Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

eristocrat
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Mar 2009, 11:21 pm

For me it's like socio-emotional arthritis. I can deal with the outside world but I'm stiff and have to have a lie down afterwards.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 12:11 pm

It's something I could do without, because it makes everything in life a problem for me.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 2:12 pm

warface wrote:
It is what it is.

(It's not who I am)

This.

I define it as a dis[ability], in that I'm abled and disabled all at once.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 8:08 pm

For me its:

1) An extreme lonelyness coupled with a hatred of being around people
2) A memory full of holes and an inability to hold information with an extreme forgetfullness
3) A clumsiness that keeps me from driving and causes frequent accidents
4) My pain threshold is scarry high I can ignore most pain which leads to worse injuries
5) I attract as*holes and the insane like flies to honey
6) I impulsively collect data on several subjects I spend hours a day searching the net for it
7) I talk non-stop about stuff people find unintresting or wants to hear
8) I notice people making faces and eye movements when I talk to them when others are also in the room and I have no clue what is going on between them
9) The more someone likes me the more of an as*hole I become to them.
10) and the list goes on and on

In short it sucks to have AS and I truely wish to be cured of it or at least pass my "gift" to someone more deserving of it like george bush or some other rich as*hole.

jmnixon95
Veteran
Veteran

15 Sep 2010, 8:13 pm

Orwell wrote:
Whatsherhame wrote:
Callista wrote:
buryuntime wrote:
zghost wrote:
It's just who I am. It just is.

QFT

hartzofspace
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

15 Sep 2010, 8:18 pm

Todesking wrote:
For me its:
1) An extreme lonelyness coupled with a hatred of being around people

Ditto!
Todesking wrote:
5) I attract as*holes and the insane like flies to honey

Ditto again!
Todesking wrote:
6) I impulsively collect data on several subjects I spend hours a day searching the net for it

Me too.
Todesking wrote:
8) I notice people making faces and eye movements when I talk to them when others are also in the room and I have no clue what is going on between them

This especially rates high on the frustration scale, for myself.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

15 Sep 2010, 8:29 pm

I wouldn't be me without it.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

16 Sep 2010, 7:00 am

Todesking wrote:

In short it sucks to have AS and I truely wish to be cured of it or at least pass my "gift" to someone more deserving of it like george bush or some other rich as*hole.

Me too - AS completely sucks, especially when you're not intelligent either, like me. I'm as thick as two planks (except at spelling), and I'm afraid of people. How can one get on in life being afraid of people, change and noise, and not even knowing how to add 2 and 2?

I am a complete mistake. Nothing good has come out of my AS - it's just made me into one hell of a problem and a burden for all my family, and I want to be cured RIGHT NOW.