Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 6:11 pm

Have you ever been so obsessed with something that even the people you barely talk to or know, know you like it?
It's happened to me. Literally over 50 students in my school know that I'm obsessed with SpongeBob. Once in English class I had to do a speech and some asked if it was about SpongeBob. In class teachers have asked me stuff and students shouted SpongeBob! We watched the movie in class once and everyone looked at me. There's been many more like that too.
Has anybody else had similar experiences? :?:

SpongeBobRocksMao!

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 6:31 pm

I was in a club called News Scan in middle school. We did a weekly in school TV news show. I did camera work, editing, ect. Nothing on screen. There were quite a few kids that called me News Scan in place of my name all the time.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 7:01 pm

Everybody in my junior high knew how much I love anime; I carried pictures of my then-favorite series around with me in my binder, and I was always drawing pictures of my favorite characters in art class. I got made fun of a few times for it, but I also had a few good acquaintances who talked about it with me on a regular basis.

elderwanda
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 7:21 pm

I'm sure I don't need to ask this, but since I've got a thing for Lego, I will: Do you have the Lego SpongeBob sets?
http://spongebob.lego.com/en-us/Products/Default.aspx

Of course you do. I can't imagine why I'm asking. They are very cute.

I'm too socially isolated to have a well-known anything.

05 Dec 2008, 7:33 pm

Everyone on here seems to know I am obsessed with Benny & Joon and Spokane. I have hardly talked about it. Sure I may have posted threads about it under likedcalico but that was last summer and I didn't think everyone would know about them. They are buried in the board and who is going to see them, it be very slim to find them. Lot of people must have seen them because they seem to already know about my obsession or they got told by other members. I don't know how my avatar gives it away. Anyone can pick a random one. I can pick Home Alone as my avatar. Does that mean I'm obsessed with it? If I was always picking new B&J avatars or Spokane, that give anyone the hint I am obsessed with it.

SMARTIE
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Dec 2008, 8:07 pm

Everyone at work knows I am obsessed with my Smart Car, even those I do not know very well.
Even family members I do not see very often will ask me about the car :wink:
I am sure I have mentioned it on here a few times too......

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 8:36 pm

Everyone knows I'm into photography. I'm always asked if I've taken photos of anymore bands or if I'm getting paid for it yet.

preludeman
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 8:41 pm

In school I kept my interests to myself, for the other students could make fun of them.

They are the same as today poetry, various music, sci-fi.

pakled
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 9:55 pm

I'm into 3d art, but then that's a subject that doesn't show up to outsiders (except for putting my creations in my binder at work, so I know which end is the front...;)

Moop
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

Location: Right here! Ya! Right behind the monitors glass! Get me out of here!

05 Dec 2008, 10:01 pm

I stopped telling people about my obsessions, since they just turn away, and then I feel insulted. But that just makes me more socially withdrawn. BLAH!

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2008, 10:31 pm

I always remember "special interest" or "obsession" as the time I talked someone away, but I probably just bored them :lol:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2008, 12:41 am

I've had a couple of well known obsessions, here. One of them is 'Flushed Away', because of HFA Sid. :O)

Tails
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

06 Dec 2008, 7:52 am

Haha, I'm pretty sure that EVERYONE in my life knows that I am totally and absolutely obsessed with Sonic the Hedgehog. I mean, I have a character from the games as my username and avatar, and I'm quite well known in the fandom for having one of the largest known collections of Sonic merchandise. I'm also a moderator on one of the largest Sonic forums, which gets me interesting perks such as getting invited to events at SEGA Europe's offices and getting freebies! I'm always wearing Sonic t-shirts too. So yeah, my obsession is very obvious to all who meet me :D

Julia_the_Great
Toucan
Toucan

06 Dec 2008, 12:00 pm

Occaisionally I get hooked on a topic so long that I even start it up with strangers when I'm in line at the store. I've embarassed myself a good deal, and my teachers all think there's something wrong with me because I always talk about these really disturbing topics.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2008, 4:22 pm

everyone knows i am obsessed with painting and art. I am synonymous with them. I would go so far as to say my identity and my special interst are inextricably linked.

Spiral_Architect
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

06 Dec 2008, 6:31 pm

Julia_the_Great wrote:
Occaisionally I get hooked on a topic so long that I even start it up with strangers when I'm in line at the store. I've embarassed myself a good deal, and my teachers all think there's something wrong with me because I always talk about these really disturbing topics.

What kind of disturbing things are we talking about, exactly? I ask because I became curious about Dahmer last year and have been obsessed with him ever since. It's gotten to the point where I will try to work it into conversations whenever I get the chance. One guy I know likes to refer to me as "the weird creepy kid."