist, a Physical Therapist or any one of the other Allied Health Professions.

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2008, 11:25 am

Zsazsa wrote:
jus4u76 wrote:
Zsazsa wrote:
care for people.

That is the most stressful and demanding of the medical specialties... Why not consider becoming a Physician Assistant, a Radiologic Technologist, a Lab Technologist, a Physical Therapist or any one of the other Allied Health Professions.

what about a surgeon though?

Katie_WPG
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Nov 2008, 11:31 am

Well, what is the course exactly?

It's possible that you'd be fine in most medical courses, but this particular one might be giving you trouble.

If things look really bad, you could always drop it and try again next term/semester.

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2008, 11:33 am

Katie_WPG wrote:
Well, what is the course exactly?

It's possible that you'd be fine in most medical courses, but this particular one might be giving you trouble.

If things look really bad, you could always drop it and try again next term/semester.

it's math. im thinking about majoring in math or computer science.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:15 pm

As a Surgeon, you need four years of premed, four years of medical school and 3-4 years of a fellowship in the specialty of surgery. Do you honestly know what a Surgeon does? Do you like classes in Anatomy and doing dissection? As a Surgeon, you
will be doing alot of dissection...and not that "baby" stuff you do in college.

As a Surgeon, you have to cut people open, remove body parts that are cancerous or life threatening. You have to put critically
injured people back together after a severe accident. You have to do transplants...taking body organs out of dead people and
transplant them into living people who need them. You have to save someone life dying from a gunshot wound...

As a Surgeon, you are under extreme stress in a highly demanding, life or death environment. How are you going to work under
such tremendous stress and pressure when you have diffculty with a simply course?

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2008, 12:18 pm

Zsazsa wrote:
As a Surgeon, you need four years of premed, four years of medical school and 3-4 years of a fellowship in the specialty of surgery. Do you honestly know what a Surgeon does? Do you like classes in Anatomy and doing dissection? As a Surgeon, you
will be doing alot of dissection...and not that "baby" stuff you do in college.

As a Surgeon, you have to cut people open, remove body parts that are cancerous or life threatening. You have to put critically
injured people back together after a severe accident. You have to do transplants...taking body organs out of dead people and
transplant them into living people who need them.You have to save someone life dying from a gunshot wound...

As a Surgeon, you are under extreme stress in a highly demanding, life or death environment. How are you going to work under
such tremendous stress and pressure when you have diffculty with a simply course?

who said i was having difficulty? do you think im not smart enough?

LifeOfTheSpectrum
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

25 Nov 2008, 12:20 pm

Zsazsa, just because you're too lazy to go through Medical training, doesn't mean everyone else is.
I'd go for being a surgeon, good pay, exciting job, not too social (just giving commands.)
If Anatomy is an obsession, it's perfect!

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:23 pm

I never said you were not smart enough...

However, you got a 12/40 on the first exam and had high hopes for the second exam. When you go to apply to medical school,
the Admission Committee will be looking at you under a microscope to choose the BEST qualified applicants.

If you think you can make the "cut," go for it!

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2008, 12:26 pm

Zsazsa wrote:
I never said you were not smart enough...

However, you got a 12/40 on the first exam and had high hopes for the second exam. When you go to apply to medical school,
the Admission Committee will be looking at you under a microscope to choose the BEST qualified applicants.

If you think you can make the "cut," go for it!

im trying to sort the 2nd midterm out right now. i need to take this one to get somewhere in the 90's. they're not going to look at one course like this one if this one doesn't work out. i'll talk to you later.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 12:30 pm

LifeOfTheSpectrum wrote:
Zsazsa, just because you're too lazy to go through Medical training, doesn't mean everyone else is.

I resent that remark...nor am I lazy. I have many years of working in trauma care in a large University Hospital.
You know nothing about me...so what gives you the right to be disrespectful and abrasive to me?

cozmocha
Butterfly
Butterfly

25 Nov 2008, 1:27 pm

Sometimes if the syllabus states 2 midterms and they prof changes it you maybe be able to fight it with the college.

If getting a good grade is that important to you and you end up with a 72% take the class again over the summer if you can. I think they should take the average of the two grades? I'm not sure how your college works.

Your school might have some loopholes that you may be able to drop or get an incomplete then retake it. If you be nice to higher up people in your college they can bend the rules in this sense.

Comet
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 3:50 pm

For one lets not judge

jus4u76 nobody said you wasn't smart but how do you expect to become a surgeon when your doing maths ? You need to go tomed school

Is it really what you want to do ?

Im lazy though :P

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

25 Nov 2008, 4:13 pm

You want to know whether to drop the class or not and it's a math class and you are a math major? The highest grade you can possibly make is a C-? Drop the course and take it again next year. Unless, your college has the option of letting you retake the class if your grade was too low the first time...unless this is the second time? Is this the second time you took the class? I think I read something in your topic post about the first class...Anyway, hope it goes well.

jus4u76
Raven
Raven

25 Nov 2008, 5:55 pm

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo wrote:
You want to know whether to drop the class or not and it's a math class and you are a math major? The highest grade you can possibly make is a C-? Drop the course and take it again next year. Unless, your college has the option of letting you retake the class if your grade was too low the first time...unless this is the second time? Is this the second time you took the class? I think I read something in your topic post about the first class...Anyway, hope it goes well.

i haven't switched into math yet.