I am an "indigo child" (Try and prove me wrong!)

Page 2 of 7 [ 98 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

dusekbr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

28 Mar 2009, 7:44 pm

There are correlations with "indogism", ADD/ADHD, and Asperger's...

The rest of the science is complex genetics.

I'm far from attempting to say I'm better than anyone, but I am only seeking to "get even" because I have been oppressed.

McTell
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 7:55 pm

I hope this doesn't sound like blunt rudeness, but - where is this science? You cannot simply answer the question "What is scientific about it" by claiming correlations and saying "Genetics."

A link would be quite nice, and certainly appreciated, if you know of any information on the internet that is weightily backed by science.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 8:07 pm

Quote:
CanyonWind wrote:
dusekbr wrote:
The student became the teacher when I "self-indogized."

You were eaten by a dog?

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(runs to bathroom to wash face as coffee is spluttered all over cheeks, neck and t.shirt.)

millie
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 8:19 pm

Quote:
Inventor wrote:
It means your parents were of the blue jean class.

But Inventor...we don't want to give blue jeans a bad name.

:lol:

silentbob15
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 8:28 pm

haha eaten by doggies and possibly has squibbles living in that empty space behind that blank stare.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 9:23 pm

dusekbr wrote:
I am an "indigo child"

Evidence, Please?

Established rules of evidence must be strictly adhered to. Written testimony must be the original document and must be dated and signed by the author, and preferably notarized or otherwise witnessed and attested to. Physical evidence must include documentation establishing chain of custody. Any evidence not meeting these criteria shall be deemed invalid, and thus inadmissable.

The burden of proof lies squarely upon the person making the positive claim - that's you, Dusekbr. So pony up your affidavits or admit that your claim of being an "Indigo Child" is invalid.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

AnnieK
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Mar 2009, 10:36 pm

dusekbr wrote:
Callista wrote:
The criteria are too vague, and could roughly fit the majority of human beings, much like horoscopes. Unconventional people have been around since humans started recording history and most likely long before that. Next stage--no. It's not even a valid category. Recommend stopping with the mystical stuff and saying "I'm one of the unconventional people who come up with new ideas."

I agree, but I think we can narrow down the criteria.. There really isn't much of a criteria currently. I hypothesize that no "indigo" children aren't autistic and the criteria will direct them to their proper place.

As far as I know there is no criteria. The bleeding edge research suggests we may possibly have 2 extra chromosomes or have a more "activated" DNA.

Ah, so, "indigos" are orangutans (48 chromosomes)?

That explains a lot.

AnnieK
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 Mar 2009, 10:42 pm

dusekbr wrote:
There are correlations with "indogism", ADD/ADHD, and Asperger's...

The rest of the science is complex genetics.

I'm far from attempting to say I'm better than anyone, but I am only seeking to "get even" because I have been oppressed.

"Help! I'm being oppressed!"

I didn't think the word "oppressed" could be even more degraded in meaning than it currently is until I saw your post.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 11:19 pm

At least in theory, if you are a 20-something male with blond hair, blue eyes and an IQ of 130 you should pretty much inherently have a leg up on 99%+ of the world's population, for a multitude of logistical, cultural and social reasons. I know that is an oversimplification, but it's anthropology 101.

If you need to attach a label to yourself such as "indigo" (this discussion was the first I ever heard of that), in light of the above reasons that just sounds like massive insecurity to me, whether it's "true" or not, but whatever, that's your prerogative, and more power to you.

No one can "prove" you wrong, nor can you "prove" yourself correct, in a scenario/discussion in which scientific "proof", at present, does not exist. I don't understand the uproar here, if it makes you feel good to be "indigo", you can be whatever you like if you believe in it enough. Once again, that's your deal, not ours.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

28 Mar 2009, 11:37 pm

dusekbr wrote:
As far as I know there is no criteria. The bleeding edge research suggests we may possibly have 2 extra chromosomes or have a more "activated" DNA.

Do you have any idea how very easy it is to check for extra chromosomes? It is well within the limits of even the most pedestrian legitimate biological research.
Quote:

Do the majority of human beings experience synthetically? Ie.. seeing sound, feeling mechanical motion?

No, and neither do the majority of autistic people, and of course some non-autistic people do.

kittenmeow
Toucan
Toucan

28 Mar 2009, 11:54 pm

Welcome. You're a feisty spirit too.
I don't feel any need to ambush you.

