Page 1 of 3 [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Which of these best describes you?
I am very over cautious when it comes to parting ways with my money. 47%  47%  [ 28 ]
I am no different from what you would reasonably expect. 18%  18%  [ 11 ]
I just part ways with my wealth with no concern. 35%  35%  [ 21 ]
Total votes : 60

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 9:53 am

I am just wondering how others out there spend their money, not necessarily cash. Are you a spendaholic or are you more miserly than most? Do you think twice before commiting to buying something or do you just buy things without thinking of the consequences?

whitetiger
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 9:56 am

I make out a careful, thorough budget every month and intend to stick with it, but then I seem to just buy things with no concern. I'm continually working on this. Following my budget is tough!

http://www.youtube.com/user/whitetigerdream

Don't take life so seriously. It isn't permanent!

i_wanna_blue
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 12:43 pm

Hnmm, over 100 views only 1 reply. I guess people rather keep this info to themselves. :silent:

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 12:44 pm

How do I spend my money?

Very carefully.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 12:49 pm

I can be miserly when it comes to household expenses, especially if there's something else that I want badly. Like adding to my house-cluttering collections of books, pipes, music, comics, Batman and Superman memorabilia and now exotic tattooing equipment. I see people on television bragging about how they can eat on a dollar a day and think: 'If I didn't do that, I wouldn't have any money for new toys.'

gemstone123
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 12:51 pm

I much prefer to save my money so I think before I buy or spend. Although I will spend it. :twisted:

Filip
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 Mar 2009, 12:55 pm

I think I'm slightly miserly. It can take ages before I can decide to buy something or not. I find it very difficult to spend money on things that you in fact don't need. And it can take also months before I can make my mind up that I do need new shoes, jeans, etc. But then again, spending money on books or television series on DVD (kind of special intrest of mine) I must sometimes say to myself that enough is enough :lol:

DeLoreanDude
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 12:58 pm

Lets put it this way: I had £350 in my back account once, then later it was replaced by a mobile phone :P

All my money goes into my gadgets, computers, games, etc.

Sora
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 1:17 pm

Depends on how much cash I have.

I have both been fairly rich and fairly poor in my life so far.

If it's a lot I happen to spent over a 100 Euro on stuff spontaneously. Don't know how that happens, but woah, I want that and this and that too...

If it don't have a lot I feel I can't part with 2 Euro to please my grumbling stomach when accompanying friends on as shopping spree.

capriwim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2009, 1:56 pm

I spend money carefully, for the following reasons:

1. I don't earn much money
2. I find it cluttering and overwhelming to buy more than I need.
3. I don't need much to keep me happy.

So I buy basics. My money goes on food and bills, and the occasional planned bigger purchase, like an iPod. I could earn more money and then afford more, but I prefer to work fewer hours. Time to myself is far more precious to me than money.

SpongeBobRocksMao
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 2:00 pm

I'm too young to fully understand money, I just spend it on what I want.

SpongeBobRocksMao!

protest_the_hero
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 3:21 pm

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:
I have too much allowance/birthday/christman/random jobs money to spend. I don't try and save.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 3:31 pm

Many of us look on money as just being 'fuel'. Think of it as stoking a steam boiler. It meas nothing in itself as it is just a means to some other more important objective.

-Vorzac-
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

26 Mar 2009, 3:50 pm

I spend it all on DVDs books and food. the joy of living with a parent is that you don't have to pay ALL the bills, even if you do put money towards it. I'm not sure with my irresponsibility how I would survive on my own, even on benefits.

sketches
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

26 Mar 2009, 4:11 pm

SpongeBobRocksMao wrote:

Ditto, although I am careful about what I want. I prefer to use it on what I need -- the basics like food, electricity/gas/water, toiletries, specific furniture, and I chose carefully when buying my top-of-the-line Macintosh laptop, but when I sincerely feel that I have "extra" money to spend, I go about buying video games, services, and things like jewelry or certain hair products.

To be completely honest, I'm ALL about convenience and minimizing responsibility. Just last year, I bought glasses for myself because I figured they would be less costly for maintenance, and less time efficient and less work than with glasses. I also take advantage of almost anything free. I work hard for things I want.

My money is important to me, and so is the economy. I am very careful about spending. I reject donations. I'm probably too selfish for the norm, but money is personal! How many lenders are there out here? Do you trust others with your money?

xalepax
Veteran
Veteran

26 Mar 2009, 4:23 pm

I have hard to put importance of money. I think I should care a bit more about money though. My council owe me some thousands they told in december and I didnt notice it by then and they was so surprised I didnt react on it. Now I still havent got that money and I always forget to ask them about it...

And I have lost even more thousands on things I could save massive amounts of money if I just put some effort in it. Things like claiming insurance for a screwed up trip once where I had to buy a new flightticket for example. I have AS and I cant just deal with such kind of stuff. There is many such examples. I guess I then prefer to loose money....

But that money that manage to pass on to me Im very careful about. I only buy what exactly I need and still do it spare. Very rarely I add "something extra"
If Im very eager to get something expensive Im very good on saving money for it.

We have no debts at all and Im so happy about this fact. If we dont have afford something then we wont buy, simple.