Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 1:35 pm

Do you sometimes have a bit of difficulty on tests because you automatically see all of the technicalities and understand how answers can be argued either way? I once had more trouble with this but I realized that I should try looking at it from the author's perspective and not my own. I naturally examine all possibilities.

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 1:40 pm

I hold a 4.0 GPA, but I typically finish later than usual on tests because I tend to go over every question 4-5 times.

Puppet
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Nov 2008, 1:46 pm

When I have the patience for tests, you can say I see "horns on horses". If that makes sense.

__biro
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

30 Nov 2008, 1:57 pm

I have this problem as well. When I read a question I think of all the possible answers even if they are loosely connected. I seem to over analyse every part of the question. I then find it difficult to decide which answer is most likely to be the one they are looking for.

zghost
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 2:32 pm

My biggest problem was always that the material that I found signifigant and studied was not what would actually be on the test. I never could figure out what was supposed to be important, and ended up winging it every time.
And when I'd make a cheat sheet.... so useless it's funny now.

30 Nov 2008, 2:34 pm

I hate tests.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 2:42 pm

Essay Questions: I try to keep to a minimum of content, concentrating mainly on spelling, grammar, and syntax. As long as I simply repeat what the instructor said during lecture, I'm almost guaranteed a B.

Multiple Choice: There is only one correct answer (obviously). The is also one completely wrong answer, and one or more answers that mean essentially the samer thing, could go either way, and are meant to trick you. Eliminate the obviously worong answer, and whichever answer is the least wrong of the remaining three is the correct answer. Of course, if it's a maths test, then just try each answer until you get the right one.

True/False: Go for the obvious ones first, then go back and see which answers of the ones you did not do agree in some way with the ones you did do - no answer T/F will ever contradict another T/F answer!

I hope this helps.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

jkennedy293
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

30 Nov 2008, 3:43 pm

I do very well on tests usually. I am also usually one of the first people to finish.

happypuff
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

30 Nov 2008, 3:50 pm

Over time I've learnt not to think about the questions

If I've been looking at it for a while and figure that 2-3 options could be correct, and especially if it's a just colour a circle in test (ie, no space to justify your answer like sometimes you get), I tell myself to pick the one I initially thought of when I skimmed through the question and before I properly analysed it, and to forget about it and move on. It just means the test is stupid.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

30 Nov 2008, 4:09 pm

Often during tests my mind suddenly blanks out and I can forget answers. I can focus for too long on just one question.

SpongeBobRocksMao!