suggest ways of getting into good habits?

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

digger1
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 8:01 pm

I'm embarrassed to say I don't shower or brush my teeth very often. Got any tips on making it so that I can make it a habit so that I do these things at least once a day every day?

thanks!

Hector
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 8:28 pm

Do these things after something you normally like to do, like perhaps having breakfast. Also, set your alarm clock half an hour earlier if you normally have it set to a particular time. Starting is the hardest part.

CRACK
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 9:02 pm

I find that the only way to get into the habit of something I don't normally do is to either always do it in the morning or set a definite time of day to do it. Just doing something 'whenever' doesn't work.

Flismflop
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 9:02 pm

Think about those people who had all their teeth removed due to rot. It happened to my father. He can only eat food that's the consistancy of mush.

Always take care of your teeth right before going to bed. Don't go to sleep without doing it. While you're asleep is when the Cavity Creeps do their dirty work.

Brush/floss/brush/rinse-with-flouride-ACT

Zonta
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

10 Feb 2009, 9:03 pm

MmeLePen
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 9:46 pm

As far as showers, you don't have to do it everyday. Its better for your skin and hair to go a few days in between.

But every three days or so, make it your happy, sensory deprivation/enhancement place. Try aromatherapy, crank the watery tunes, and get into a zen space. Water is very healing.

Lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary or cypress are great scents to relaxing in the shower.

If that fails, I can't stand washing dishes so I put a TV next to the sink. Maybe put a TV in the bathroom?

As far as brushing your teeth - hmmmm.... I have very sensitive teeth so it feels good to brush my teeth. Maybe you can pretend you have senstive teeth. :D

SilverStar
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 11:34 pm

Just start doing it at the same time everytime you do it, so you get into a routine.