Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

sefer
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

13 Aug 2009, 9:25 am

I have terrible concentration. If I'm working on something and people are talking around me or there is interrupting noise, I can't continue, and I just go off in my head. If it's noisy and I try to block it out with music on an mp3 player, I start concentrating on the music rather than the work. There's nothing I can really do unless everything is completely silent.

A year or so ago I started taking Omega 3 tablets (fish oil) and apparently that was supposed to help. I don't remember if it did or not, so now I'm taking it again and I'll try to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Anyone else feel like me? What can you do to improve concentration, that actually works?

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 9:27 am

sefer wrote:
I have terrible concentration. If I'm working on something and people are talking around me or there is interrupting noise, I can't continue, and I just go off in my head. If it's noisy and I try to block it out with music on an mp3 player, I start concentrating on the music rather than the work. There's nothing I can really do unless everything is completely silent.

A year or so ago I started taking Omega 3 tablets (fish oil) and apparently that was supposed to help. I don't remember if it did or not, so now I'm taking it again and I'll try to see if there is a noticeable difference.

Anyone else feel like me? What can you do to improve concentration, that actually works?

Are you getting enough sleep? Are you exercising enough?

ruveyn

schleppenheimer
Veteran
Veteran

13 Aug 2009, 9:49 am

We've been trying the fish oil pills with my 13 year old son, but I have no real indication, or way of checking, to see if it's helping at all.

bluerose
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Aug 2009, 11:05 am

I used to take fish oil- didn't make any difference at all. Personally I find it easier to concentrate if I've been exercising regurarly- the difference is notable if I miss even one session.

ponies
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Aug 2009, 11:22 pm

It was suggested to me once to drink a cup of tea. Something in the tea helps the brain open up able to concentrate again.

I have tried this and it does work.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 2:06 am

What kind of tea ponies?

ryan93
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2009, 1:59 pm

There's always Ritalin, I've never tried it but I really want to :)

Member of the WP Strident Atheists