However, for some reason I just had a vague memory about a movie from the 80's called Children of the corn. I don't remember movies in great detail but I think it was the blonde hair and blue eyes that made me remember pieces of the film.

Maybe it was another movie.

AnnieK
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Mar 2009, 12:08 am

pandd wrote:
dusekbr wrote:

Do you have any idea how very easy it is to check for extra chromosomes? It is well within the limits of even the most pedestrian legitimate biological research.
Quote:

Do the majority of human beings experience synthetically? Ie.. seeing sound, feeling mechanical motion?

No, and neither do the majority of autistic people, and of course some non-autistic people do.

There's also the fact that in the cases I've seen, having extra chromosomes is harmful. Most of the time having extra chromosomes results in a non-viable fetus. There are some cases where the fetus can survive but not without consequences for the development for the fetus - Downs Syndrome is the most widely known example.

If there was a case of a group of people with extra chromosomes that not only do not result in mental retardation but actually benefit the individuals, scientists would be jumping over it with visions of Nobel Prizes. And as you point out, it is hardly difficult to test.

Also, as I pointed out having *more* chromosomes doesn't necessarily mean you are more intelligent or talented. Orangutans and the tobacco plant have more chromosomes than humans. Still, it is expected of people with little understanding of science but try to co-opt buzz words from science in order to provide some sort of basis for tricking people.

Looking at the supposed "traits" of indigo children:

1. They come into the world with a feeling of royalty (and often act like it).
2. They have a feeling of "deserving to be here," and are surprised when others don't share that.
3. Self-worth is not a big issue. They often tell the parents "who they are."
4. They have difficulty with absolute authority (authority without explanation or choice).
5. They simply will not do certain things; for example, waiting in line is difficult for them.
6. They get frustrated with systems that are ritual-oriented and don't require creative thought.
7. They often see better ways of doing things, both at home and in school, which makes them seem like "system busters" (nonconforming to any system).
8. They seem antisocial unless they are with their own kind. If there are no others of like consciousness around them, they often turn inward, feeling like no other human understands them. School is often extremely difficult for them socially.
9. They will not respond to "guilt" discipline ("Wait till your father gets home and finds out what you did").
10. They are not shy in letting you know what they need.

Not only are they amazingly vague as others have pointed out, there is already another name for children who consistently display this sort of behavior - spoiled brats who think they are special and better than everyone else and need to learn a harsh dose of reality. Academics forced to teach them label them "precious precious little snowflakes" who think they are oh, so more special than everyone else. The traditional Chinese view would say they have been "nurtured badly" and "it's all the parents fault". Why does one need to invent new labels to describe something that already has a million and one appropriate names?

Hey, you know, this list of characteristics could apply very well to the "Masters of the Universe" who brought the downfall of the world financial system. I guess we've just found our indigo children (grown up)!

Another thing I'd like to point out is that if these so-called indigos are supposed to be more "spiritually enlightened" they sure the hell got those list of characteristics wrong. Throughout the millennia great spiritual leaders have promoted humility as one of great virtues - Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed, Gandhi, not arrogance and that list is all arrogance. Also the great spiritual leaders promote the universality of their beliefs to encompass all of mankind not confine it to some special subset. Also the great spiritual leaders had enormous charisma and social skills.

Last edited by AnnieK on 29 Mar 2009, 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

29 Mar 2009, 12:24 am

when i first heard about "indigo children", i thought they were using a "prettier" term to refer to "blue babies"

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

29 Mar 2009, 12:36 am

I think theres a relation to mental disorders and "indigo childern". Indigos are basically psychics. I Have a lot of indigo traits but dont have blue eyes, and my aura is usually green. I have profitic dreams and other psychic abilities too. I think that people who have mental "disorders" have areas of streangths in other areas than where they have things that they have a hard time with and for many of us its psychic abilities.

AnnieK
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

29 Mar 2009, 12:50 am

Another thing is apparently the guy who wrote the original book on indigo children claimed that he was channeling an alien being called "Kyron" who told him all this.

Seriously speaking I wouldn't have that much trouble with this if its believers just admit that it's a bloody religion and stop trying to (falsely) claim science "proves" their claims.

People can believe whatever wacked out beliefs they want to believe. Just don't co-opt science into it!

dusekbr
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

29 Mar 2009, 1:03 am

I assumed WP would be a little more open minded to this, but you guys just might be even denser than the majority of NTs.

