Ever came across NT's you really liked?

Page 1 of 4 [ 52 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2008, 7:08 am

It happens to me sometimes, that I actually stumble over people that's kind of different from other people, they've got som kind of charisma that makes me relax in their company and makes me feel much more comfortable than I usually would do in social occations.
Don't get me wrong, I don't hate people, but sometimes it almost kills me to be in social occations, with no way to escape. Every once in a while on such occations, I meet people like I described. I think those ppl have some special ability that other people don't have. Sorry, but I feel it kind of hard to explain better, I put my trust in your intuiton, that you know what I mean?

Wrackspurt
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 7:27 am

Yes, I know what you mean. There is this guy that works at home depot that I got along with from the get-go. I feel completely at ease around him, even enough to tease him back. He always asks me what my newest project is, then brags to the other customers about things I've done in the past. Which skinny me doesn't look like I could accomplish. He's a good guy. That happens every once in a while. Instant friends. It's unusual as most people make me feel uncomfortable.

Crocodile
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2008, 7:34 am

It happens to me sometimes. Sometimes I run into a very special person. Not often enough, if it depends on me, alas.

I GRADUATED WITH THE HIGHEST GRADES OF MY YEAR!! !! !

Psychic_Defective
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Dec 2008, 7:38 am

Not NTs per se.

My group of friends includes:

A diagnosed pyromaniac stoner.
A Packrat with rage issues and a survivalist attitude.
A control freak den mother.
A Shy guy who kills his emotions with drugs and displays unusual hangs in speech.
A very fast talking twitcher with authority issues.
A "stranger in a strange land" who's eyes gloss over when he's not spouting random facts (myself, as described by one of my teachers).
And a girl who Compulsively makes bad decisions (Bi-polar diagnosed).

So there's no Neuro-typicality in there, but they're definitely a good bunch. I can relax with them (unless the group assembles as a whole, in which case I fall into facilitator mode, setting up things like music on my computer for them to listen to, or finding something interesting for the group to do while engaging in virtually no interpersonal conversation, or finding people also out of the group and talking to them.) unless I'm feeling particularly... I dunno the word to describe it, so I'll go with perturbed. If I feel like I screwed up somehow, I'll usually lapse into analyzation mode, silently picking apart the conversation for my social faux pas. I have an excellent mask and present as a self-acknowledging pompous ass, to the point of smoking a pipe and making racist/sexist comments in place of terms of endearment. A "class-hole" if you will. (points if you get the reference).

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 7:48 am

I really like my friends. Most of them have rather typical traits, they're popular, typical girls, modern and fashionable and so on. Best people in the world.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2008, 7:49 am

Wrackspurt wrote:
Yes, I know what you mean. There is this guy that works at home depot that I got along with from the get-go. I feel completely at ease around him, even enough to tease him back. He always asks me what my newest project is, then brags to the other customers about things I've done in the past. Which skinny me doesn't look like I could accomplish. He's a good guy. That happens every once in a while. Instant friends. It's unusual as most people make me feel uncomfortable.

Yeah, you're on the spot. It's more seldom to run into ppl like that, cause you allways run into extremely more scumbags during the life, and tend to lock down a bit more for every such slimeball you meet.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2008, 7:50 am

Crocodile wrote:
It happens to me sometimes. Sometimes I run into a very special person. Not often enough, if it depends on me, alas.
the post above goes for you too, right on the spot.

DarthMaxeuis
Toucan
Toucan

27 Dec 2008, 7:52 am

I don't have many NT friends (and friends either), mostly gamer addicts, but I feel that some people are special because they have a certain ability to speak to me and to engage in a conversation, not a one-way speech as usual (either me or the person). I feel that these person are different than the others, who keep bullying me. I feel more comfortable with those tolerant people than usual when communicating.
I get on well with mostly Adults NT (But a small group of them) and Girls NT (same) , but not boys NT, and of course I get on well with people with AS.
I'm not too affected by my AS, I've got a mild form according to my doctor, but I'm really rejected and bullied in my high school, by many of my classmates.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 7:57 am

I have two wonderful friends who are NT. I don't know what I'd do without them. :)

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2008, 7:58 am

Psychic_Defective wrote:
Not NTs per se.

