Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

matrixluver
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 Jan 2009, 10:47 pm

I am a writer with a background in philosophy and anthropology. I have an interest in Buddhism as a philosophy but not necessarily a religion. I am also an educator who happens to have strong traits on the Autism Spectrum but no actual diagnosis.

All of this has made me interested in writing a philosophical book about the Autism Spectrum and the current debate: disability or difference? The focus is looking to be about finding the middle way between "curing" and "treating." Of particular interest to me is finding examples of individuals on the Spectrum who have achieved great things both professionally and personally because of traits on the spectrum, not in spite of being on the spectrum.

I am soliciting anonymous testimonials/case studies for possible inclusion in my book. Cases do not need to be some glorious Temple Grandin story. I'm interested in the entire spectrum, from individuals who are considered low-functioning (potentional functioning versus observable functioning is a topic for another book) who have made great achievments above the expectations (not necessarily achieving at average or above-average) as well as individuals who have always been considered high-functioning. The stories can be about personal events as well as professional or academic. If anyone is interested, please send me a private message or post here. Any submissions from this site will be credited as such. By posting or messaging me, you will be granting permission to have the story published if I'm successful with the book. Any published testimonials will be anonymous. Thanks:)

Tahitiii
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 10:51 pm

Ok.
I'll send you a PM.

You could send a PM to our own "Ishmael"
and "Anbuend."
I think autistics.org is her site.

Last edited by Tahitiii on 29 Jan 2009, 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Warsie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jan 2009, 11:26 pm

You can try to contact Bran Cohen-he invented bittorrent.

Mixtli
Raven
Raven

28 Jan 2009, 11:37 pm

I'm an architect, inventor, and game designer, but I haven't gotten any fame yet. Maybe in a couple years.