Go to mininova.org and search "Indigo Evolution" - Not much science in there, but plenty of emotional appeal for you drama queens.

As I have reached and passed self-actualization I'm able to process your "theory of mind." When and if you reach this stage you will as well. It is humorous to me when someone accuses me of "gloating" despite I am clearly not. It is most humorous because the only reason they assume I would do have this behavior is because it is the behavior they would likely assume. Keep sticking around this thread and you'll learn more applied psychology.

Since you are all too lazy to even go to google and search yourselves; I will just post some tid-bits here since you your too lazy/incapable of processing all the information in a short period of time (until proven otherwise.)

All quotes from wikipedia..

Quote:
In the New Age movement, indigo children are children who are believed to represent a higher state of human evolution. The term itself is a reference to the belief that such children have an indigo-colored aura.[1] Beliefs concerning the exact nature of indigo children vary, with some believing that they have paranormal abilities such as the ability to read minds, and others that they are distinguished from non-indigo children merely by more conventional traits such as increased empathy and creativity.

There is no scientific support for these claims.[2]

Some alleged indigo children exhibit precocious cognitive development and are almost certainly intellectually gifted; i.e., they have high IQs and superior general intelligence. The intellectually gifted often display unusual sensitivity, empathy, precocious moral sensibility, as well as greater-than-normal body symmetry. To a person unfamiliar with gifted children, or to an adherent of New Age principles, a child expressing these traits might appear to have paranormal abilities, or possibly a higher level of evolutionary development.

Quote:
According to Nancy Ann Tappe, indigo children are here to build the bridge to the future and show us tomorrow[10]. They are hypersensitives who are highly empathic and intuitive by nature. They can detect, or are in tune with, the thoughts and feelings of others. They are also highly introspective and thus are very self-aware and have a clear sense of self-definition. They are often filled with a strong sense of purpose and the feeling that they need to make a significant difference in the world.

According to Tappe, they are strong-willed, independent thinkers who prefer to be self-guided rather than directed by others. They tend to think outside the box, brilliant and love working with the challenges of mechanics. Computers often are their favorite toys and learning tools. Parents of these children must guide them, not teach them.

The Indigo has four distinct personality patterns. Tappe's definition of these patterns are 1)The Artist, 2)The Conceptualist, 3)The Humanist, 4) The Catalyst.[[1]].

Movement is required to keep them better focused.

Quote:
Psychologist Russell Barkley has said the New Age movement has yet to produce empirical evidence of the existence of indigo children, and that the 25 traits most commonly attributed to them, he believes, are so vague that they could describe "most of the people most of the time" and were reminiscent of the Forer effect. Barkley also expressed concern that labeling a disruptive child an "indigo" may delay proper diagnosis and treatment that may help the child.[17][18] Others have advised that many of the traits of Indigo children could be more prosaically interpreted as simple arrogance and selfish individualism, which parents with certain New Age beliefs may misperceive.

Quote:

Those are just a few of the traits that supposedly make these beings unique and superior to the rest of humanity. But wait, some of these things sound familiar. Could it be that psychologists have already identified such a condition? The traits of Indigo Children and Starseeds (I will use the term "Indigo" for both from this point on for sake of simplicity) sound a lot like symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome.

Asperger's Syndrome is a an autism spectrum disorder. People with this disorder ("aspies") show difficulties in social interaction and may have problems with sensory integration. Generally, aspies feel different from others, as they have difficulty relating to other people. They also tend to be extremely sensitive to sensory stimuli, such as light, temperature, and sound. Aspies also tend to have narrowly focused obsessions or interests (which could include space or spiritual matters). Frequently, especially before Asperger's Syndrome was well know, children with the disorder are diagnosed with ADHD.

It seems as though parents who push the Indigo theory are either uneducated, or simply do not want to admit that there may be something "wrong" with their child. These parents want so much to have a child that is "special" and "better" than other children that they are willing to believe even the most illogical of ideas. Perhaps admitting that their child is somehow "damaged" makes them feel like failures as parents. The same goes for people who discovered this theory on their own, and would rather believe that they are some metaphysical super-being than to have something wrong with them. Whatever the reasoning behind it, these kinds of beliefs do more harm than good.

