Sensory things that drive you nuts that no one else gets...

Page 7 of 11 [ 175 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Wolverine-X
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

12 Jan 2009, 5:40 am

And oh yea, i absolutely hate wearing shirts of a certain fabric. I just have to wear a T-shirt inside
otherwise i will go crazy. The rubbing of the cloth on my skin can kill me ouch.
People will ask me questions like "wow it is so hot today and you are wearing something inside" and btw i hail from
the tropics.

Gliesen_Antrho
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

12 Jan 2009, 5:43 am

Oddly Specific. I hate the feel of carpet on my feet. I an touch it with my hands ok but have to wear slippers or socks.
I don't like people moving their hands across me. I can cope with hugs if they keep their hands still. Why do girls have to stroke my arm, it's like a million cockroaches crawling across my skin. I'm thankful so few girls like me :)

cataspie
Toucan
Toucan

12 Jan 2009, 5:44 am

Car air fresheners, how people can tolerate them i do not know never mind like the smell.
Perfume
Cleaning agents with amonia (it smells like wee)
My legs touching especially at night
Bright sun light
Some shop lighting
Seeing someone elses poo in a public toilet and the smell.
Polystireen

Last edited by cataspie on 13 Jan 2009, 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

gina-ghettoprincess
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 9:33 am

Yesterday my brother was waving his phone in my face trying to get me to watch something on it, and I hate things being shoved right up in my face, so I knocked it out of his hand, LOL. I'd laugh if it broke, it'd serve Mum right for buying him an expensive phone and giving me her second-hand one (long story).

y es como un semestre"

turbohappy
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

12 Jan 2009, 12:23 pm

TV squeal (yay to LCDs and plasmas!)
Too much fluorescent lights
Lots of touching when not turned on already (lips, etc.)

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 1:48 pm

turbohappy wrote:
TV squeal (yay to LCDs and plasmas!)

I know what you mean, that always bothers me! When I went on holiday to Wales I was chucked back into the past (metaphorically) with a tiny old "box TV" as I call them and I couldnt watch it properly with that squeal! I think the reason it was so bad was because I am so used to LCD TVs, but I guess having over sensitive hearing dont help!

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 2:43 pm

I can't wear socks on carpeting. I either have to be barefoot or have my bare feet in slippers if I'm cold. It's just the combination of socks + carpet + the socks rubbing my feet just drives me nuts.

Jenni
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

12 Jan 2009, 3:23 pm

Strong perfume, it makes me feel like im suffocating.
I was more sensitive to loud noises as a kid. Other kids enjoyed bursting balloons at parties and i'd beg them to stop. Really loud music still stresses me out.
I hate it when people stand directly behind me. If im walking and someone is too close i stop so they walk past or i walk a different route.

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 3:28 pm

Jenni wrote:

I had an experience with that last night at work. Some customer came in with 2 bottles of it, and even though they weren't being used, I could still smell it and it was over powering... The coffee in the air didnt help either.

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jan 2009, 3:54 pm

Padium wrote:
Jenni wrote:

I had an experience with that last night at work. Some customer came in with 2 bottles of it, and even though they weren't being used, I could still smell it and it was over powering... The coffee in the air didnt help either.

Yep, I hate perfume, too, can't stand the smell of it.

FerrariMike_40
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

12 Jan 2009, 8:56 pm

Cigarette smoke is another one, when I am walking down the street and come across a smoker I have to hold my breath until I am several feet away from them. Probably my worst sensory overload trigger.

Pook
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

13 Jan 2009, 10:52 am

I hate hearing other conversations. When I worked I could hear them from down the hall if the office music was not playing. I often end up hearing myself or others I know being critizised for the most inanne things :roll: It's just so distracting to me. Dunno if anyone else has that problem or not.

And I can't stand to handle raw meat and how slimy, cold and sticky it is 8O And I am a huge animal lover, but don't ask me to hold your pet snake. A friend of mine shoved one in my hands eventhough I said no thanks. I calmly said take him before I drop him. Reptiles. Ewwww.

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 5:00 pm

Happening right now...

My dad is the noisiest eater in the world. He could be eating the softest food ever and it would sound like he's chewing a brick. He has to slurp his drinks. He smacks his lips. I always want to hit him when he's eating because the sound of it always drives me to panic attacks and he's one of the only people I've ever met to have this effect on me. His response to it has always been a threat to have me committed.

He literally sounds like a pig when he eats.

lionesss
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 5:25 pm

MizLiz wrote:
Happening right now...

My dad is the noisiest eater in the world. He could be eating the softest food ever and it would sound like he's chewing a brick. He has to slurp his drinks. He smacks his lips. I always want to hit him when he's eating because the sound of it always drives me to panic attacks and he's one of the only people I've ever met to have this effect on me. His response to it has always been a threat to have me committed.

He literally sounds like a pig when he eats.

My husband is a loud and an annoying eater too like that! I have been so tempted to tell him to eat QUIETLY but I don't think he can help it! Funny thing is.. it annoys me more when he smacks his lips like he does after he does something to infuriate me :lol:

fullfathomfive

14 Jan 2009, 4:22 am

Lots of these I can relate to.

Hate the wood in the mouth feeling, just horrible.

The smell of mince stewing, bad, most meats I can deal with, lamb can be a bit strong smelling sometimes.

Driving in a car with air-conditioner on recirculate, just that weird recycled air smell, I can manage about a minute of it before I have to switch it back to fresh air. Too bad for me if I am stuck behind a garbage truck or cattle truck or something belching petrol or diesel fumes, they are bad but I can tolerate them.

Tags in underwear, bad, especially on the side, digging into the hip, very sensitive, I often notice if I am lying in bed I always have to move to get into a comfortable spot.

Sitting down and trying to adjust everything below the belt to get into a comfy position, drives me crazy.

Sunlight, too much, especially in summer, permanently have sunglasses on outside. Speaking of summer, I hate sweating.

My parents radio, always tuned to AM talkback, usually badly tuned, irritatingly squawky, I just have to get out of the room and up the far end of the house.

Loud talking.

Live music, very hard on me because I love music and so love going to see bands, but it gets to a point where the noise level in the room gets so high that it kind of reaches a saturation point for me, just have to go and find some quiet place to sit, strangely, with quieter acoustic music and outdoor stages I deal with it better, maybe it is just a room full of people.

john

ReGiFroFoLa
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Jan 2009, 8:44 am

Yeh, Im very sensitive to sounds and lights... Sometimes the slightest sounds irritate me. I can't stand buzzing radiator or lamp. And it kills me the sound that is made by phone charger... Also telly is sometimes hurting my eyes, sso I don't watch it very often...