AS, the condition and the story behind the succes.

Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2009, 5:59 pm

Is AS really just made-up by some ass-hat? Some drunken doctor that had nothing better to do with his time?

Wait, what is AS, guys? [ deadly silence ] Guys......what is it? I mean for real? Anyone?

SSRI, it will always help you feel better, so never stop taking them. The thing is, unlike other similar drugs, like cocaine, anti-depressants dosent damage the brain in any way. Also, the pleasant effects of the SRRI drugs will never stop! Even if your brain is totally f****d up from them and your neurons in your brain is totally f****d over from all the stimulating SSRI, dont stop taking them!

Whats that? Medical companys recommends a maximum using time of 6 months? Come on, thats BS. All they wanna do is......uh, sell there product so.....just use them for a minimum of 2 years.

The SSRI is nice to your brain, everyone knows that they "correct an chemical INBALANCE in the brain". And there is no reason what so ever to doubt that information. They correct it, people......be reasonable now. You take it, the pill correct the brain, dont be stupid now.

The nice effects of SSRI only really lasts 2 weeks........its like amfhetamine, sorry spelling error. But DONT let that stop you from using SSRI:s all your adult life. Afterall, the best thing is to take a brain-stimulating(amfetamine-like) drug in the exact same dose everyday for as long as possible, uh, thats......everybody...knows that......whats best for you......so....

Yea, just tell me one thing.....what is AS? [silence, some f****r starts to cry, someone screms "AS is my life, please, I dont care what it is, its nothing, I just want to belong to something, another idiot prints the DSM guide and throws it on the dirty floor. Some tryes to debate sensory issues such as seing a moving skateboard.

sjamaan
Raven
Raven

12 Apr 2009, 6:02 pm

What are you smoking? Can I have some, too? :D

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2009, 6:07 pm

sjamaan wrote:
What are you smoking? Can I have some, too? :D

No, come on sir, just help yourself to some SSRI. Thats what´s really healthy for the brain, when everything is said and done.

Think about that chemical inbalance that you need to fix instead.

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 6:12 pm

Can you please explain your point of view in further detail ? Are you serious or are you joking ? Do you possess specific knowledge on SSRI and neurology ? I ask because the SSRI topic is often on my mind in this period, I've takem them for about 8 months 2 years ago, then quitted, they definitely helped in some ways but now I often find myself pondering about the possible damage they've done in terms of (loss) of identity, I still have them and I'm definitely ambivalent on their use.

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2009, 6:28 pm

Rainbow-Squirrel wrote:
Can you please explain your point of view in further detail ?

What is there to explain? SSRI drugs will damage your brain. It will break down certain or all elements of the brain.

Now, as with all poisons, its a game of numbers. The more you take, the worse you will suffer. However, the good news is that there is no such thing as a permanent brain damage.

The brain is f*****g obsessed with re-generating itself. It will repair any such damage, from drugs or whatever. Regenerating is the name of the game, seriously. Keep it in mind.

But if you have been off the drugs for 2 years........the bad effects of the drugs should be long gone, and the brain should be fully recovered. Do you feel fully recovered? You should feel recovered....

Rainbow-Squirrel
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 6:36 pm

Yeah, without SSRI I definitely feel more like myself, sometimes it feels like a certain degree of the emotional numbness I used to have during SSRI is still there, together with the reduced perception of danger, that distorted feeling that everything (people that hate you, horrible situation) is always ok, no matter how bad it actually is, anyway my intention is to never take them again.

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

12 Apr 2009, 6:54 pm

Rainbow-Squirrel wrote:
Sometimes it feels like a certain degree of the emotional numbness I used to have during SSRI is still there.

Well, from a neurological standpoint that should not be the case. Still, It´s sad if thats how you feel, but we are talking a pretty low dose of SSRI drugs here in your case, and SSRI is not extremly toxic, after all.

The brain will always strive to repair damage of any kind. Brain stimulating drugs, like SSRI or cocaine, do a damage different from metals for example. But its still altering or damaging the brain. It will go back to normal, or back to the original settings.....thats how it´s done.

SSRI will likley over-stimulate some area of the brain, creating some kind of brain-fatigue.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

12 Apr 2009, 8:09 pm

what are you talking about

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 8:15 pm

::Shrugs off the babble from the rubber room and::

walks on down the hall...

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 9:42 pm

I agree I feel damaged now. I took an SSRI for a while. It was a large dose. Now I just feel spacy and out of it a lot. I'm not on them any more.

Averick
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 9:43 pm

You know, you can still have an ASD without being on pharmies.
Think of all the naturalists out there.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

12 Apr 2009, 9:49 pm

Nice avatar pic. Oh and I'm not on SSRI's. Never have been.

Fo-Rum
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Apr 2009, 2:10 am

Who cares if AS is "real" or not? Who cares what it is, really?

You know what is real though? A set of characteristics by one person or another. That is not fake. If they have problems, they have problems! No "social construct" or other such BS babbled out by anti AS morons can deny that.

Most people have problems anyways, so what if some people have more than others, or less, and not always in the same areas either. Life isn't fair.

I guess bums aren't real. That is a social construct! No, people who live on the street choose to live on the street because they have thousands of options to fix that.

grain-and-field
Toucan
Toucan

13 Apr 2009, 3:20 am

Fo-Rum wrote:

You know what is real though? A set of characteristics by one person or another. That is not fake. If they have problems, they have problems!

Sure, I can buy that. If a person behaves in a certain way, they behave in a certain way. But then I wanna know why they behave like that. It´s so pointless to label them with AS for behaving in a certian way, then calling it a medical condition.....seriously......Why don´t just call them "troubled person" or whatever instead.

Under the current system, a person can have AS one day, but not the next. The only criteria to judge is someone has AS is the behavior of the person, and that is not a medical condition.

If you can´t say what it is, in any way, then it should just be called "A certain behavior, that is distinctive and often different from the rest of society, we don´t know why this person behaves in this way"

Also, is it to much to ask that some loser tryes to explain why people with AS behave the way they do?

Sure, you can just spottt the behavior and give the AS-diagnoises, but whats the point?

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 9:09 pm

grain-and-field, behavioral proxies are observable; they were noticed even when nothing was being looked for. That's the tip of the ice-berg in terms of what is going on. We certainly noticed virus caused illnesses before we could observe anything of their causes.

We do not find out anything about the less easily observed phenomena that are causing these behavioral indicators, if we simply call it "being troubled". That could be anything from having fatal cancer to gambling addiction; not a useful classification on which to set forth to discover causes and implications, and productive responses to these.

There is research indicating that there are other, less subjectively measured proxies that could possibly be universally applicable to individuals with the capacity to be tested. For some reason, sensory issues have been down played in people with Asperger type autism. I think is probably a mistake. When measures independent of subjective reporting have been used, people with Asperger type autism have been found to have sensory anomalies.

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2009, 10:11 pm

kids, this is why you don't eat pills you find on the floor, because you will come online and post crazy nonsense