Page 2 of 3 [ 42 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 8:51 pm

When I was a baby my dad was in the army and while I was sleeping in my car seat, he took me to bars and had drinks. No one seemed to care.
I would call that alcoholic behaviour.
Your mom...I don't know how she can drink Martinis. Anything with gin in it gives me really bad heart burn. If her drinking limits her in some way or keeps her from doing what needs to get done, it's an indication of a problem.
I had a lot of lectures in school about the dangers of alcohol. Alcoholic teens came to my school and told us stories about non stop vomitrons. It was gross. The alcoholic teens who lectured our classes made out like one drink a week makes you an alcoholic if you think you can't live without it and are dependent on having it.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 9:17 pm

Actually somebody told me that almost all of your thread were a little sick so what goes?
How about:
Is my Mum an Alcoholic
Are You easily Scared
Are there any Gay Guys Here With Aspergers
Can You Visualize Music
Do You Feel Guilty about Sexual Pleasure
What are your Political Views
and others.
I think you're the one with a problem and you need to explain it to some of us who come here with good intentions.

Marcia
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 9:25 pm

jmfoster, I don't know if your mother is an alcoholic, but from what you've said on this thread, and the fact that you're asking the question at all - I would say that she certainly has a drink problem.

I'm a similar age to your mother, and to be perfectly honest, for a woman her age to be drinking spirits every night on her own, isn't particularly healthy. Both her physical and mental health will be affected, and it is clearly having a negative effect on you and on your relationship with her.

Sadly, a person with a drink problem will often deny that they need help, and your mother will only accept help when she herself is able to acknowledge that she has a problem.

Meantime, you have to think of yourself and how her drinking affects you.

I posted a link to Al-Anon, and I really would recommend that you contact them. Not for your mother, but for yourself. You will find people there who understand what is happening to you, and who have similar experiences. They will be able to provide support for you.

jmfoster
Raven
Raven

05 Jan 2009, 9:43 pm

I'm not sick thankyou, I had interesting feedback on those threads.
FOr an elder man you're very ignorant and immature, lease keep to your word and don't post on my threads again, thankyou.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2009, 10:25 pm

===================
WrongPlanet Rules
===================

Conduct
-----------
The following activities are unacceptable on WrongPlanet:

Personal attacks.
This includes insinuation, ridicule and personal insults, regardless of whether direct or indirect. Attacking an opinion, belief or philosophy is acceptable, but attacking the person making the comments is not.

Merle

jmfoster
Raven
Raven

05 Jan 2009, 10:27 pm

I don't tollerate ignorant behaviour, especilly those who are meant to set a good examlpe and not take advantage of a teenagers problems, so farewell, I will not be using this site again.

WurdBendur
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 2:23 am

Don't listen to garyww. He has his own problems and regularly shows it. Just don't give up on the whole site over one annoying individual. There are plenty of kinder and more intelligent people here.

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 12:12 pm

WurdBendur wrote:
Don't listen to garyww. He has his own problems and regularly shows it. Just don't give up on the whole site over one annoying individual. There are plenty of kinder and more intelligent people here.

actually I wrote to jmfoster reminding him we don't personally attack folks on WP. His reply was to quit the site.

Merle

paganita
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

09 Jan 2009, 2:23 pm

i think there's more excuses to make someone seem like an alcoholic then there are for being one

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 3:34 pm

being an alcoholic is not a moral issue. being an alcoholic is having an allergy to alcohol. The allergy is either born into you, or it is aquired. The allergy is like an itch that gets worse when you scratch it. the only way to break the allergy sequence is to stop the irritant and "not scratch".

it is what people do while using alcohol when they are allergic to it that makes it a moral issue. if they did stuff like that with hay fever, they would treat hay fever as a moral issue too.

nancy143
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

24 Jan 2009, 4:50 am

Now a days any city or any country Alcohol is the main problem every one take this alcohol
and they faced some problems not only they surrounding people is also suffered many
problems.Many countries should banned this alcohol but that are available because the rule
should not implemented strictly.i think there's more excuses to make someone seem like an alcoholic then there are for being one. Small children is also suffer because our parents do not care so they also take alcohol.
===================

nancy143

jmfoster
Raven
Raven

24 Jan 2009, 4:55 am

Thanks again for the interlectual replies,
I don't know why some on here are so defensive ans ignorant, my post is just how I feel, I guess they have problems of they're own? maybe haryww and the other idiot is an alcoholic?

sinsboldly
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jan 2009, 11:27 am

jmfoster wrote:
Thanks again for the interlectual replies,
I don't know why some on here are so defensive ans ignorant, my post is just how I feel, I guess they have problems of they're own? maybe haryww and the other idiot is an alcoholic?

so, instead of defying the rules of WP and continuing with the personal insults, why don't YOU do something about your mother's suspected alcoholism? Alanon/Alateen is the group that people go to that love or live around Alcoholics. They help you learn how YOU can help YOURSELF and stop the blame cycle that gets people no where.

http://www.al-anonfamilygroups.org/meet ... eting.html

Merle

jmfoster
Raven
Raven

24 Jan 2009, 11:34 am

I've sorted the problem out, I'm not sure what you mean by 'blame cycle'...
I think you're disspointing, this was a delicate issue and garyww critisized it and said my threads are weird.
Please don't reply to my posts, there's more mature people on here I like to chat to... not biased ones.

jmfoster
Raven
Raven

24 Jan 2009, 11:37 am

And is there any way I can get my account deleted please? Because I am still getting e-mails from the site...

jmfoster
Raven
Raven

24 Jan 2009, 11:43 am

Posted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:17 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Actually somebody told me that almost all of your thread were a little sick so what goes?
How about:
Is my Mum an Alcoholic
Are You easily Scared
Are there any Gay Guys Here With Aspergers
Can You Visualize Music
Do You Feel Guilty about Sexual Pleasure
What are your Political Views
and others.
I think you're the one with a problem and you need to explain it to some of us who come here with good intentions.'

Thanks for reading what he said,
notify me when you've given him a warning, thanks.