Emotional Intelligence test - Question

Page 1 of 3 [ 45 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 2:43 pm

[quote="Scientist"]4. The EIQ (Emotional Intelligence Quotient) Test (Full Version; queendom.com).
This is the most comprehensive and most accurate online emotional intelligence test.
Take the EIQ test

Why are there two figures for the results? Can anyone explain please?

Snapshot Report Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 70
Subscale percentile = 2

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It's hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Do the above results mean I have the emotional comprehension of a cabbage? :?

It is many years since I did an ordinary intelligence test (I did a Mensa one and scored 150) and I normally do well over average in various other (intelligence type) tests. This is the lowest score I've ever had in any type of test! :(

My wife confirms I have the emotional understanding of a goldfish. :(

I'd better not try to give anyone any emotional advice in the Haven or Members forums then! :lol:

- Still I'd still like to know what the two different numbers mean? Anyone?

TheMysteriousOne
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2010, 3:45 pm

The score (70) tells you what you actually made whereas the percentile (2) tells you where you rank in regards to other people. In your case, the 2 means you rank in the lowest 2 percentile (lowest 2%) for emotional intelligence which is why your verbal analysis says what it does.

ilivinamushroom
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2010, 3:45 pm

that was a long test 106 questions, I didn't feel a lot of the answer options fit what I perceived so I chose what I believed was the right answer apparently this is why I have problems.

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 73
Subscale percentile = 4

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It's hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 4:26 pm

ilivinamushroom wrote:
that was a long test 106 questions, I didn't feel a lot of the answer options fit what I perceived so I chose what I believed was the right answer apparently this is why I have problems.

Ditto with some of the questions. I found those asking how you would advise someone in particular situations extremely difficult.

I knew I had problems understanding some people but I never realised my emotional intelligence was so bad. The associated text is frighteningly accurate. Maybe this explains why when my wife (or anyone) throws an emotional outburst or cries that I have absolutely no idea what to say or do. It is like I've been hit in the face with a kipper. :shrug:

Livia
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Jan 2010, 4:27 pm

Admittedly, I did get a bit bored, but that was still a lot lower than I expected.

Subscale IQ score = 55
Subscale percentile = 0.13

It's rather funny actually. I'm not very intelligent according to this. Lowest score in my entire life.

jamesongerbil
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 4:35 pm

Subscale IQ score = 55
Subscale percentile = 0.13

ouch. that is rather surprising, but ok, w/e.

now, on to your question. the subscale IQ score refers to your score on the entire exam however it was calculated. unfortunately, i don't know how it was calculated, because i'd like to know. it would be interesting. your percentile refers to you relative to everyone else in terms of percentage. For example, my iq is shfifty five. (my iq that puts me on the extreme low end of the bell curve. the bell curve is a measure of everyone, and most people score in the middle. (i don't know how much of this you know. i'm not trying to insult your intelligence. :) ) now, my percentile was .13. 99.87 people are more emotionally intelligent than me. pwned, haha.

edit: i guess subscales are scales divided. for iq statistics, the standard dev is always 15, i think.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 5:15 pm

^ Thanks. So my subscale percentile of 2% means that if I was amongst a group of 50 average people I typically have the lowest emotional intelligence of any of them. Quite depressing really. I'm normally the sort of person at the top end of tests - a straight A's guy. Oh well. Can't win 'em all. :lol:

thedaywalker
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 5:37 pm

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 116
Subscale percentile = 86

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is acceptable but could still use some improvement. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It's easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

ImNotOk
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2010, 5:45 pm

Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 100
Subscale percentile = 53

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 7:09 pm

thedaywalker wrote:
Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 116
Subscale percentile = 86

That sounds very high for an Aspie? I assumed Aspies would tend to have lower than average emotional intelligence level than average. :?

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 7:20 pm

Mine is 69 and my percentile is 2%.
I thought I'd get 80-something but it turns out I'm more emotionally spazzed than I though I was, siiiigh :lol:

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 7:35 pm

I got into the pictures part of that test and got just as overloaded as if I had been right there trying to figure out what was going on ... so I just walked away.

TallyMan
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 7:41 pm

leejosepho wrote:
I got into the pictures part of that test and got just as overloaded as if I had been right there trying to figure out what was going on ... so I just walked away.

I kept forgetting their names so had to scroll back up again to find out who they were talking about. I didn't find that part as difficult as the following one though where they wanted you to tick which advice you would give people in various predicaments. Based on my result I'm never going to give anyone any personal advice ever again! :lol:

I'm disappointed you didn't finish the test though. It is fun to compare - even though I've got the emotional skills of a tin of beans.

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

01 Jan 2010, 7:54 pm

TallyMan wrote:
I'm disappointed you didn't finish the test though. It is fun to compare - even though I've got the emotional skills of a tin of beans.

I will try again in the morning when I am fresh and after my second cup of coffee ...!

iniudan
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

01 Jan 2010, 8:45 pm

Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 69
Subscale percentile = 2

leejosepho
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 9:41 am

Whew. Mental overload!

Subscale IQ score = 75
Subscale percentile = 5

Then I found this farther down on the report page:

You scored 70 on the Emotional Insight into Self subscale.