My group of friends includes:

A diagnosed pyromaniac stoner.
A Packrat with rage issues and a survivalist attitude.
A control freak den mother.
A Shy guy who kills his emotions with drugs and displays unusual hangs in speech.
A very fast talking twitcher with authority issues.
A "stranger in a strange land" who's eyes gloss over when he's not spouting random facts (myself, as described by one of my teachers).
And a girl who Compulsively makes bad decisions (Bi-polar diagnosed).

So there's no Neuro-typicality in there, but they're definitely a good bunch. I can relax with them (unless the group assembles as a whole, in which case I fall into facilitator mode, setting up things like music on my computer for them to listen to, or finding something interesting for the group to do while engaging in virtually no interpersonal conversation, or finding people also out of the group and talking to them.) unless I'm feeling particularly... I dunno the word to describe it, so I'll go with perturbed. If I feel like I screwed up somehow, I'll usually lapse into analyzation mode, silently picking apart the conversation for my social faux pas. I have an excellent mask and present as a self-acknowledging pompous ass, to the point of smoking a pipe and making racist/sexist comments in place of terms of endearment. A "class-hole" if you will. (points if you get the reference).

Glad to hear from you. As from what I can tell from your reply, you don't exactly lead a life surrounded by boring friends. That's good. Interesting bunch though....

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 8:04 am

all my friends are NTs. they are really a great resource when it comes to human behaviours I wouldn't otherwise understand. plus they are all very tolerant, non-judgemental NTs who don't mind my being the way I am.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2008, 8:12 am

DarthMaxeuis wrote:
I don't have many NT friends (and friends either), mostly gamer addicts, but I feel that some people are special because they have a certain ability to speak to me and to engage in a conversation, not a one-way speech as usual (either me or the person). I feel that these person are different than the others, who keep bullying me. I feel more comfortable with those tolerant people than usual when communicating.
I get on well with mostly Adults NT (But a small group of them) and Girls NT (same) , but not boys NT, and of course I get on well with people with AS.
I'm not too affected by my AS, I've got a mild form according to my doctor, but I'm really rejected and bullied in my high school, by many of my classmates.

Exactly! I'm not even diagnosed, but from what I've learned from this forum, my suspicions on being on the specter has grown steadily stronger, for every day I find out more about this condition. On my tests I'm allways in the lower end of the specter.

mosez
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Dec 2008, 8:26 am

anna-banana wrote:
all my friends are NTs. they are really a great resource when it comes to human behaviours I wouldn't otherwise understand. plus they are all very tolerant, non-judgemental NTs who don't mind my being the way I am.

Thanx for replying, you must be one lucky girl. You're young, and I beg you to hold on to your friends. If I did not have the job, I probably just sit here talking to the dog,myself and the walls. Getting weirder and weirder, as time goes by. I believe, after all, that input from others, and trying to give something back, is something valuable, even if one lack some emotions.

Psychic_Defective
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Dec 2008, 8:35 am

mosez wrote:
If I did not have the job, I probably just sit here talking to the dog,myself and the walls. Getting weirder and weirder, as time goes by.

I know just what you mean.
Shortly after discovering alcohol, I ended up alone in the dark staring at an empty monitor.

My friends came by and took the bottle away.
I'm not allowed to drink alone anymore.

miserylovescompany
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 8:51 am

Yes, my boyfriend! :)

anna-banana
Veteran
Veteran

27 Dec 2008, 9:17 am

mosez wrote:
anna-banana wrote:

Thanx for replying, you must be one lucky girl. You're young, and I beg you to hold on to your friends. If I did not have the job, I probably just sit here talking to the dog,myself and the walls. Getting weirder and weirder, as time goes by. I believe, after all, that input from others, and trying to give something back, is something valuable, even if one lack some emotions.

yeah my dog is a great listener too but I try not to burden him with too much rambling :wink:

it's funny how I always thought my social skills were great, judging only by the way I interact with my close friends (all of whom I've known for over 22 years). I get along well with people I'm introduced to by my friends as well. but being thrown into a group situation where I don't know a soul is always a total disaster and a reality check when it comes to my real social skills. they suck :p