Since Garyww likes to post threads directed at me...

Page 2 of 3 [ 46 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 10:44 pm

Liresse wrote:
Maybe TS is going through a mild psychotic episode?

I hope that it's something less debilitating, like low blood sugar or too much caffeine.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 11:00 pm

well i must admit, i also find the undiagnosed preppies a little problematic. sure they can post here and it's an open site, so there you go.

i have lived my entire 46 years of life with what is currently flavour of the month in australia - and when people come on WP and purport to be autistic or AS - i get frustrated. it's like "f**k off will you? when was the last time you had a meltdown in public or stim so much when you are out of your normal routine that people look at you like you are a freak?"

Perhaps the way i feel about this stuff is not very compassionate, but that is how i honestly feel.

Now in saying that, i understand everyone has a right to be here.

But the whole "emo - i am aspie" scene and movement gives me the s**ts.
like it's cool and mummy and daddy pay for the computer and the net and college fees and the car and there are the parties and the social whirl of living a normal life. And then, someone has a minor bout of depression or gets a bit down and suddenly they have AS. it's all AS.

Time is the great sorter of truths.

in saying that, i do not know who is diagnosed or undiagnosed here.

and garyww's just evil. we're all used to that. eh gary? :)

lovecholie
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2009, 11:03 pm

I won't lie, I thought garyw directed his posts at me on a few occasions. Shouldn't he know better than to insinuate that people with Asperger's have holier-than-thou attitudes or that they don't in fact have any symptoms at all because on the surface (screen) they don't appear to be HFA or AS?

Doesn't he know that we're generally paranoid people?

And one of the most frustrating things I've had to deal with my whole life is people testing me to see if I'm not bullshitting them. It's exhausting. Just because some people haven't had parents who were concerned about their development, doesn't make them any less stressed or plagued with their tendencies.

I've tried to avoid proving my AS to others but apparently there is yet another disconnect. To me, that's really sad.

Last edited by lovecholie on 12 Mar 2009, 11:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MissConstrue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Mar 2009, 11:06 pm

Are YOU calling me PARANOID???

How dare you!! !

Kidding. :P

lovecholie
Raven
Raven

12 Mar 2009, 11:08 pm

Stop it! I believed you for a second and worried. :lol:

(FYI: I've posted threads and not kept up with it, but I read them on a daily basis. I just didn't have anything else to add. Or didn't feel up to putting anything I felt into concrete ideas, let alone words. Simple as that. But I enjoyed the responses.

And millie: The last time was today, and the day before yesterday. Every other day, usually.)

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 12:29 am

I posted this in another thread tonight becasue the theme was similar to this thread, in fact I think it was just another thread by the same OP but I can't remember for sure. Anyway:

"Sometimes people on the spectrum appear to be rather harsh on others because autistics in general are pretty thick skinned and insults or ridicule really don't bother us very much so we aren't aware of how sensitive and emotional normal people can be".

Some of us, especially some of us like myself who are further to one side of the spectrum, with a low IQ and little education or social integration, can appear to be very cruel, aloof and indifferent to the emotions, suffering, verbalizations, writings or other types of social communication that comes from normal people so one must understand that we communicate differently because we can't understand other peoples emotions, motives or even their everyday communication. This is seldom a problem on sites like this when we are communicating between ourselves but it can cause problems when we try to make ourselves understood to NT's or other high functioning types of people who have no social or communication deficincies.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 1:17 am

I've never once found garyww's posts offensive. in all honesty. not once.

maybe that means i am equally bent or sane...depending on the diagnostic criteria used to evaluate me.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 4:40 am

I'm sure garyww's posts are terribly rude, offensive and attacking of members, especially the OP. The reason I never saw such a thing in garyww's posts and they seem perfectly OK to me is that I have NLD and miss all the cues.

(note: that was me trying to be funny)

timeisdead
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 4:57 am

Deleted

Last edited by timeisdead on 13 Mar 2009, 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 5:45 am

I was expecting more from an evil garyww thread.

He asks how many people here are AS or Autistic? From the reaction he is a Super Evil person, or people cannot read a simple question.

I think Super Evil, he takes shots at people months before they join, and some I think, before they were born.

spudnik
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 6:15 am

I think Gary should mind his own business regarding other peoples diagnoses, he seems to think having
AS gives him the right to call members idiots for being here on WP, he should shut both sets of lips. I don't
think gary is evil, only a pedantic twat who talks way too much.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 6:25 am

Wow. I had no idea that this targeting-others-with-suggestive-threads was going on. Now I'm going to be even more paranoid.

In any case, I think that the OP is displaying signs of having both a self-centeredness issue and social insecurity.

Not to say that any threads are or are not directed at the OP, but he shouldn't be fixated on it, because even if true it doesn't matter. The fact that he does think it matters is the self-centeredness and insecurity.

ephemerella
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 6:33 am

Inventor wrote:
I was expecting more from an evil garyww thread. ...

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 7:21 am

Maybe the OP would feel better if there really WAS a thread directed at him.... :albino:

I am sorry....I am hungover...my impulse to say that makes me feel evil... :roll:

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 7:40 am

I'm just autistic and have zero theory of mind and zero executive function so I miss all of the clues and have absolutely no social graces at all but hey, who's perfect? It appears as if I can read minds and influence actions at distances over time and space and see into the future according to some people.

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

13 Mar 2009, 7:51 am

The internet has evolved us all into super-humans complete with time travel and everything...