What would you do if you woke up and saw an NT pill

Page 4 of 9 [ 130 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 9  Next

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2009, 4:53 pm

I'd wonder who put it there and why.

Would do research on the NT pill to figure out side effects.

If it's like most medications and their complications would throw it away.

Later on I would probably get really curious what it would be like.

Would probably wake up the next morning with another NT pill sitting there.

Then I'd think "fine" let's see what happens.

I'd get sudden urges to listen to pop music and obey commands with no questions asked considering asking questions is considered rude.

Probably go spend alot of money to go get nails done.

Go to the mall, buy new clothes.

Get into arguements about who the best top 40 "musician" is and why.

Read gossip magazines. Buy them too.

Come back home, go to sleep.

Wake up and scream as my alarm music would be set to pop music.

Look down at my fingernails and scream.

Look in the mirror to see highlights in my hair and scream.

Look at all the receipts from money spent yesterday and scream.

Put on new clothes bought only to find them itchy and set them on fire.

Woodpecker
Veteran
Veteran

20 Feb 2009, 5:37 pm

Callista wrote:
"Oh crap! Someone's been in my house!"

Grab phone with one hand and knife with the other. Call 911 while listening for possible intruders. Possibly slide underneath bed. Mentally beat self up for not waking up when the intruder got through a door.

Nice answer, I would be more likely to grab a cricket bat than a knife. But I might need to take some lessons of a member of the auzzie test cricket team on how to use it.

Oh news flash, I have just worked out what to do.

Hold the pill in one hand and the bat in the other. Toss the pill into the air, grab the bat with both hands and then try to hit the pill as hard as you can before it falls onto the floor. If you hit it then run from one end of the garden to the other to score a run before picking the next pill out of the bottle and repeating it. Also if you hit the pill so hard it smashs then you have scored a six and you do not need to run.

Diagnosed under the DSM5 rules with autism spectrum disorder, under DSM4 psychologist said would have been AS (299.80) but I suspect that I am somewhere between 299.80 and 299.00 (Autism) under DSM4.

MegaAndy
Toucan
Toucan

20 Feb 2009, 5:49 pm

i'd take the blue pill the red pills way too much effort

the_enigma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2009, 6:05 pm

Read the label on the pill.

Go to my psychiatrist and ask for his opinion.

If side effects aren't too bad, I'll just take it. Duh.

...and kittenmeow, your opinion is precisely the reason why people think AS is full of s**t and just a reason to make people feel superior about themselves for no reason, then make excuses for all their shortcomings. I'd rather read gossip magazines and listen to pop music all day than go through this crap. Anyway, it's just a stereotype that all NTs have shallow, meaningless lives.

What's wrong with looking fashionable and following trends if you're having fun? Stop being elitist for nothing.

Fort56
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2009, 7:03 pm

the_enigma wrote:
I'd rather read gossip magazines and listen to pop music all day than go through this crap. Anyway, it's just a stereotype that all NTs have shallow, meaningless lives.

I listen to alot of pop music and I'm an aspie.

the_enigma
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Feb 2009, 7:21 pm

I listen to pop music too. It's a stereotype that those with AS have exemplary tastes at all times.
The stereotypical aspie is obsessed with anime and most anime is crap. Pokemon has artistic merit? Is anyone going to seriously argue this? For crying out loud, the guy who invented Pokemon , Satoshi Taijri, is a confirmed aspie! It's not an NT conspiracy to buy poke-crap to make the NT-dominated companies pockets deep with fortune and even if it was, it's the aspie's fault as I'm betting anyone who is not a child that is into this kind of stuff more likely an aspie than not.

ngonz
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 Feb 2009, 8:24 pm

I don't think I would take it. I have always wanted a life full of adventure and I think I got that with Asperger's. I have never done anything the easy way and have felt the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I am afraid that my life would be pretty dull as an NT.

www.neurointegrity.com

MizLiz
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 12:59 am

That would be like the worst drug trip ever. If they were pills that only lasted for about an hour, then I'd keep them around for when I need to "assimilate" (like when sensory burdens are going to be harsh or when I'm faced with a lot of people around me... really, holidays are perfect for the NT pill).

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 1:13 am

Quote:
What's wrong with looking fashionable and following trends if you're having fun? Stop being elitist for nothing.
There's nothing wrong with it... unless it's not who you are. Unless, to become that way, you'd have to change your basic personality.

It's not elitist to be against having your personal brain messed with.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

robo37
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 12:57 pm

I'd take it, go to school and outtalk all my bullies with my newfound ability to speak properly.

Aspie1
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 3:13 pm

I'd save it for going out at night. During the day, I need my aspie analytical skills to fix computers at my job. But I'd take a full dose of NT pills before going to a club. Then when I'd get there, I'd use my newfound ability to talk to girls to pick up one (or two or more) of them for a really hot one-night stand.

KingdomOfRats
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 5:25 pm

just a thought,but why is it whenever this topic comes up 'if an NT pill exists....' it's treated very well,if a pro cure/pro choice user says the same sort of thing using stuff that is more likely to happen,they are not treated nicely for it and the idea of even the part cure [something to make all on spectrum high functioning] is rubbished,yet the 'NT pill' is discussed like it's more believable,am thought one of the complaints of the cure was it will never be able to change neurotype,an NT pill would be no different if that is true.

>>>help to keep bullying off our community,report it!

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 5:29 pm

ngonz wrote:
I don't think I would take it. I have always wanted a life full of adventure and I think I got that with Asperger's. I have never done anything the easy way and have felt the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. I am afraid that my life would be pretty dull as an NT.

I agree with you there

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 5:35 pm

I'm not sure what NT pill means. If I had the money I know what I would do. There was a show on television that had a huge cash prize, it might've been World's Biggest Loser. We were watching the last episode of the season with the announcement of the winner and I think the prize was $250,000 and I was talking about what I would do with the money.
If I had that money and some kind of psychological transplant, I would be destined to be the CEO of some mega coorporation. I would be at the very least, a millionare by now plus a major philanthropist because deep down inside I want to improve people's lives.
I would be so successful because I possess the intelligence and organizational/executive skills already. Others don't have confidence in my but that could change under the right circumstances. Either that or I could become an ascetic mystic.

pint
Butterfly
Butterfly

23 Feb 2009, 5:39 pm

if the NT pill just turns on the perception of feelings in others, sure i would take it. more information is always good.

if it means my entire life of learning and thinking and analysing will go away, then to hell with that pill. it is the blue pill. it is heroin.

i prefer knowledge over happiness!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

23 Feb 2009, 6:02 pm

I'd s**t on it.