Page 1 of 1 [ 11 posts ] 

Reflection
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2009, 5:39 pm

Hey everyone-

I have 2 accounts here and each have gotten a weird random message (in bad english) which I will post below.
I suspect some foreign person using a bot and trying to snag us into giving them our bank account numbers or the like?
Anyone else getting spam messages like these?

----------------------------------------Message sent Sun Nov 09, 2008 3:26 am:-----------------------------------------------

Hello.....,
My name is Miss Boti. i am a female I was impressed when i saw your profile today at www.wrongplanet.net and i will like to establish a long lasting relationship with you. In addition,i will like you to reply me through my e mail box ( [email protected] ) This is because i don't know the possibilities of remaining in forum for a long time. please If you are interested in knowing more about me, and for me to send you some pictures of mine,
Thanks waiting to hear from you .
Miss Boti.

[email protected]

----------------------------------------Message sent Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:57 am:--------------------------------------------------

Hello from [email protected]
Hello dear i am Regina? i am single never married i saw your profile here today on (wrongplanet.net) so i decide to say hello and to also let you know that i am seeking for good and honest friendship, relationship love partner, please if you are interested in my request reply me on this e-mail address([email protected])so i can be able to send you my pictures? thank you and remain bless

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 5:45 pm

I've been getting a similar message for months and answering it but so far no naked pictures but I'm still hoping.

Reflection
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

10 Feb 2009, 5:47 pm

lol

:P

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 5:58 pm

have never been spammed [the bots probably know am a crap replier or just not worth it] but,this is a common problem,have seen it getting worse amongst users,if look through the pages on this board:
http://www.wrongplanet.net/forum13.html will find lots of posts about these bot messages,and people have posted about it on other parts of WP as well.

maybe WP needs better spam protection,though problem with using too much of it is they make a forum more inaccessible to people with affected impairments,eg,ones that ask maths questions and the person joining has learning disabilities,or ones that relie on intelligence or visual perception.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

10 Feb 2009, 6:01 pm

Bah other people here have gotten those and we just delete them. It doesn't happen often. I don't let them bother me because I know it's just spam and I don't fall for those. I just delete them and don't make a fuss about it. I still report it.

Ligea_Seroua
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 6:01 pm

Oh heck, yes. (i'm assuming-form of mesage exactly the same- its that or I have just seriously insulted someone :oops: )
Wonder which will cause them most reciprocal annoyance- if I ask them for their bank acount details, as I have sick relative needing operation etc etc , or add them to a scientology mailing list. :lol:

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 6:06 pm

Ligea_Seroua wrote:
Oh heck, yes. (i'm assuming-form of mesage exactly the same- its that or I have just seriously insulted someone :oops: )
Wonder which will cause them most reciprocal annoyance- if I ask them for their bank acount details, as I have sick relative needing operation etc etc , or add them to a scientology mailing list. :lol:

they're spam bots so wont be able to answer back unless they're some sort of speaking bot.
dont email them as will probably end up with address on a spam list.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

Ligea_Seroua
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 7:42 pm

i don't know why i was trying to make a joke of it, i've been brooding and crying for the last half hour...I know its stupid, but I just feel like ive had the p*** taken yet again and so sick of it happening because dumb enough to think it was friendly

jawbrodt
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 7:50 pm

I feel left out. I haven't received any yet. :scratch:

Those who know, don't speak.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 7:59 pm

"...One of those people (my) mother used to warn (me) about" topic

I know what I would do if I received compromising photos of the opposite gender. :evil: Report it.

But in Garyww's case it is hilarious. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

millie
Veteran
Veteran

10 Feb 2009, 8:04 pm

yeah. i received it and just ignored it