Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

NutcrackerPrincess
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

04 Nov 2012, 1:08 am

Sometimes when I'm frustrated, I press my forehead with both of my hands.
For example if I'm supposed to be doing an online assignment and the computer is slow or making it difficult... I put both my hands on my entire face, breathe in really hard, and grit my teeth really hard and rub my face hard. I don't do it as much in public, but any of you guys do that? Is it an Asperger/Autism thing? Or is it just me?

I do have Aspergers by the way...and I know that everyone gets frustrated sometimes...but I'm wondering if that specific movement of putting your hands on your face or sides of your head in frustration is a typical thing that people with Aspergers or Autism do.

Radiofixr
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2012, 11:09 am

I do some of those things too and if I get real frustrated I hit my head with both heels of my palm or hit my head into the wall-it sometimes gets very frustrating for me.

windtreeman
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Nov 2012, 1:35 pm

Nothing angers me faster than a slowly loading computer or a printer that won't print so I definitely know that feeling. I think my reactions to that frustration kind of cycle between a few things that I get attached to every couple of months and I'm sure I've reacted in the past in a similar manner. Lately, it's been slamming my head back into the computer chair which I'd seriously recommend against because it's a guaranteed headache if your computer is as slow as mine.