Having a child with special needs does not intrinsically make you a bad parent, but neglecting the needs of your child while instead pushing some fantasy world on them does. Children need support and guidance, not some fable about why they are different and better than everyone else. The Indigo theory allows parents to ignore the real cause of their child's behavior, and rids them of the responsibility of getting treatment for their child. The Indigo theory is as irresponsible as it is illogical.

Parents who have children who display these traits need to have their child evaluated by a professional. If a child does have Asperger's or autism, they need to get the proper care and treatment. Having AS or autism doesn't mean that they are "damaged," it simply means that they are different. But, they are not interdimensional beings or aliens. Accept your child for who they are, without trying to raise them to super-human standards. They are simply human beings like everyone else. If you let a child believe that they are an alien or some other such nonsense, and they don't grow out of it by time they reach adulthood, they will stand no chance of being able to function in the real world.
Quote:

McTell wrote:
I hope this doesn't sound like blunt rudeness, but - where is this science? You cannot simply answer the question "What is scientific about it" by claiming correlations and saying "Genetics."

A link would be quite nice, and certainly appreciated, if you know of any information on the internet that is weightily backed by science.

I got some for you in a just a second here =)

AnnieK wrote:
Ah, so, "indigos" are orangutans (48 chromosomes)?

That explains a lot.

http://content.nejm.org/cgi/content/full/NEJMoa075974

http://www.childrenshospital.org/clinic ... 925P9.html

Your lame attack effects me not, but you did just insult anyone and everyone autistic.

amazon_television wrote:
If you need to attach a label to yourself such as "indigo" (this discussion was the first I ever heard of that), in light of the above reasons that just sounds like massive insecurity to me, whether it's "true" or not, but whatever, that's your prerogative, and more power to you.

No one can "prove" you wrong, nor can you "prove" yourself correct, in a scenario/discussion in which scientific "proof", at present, does not exist. I don't understand the uproar here, if it makes you feel good to be "indigo", you can be whatever you like if you believe in it enough. Once again, that's your deal, not ours.

I believe your intentions to be good, but hear me out.

Why do I feel the need to attach a label? Why do people call themselves Aspies? Why do you feel the need to label you what you ARE. You feel its a massive security because your not even on the same level of Marlow's hierarchy of needs.

From wikipedia..
Quote:
Near the end of his life Maslow revealed that there was a level on the hierarchy that was above self-actualization: self-transcendence[7]. "[Transcenders] may be said to be much more often aware of the realm of Being (B-realm and B-cognition), to be living at the level of Being… to have unitive consciousness and “plateau experience” (serene and contemplative B-cognitions rather than climactic ones) … and to have or to have had peak experience (mystic, sacral, ecstatic) with illuminations or insights. Analysis of reality or cognitions which changed their view of the world and of themselves, perhaps occasionally, perhaps as a usual thing."[8]
- AKA "SELF-INDIGOIZATION."

pandd wrote:
Do you have any idea how very easy it is to check for extra chromosomes? It is well within the limits of even the most pedestrian legitimate biological research

I'll get the test done in the near future.

I have been experiencing synthesia my entire life, but I've never been aware. How do you know what someone else's pain feels like? How do you know that you and I see the "same" blue? We have different sense, but we just learn to be constant with labeling them the same. I was tried to fathom that as a small child and to this day I meet intelligent people who often seem to be trapped in the box.
kittenmeow wrote:
Welcome. You're a feisty spirit too.
I don't feel any need to ambush you.

However, for some reason I just had a vague memory about a movie from the 80's called Children of the corn. I don't remember movies in great detail but I think it was the blonde hair and blue eyes that made me remember pieces of the film.

Maybe it was another movie.

Native Americans refer to "indigo children" as "children of the sun."

AnnieK wrote:
Also, as I pointed out having *more* chromosomes doesn't necessarily mean you are more intelligent or talented. Orangutans and the tobacco plant have more chromosomes than humans. Still, it is expected of people with little understanding of science but try to co-opt buzz words from science in order to provide some sort of basis for tricking people.

I never said otherwise. I don't even bother reading anything you write so a more efficient use of your time would be to close this tab.

carltcwc wrote:
I think theres a relation to mental disorders and "indigo childern". Indigos are basically psychics. I Have a lot of indigo traits but dont have blue eyes, and my aura is usually green. I have profitic dreams and other psychic abilities too. I think that people who have mental "disorders" have areas of streangths in other areas than where they have things that they have a hard time with and for many of us its psychic abilities.

It's not magic, it's science.