Things you enjoy, not special interest

Page 1 of 2 [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 9:53 am

What are some things you enjoy that are not special interest?

For me I enjoy going shopping with other people, even if it is for things I have no interest in. Its almost like going on an adventure, I don't really know how to describe the feeling I get when I go out shopping with people, and I preferably would go with my parents. Heck, just getting out with other people is nice, especially if it isn't a really social trip, which might be why shopping with others is something I like so much.

RoisinDubh
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

07 Feb 2009, 10:05 am

My obsessions and plain-old leisure activities often overlap...I write, play piano, listen to music, and take pictures to relax a lot of the time. Reading up on local history, and visiting various historical sites and cemeteries is endlessly fascinating. The gym is another big one, and while I'm NOT sure that's an obsession, plenty of people have told me it is.

Others....another vote for shopping, especially at thrift and vintage shops. Cooking and baking. Going out to shows whenever possible (oops....back on that music obsession again....drat!) Travelling. Reading. People watching.

__biro
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Feb 2009, 10:15 am

I enjoy playing guitar which isn't my special interest. I also like cycling on my own it gives me space to think about things.

Shayne
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Feb 2009, 11:03 am

tea

Padium
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 11:09 am

Shayne wrote:
tea

Ihave around 30 varieties, and it is not a special interet for me.

lostinparadise
Raven
Raven

07 Feb 2009, 11:55 am

i enjoy spending money and shopping

nothingunusual
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 12:29 pm

Going on walks in the milder weather, swimming, having long baths, having a good nights sleep, going to a sushi bar, baking, cleaning the house, learning something new without setting out to learn it, having a nice day somewhere without it being planned out.

And in the passing of momentary stillness.
We can see our chaos in motion.

cmastler
Raven
Raven

07 Feb 2009, 12:37 pm

Hmmmn...VIDEO GAMES (when the mood strikes :D either watching or playing...both are good XD)....and walking my dog^-^ x3

There might be some other things, too. I'm not sure if I can count drawing as much, though...since a lot of my drawings have to do with my obsession with 'cuteness' now, anyways. :? Soo yeah.

I also enjoy going on/chatting online, too. But i'm not soo sure how much that relate's to special intrests or not...and I like reading webcomics, well, sometimes, anyways, too...but, mainly Kirby related ones...hmmmn lol

I'm happy with how I am, I don't care if nobody understand's. Because i'm just me, nomatter what.

And, yes...i'm 18 years old. Or I could be 12. Does it even matter?

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 1:02 pm

I'm not sure what's special interest and what's not most of the time.

zeichner
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

07 Feb 2009, 1:16 pm

One of my favorite things to do is travel on my own in another culture - when I can afford it. (This starts about 6 months before the trip - learning the language & doing research on the region where I'll be staying.)

Also, I love having an intimate conversation with someone over dinner.

Unfortunately, it has been far too long since I've been able to do either of these things - the first, due to lack of money & the second, due to lack of friends.

Other things I enjoy include reading & listening to music. (Thankfully, things I can do on my own - that cost almost nothing.)

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 1:18 pm

I like drawing and reading some books, mainly autism ones. :)

SpongeBobRocksMao!

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 1:29 pm

I can take joy in a bit of everything. For example, I like reading, writing, making music, listening to a song, working, breaks, listening to the rain, being blown away by a storm, the rain pouring down on me, drinking soda or just making my hair every morning and picking clothes. Each can frustrate me, but underneath I know I'm happy with it all because I'm alive, I'm here and right now able to do this.

Acacia
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 1:31 pm

I'm trying to not focus on special interests in writing this... it's hard.

The way I distinguish between a special interest and an ordinary enjoyable activity comes down to a sense of compulsion. My interests are things that I HAVE to do. Other enjoyable things are not necessities, and I can start and stop them as I please.

Some things that I simply enjoy:

- like several others so far... tea
- cooking and baking
- spices
- walking/jogging/hiking
- a collection of curious hats
- road trips/travel
- soccer
- tennis
- drawing
- photography

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 2:01 pm

I adore the subculture of a certain kind of raver (Kandi Kid). It involves wearing brightly colored, childlike clothing and accessories; the most important accessories are bracelets and necklaces made from plastic beads, which are referred to as "kandi". In addition to these, I also wear red hair extensions, shutter shades (which sit on top of my head, above the hair extensions) and heavy make-up. I embrace the kandi kids' phrase, PLUR, which stands for Peace, Love, Unity and Respect. Pretty much the only thing I don't like about the kandi kid subculture is the fact that, according to articles I've read, they do a lot of ecstasy. :? Which is the primary reason why I'm never actually going to a rave, among other things such as the high possibility of sensory overload.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 2:23 pm

I like going on road trips and eating at certain places.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

07 Feb 2009, 2:24 pm

IdahoRose wrote:
I adore the subculture of a certain kind of raver (Kandi Kid). It involves wearing brightly colored, childlike clothing and accessories; the most important accessories are bracelets and necklaces made from plastic beads, which are referred to as "kandi". In addition to these, I also wear red hair extensions, shutter shades (which sit on top of my head, above the hair extensions) and heavy make-up. I embrace the kandi kids' phrase, PLUR, which stands for Peace, Love, Unity and Respect. Pretty much the only thing I don't like about the kandi kid subculture is the fact that, according to articles I've read, they do a lot of ecstasy. :? Which is the primary reason why I'm never actually going to a rave, among other things such as the high possibility of sensory overload.

I like your avatar!