Page 3 of 6 [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

RudolfsDad
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

22 Apr 2009, 3:49 pm

Not all NT care about what you wear. I don't even notice what people wear unless it's something REALLY unusual. You could wear the same outfit every day for a week and I probably wouldn't notice.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 3:54 pm

I usually just wear jeans and tshirts and hoodies. I like to be comfy and I'm not too keen on tight or revealing clothes, but I'm making myself more open minded and flexible because I'm having a bit of a style revamp (my millionth one my style is always chaning lol).

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 4:19 pm

RudolfsDad wrote:
Not all NT care about what you wear. I don't even notice what people wear unless it's something REALLY unusual. You could wear the same outfit every day for a week and I probably wouldn't notice.

If they're your close friends, they'll definitely notice. I don't really look at what other people around me wear, but I do pay attention to my friends' clothes, and never fail to notice if they happen to wear a same shirt two days in a row.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 10:19 pm

T shirts and jean shorts for me. A friend of mine was helping me put some things away and when she saw my shirts she said, "All your shirts have an animal on them." I never realised it before but she was right. As a little kid, it bothered my mom that I wasn't more feminine. She realised even in infancy that she was never going to have a daughter she could dress up in frilly outfits. All my shirts (even my painting shirts) have something to do with my special intrests. Lion King, Invader Zim, meerkats, animals... If I could find Titan A.E. T shirts I'd definitly wear them. I'd even starve myself to the point of death to be able to fit into them. I will sometimes wear a hoodie because my mom insists I wear something warmer. I sneak my bearded dragon into places pets aren't allowed into by hiding him in the front pocket and I was inspired by that little girl with the cow hoodie, I'm going to make a meerkat one.

cognito
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 10:29 pm

for me, its rather simple, I would prefer to go au natural, but since I can't, I just wear what is comfy.

pensieve
Veteran
Veteran

22 Apr 2009, 11:11 pm

MathGirl wrote:
RudolfsDad wrote:

If they're your close friends, they'll definitely notice. I don't really look at what other people around me wear, but I do pay attention to my friends' clothes, and never fail to notice if they happen to wear a same shirt two days in a row.

I always notice what people wear. I live in a small town so people either dress really down or casual. There's lots of little kids that dye their hair and wear jeans 5 times too small.

RudolfsDad
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

23 Apr 2009, 6:04 am

MathGirl wrote:
RudolfsDad wrote:

I realize that I'm unusual in this respect. I honestly wouldn't even notice if my friends wore the same outfit for a week.

Eller
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 6:17 am

RudolfsDad wrote:
I realize that I'm unusual in this respect. I honestly wouldn't even notice if my friends wore the same outfit for a week.

I'd definitely notice since I'm interested in fashion, but I wouldn't mind. If they like the clothes so much, why not? (Unless the clothes started to smell. I'm oversensitive to smells and that would be extremely uncomfortable.)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 6:37 am

I cut the necks out of all my t-shirts and wear my pants (usually cropped)...a few sizes too big..for comfort...much of my clothes is tattered and paint stained and in some way altered. I pretty much can't wear a shirt for too very long unless it has a particular grain of softness...as in...super soft....

I own a lot of long skirts with pockets and shirts I have screen printed on. I wear a lot of tank tops with over shirts. The over shirts are usually old bowling shirts or work shirts with stuff on the back. A lot of them are fairly humorous...I have two shirts at the moment with a giant Texas shape on the back..I am a huge fan of pockets...esp. at the waist on shirts...I constantly seek them out at thrift stores....All of my clothes come from thrift stores...new clothes practically repulse me.
I could not really properly dress myself till I was a teenager.
When I was a teenager one of my obsessions became vintage clothes and hats...and it still sorta is..I have an eye for unusual, vintage and homemade clothes. I am really attracted to unusual colors and patterns. I tend to hoard a lot of clothes and give a lot of clothes away.

For shoes I almost always wear comfortable sandals that are easily slipped off that have good support.. I own hundreds of pairs of socks, but don't generally ever wear them.

I also have a big costume collection.

kc8ufv
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 7:18 am

cognito wrote:
for me, its rather simple, I would prefer to go au natural, but since I can't, I just wear what is comfy.

I would too, but as I've previously described, I wear what I find comfy, even if some consider parts strange. Only place anyone would know about the strange parts, though, is in the locker room at the gym, or someone I'm getting intimate with.

glider18
Supporting Member
Supporting Member

23 Apr 2009, 7:37 am

When I was in school, my mother bought my clothes and laid them out for me each morning. Today, at 44 years old, I tend to wear a lot of the same clothes over and over. So they can get worn out quick with all the washings. I have two pairs of dress pants I tend to wear a lot. And I have a favorite pair of jeans that are starting to show their age. I just like to be comfortable. And the fashion thing isn't a concern of mine. I don't care how people perceive my fashion sense. I am clean, I dress appropriately, and I am comfortable.

I have a question for HerrAsh: I just noticed this was your first post---but yet you joined in November of 2007. Where have you been? Anyway---welcome to the WrongPlanet even though you have been a member a year longer than me.

amazon_television
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 2:13 pm

My clothing doesn't conform to a "style". It's more an extension of myself, and it for the most part follows certain criteria that project how I feel, either in general or in a given situation. I'm pretty particular about my clothing. I also have an extreme sensitivity to temperature, so I have a monster collection of outerwear that I have amassed over the last 10 years or so. I also have had a fixation recently on shoes, particularly collaborations, so I now have a small collection of unusual rad kicks (thankfully that fixation seems to have passed somewhat, it was getting kind of expensive and it's pretty stupid, but it never got out of hand so I must say I'm happy with the results)

The criteria are as follows:

-Very casual but clean

-understated but not bland

-nice but not sharp or flashy

-neither too cheap nor too expensive

-neither tight nor baggy

Right now I've got a pretty standard scheme going on as I'm getting ready to take off for the afternoon:

light blue 311 t shirt
dark green pinstriped pants
black/gray volcom hat (although the sun seems to be coming out so that will probably be replaced with sunglasses)
matching gunmetal (dark gray) watch and necklace (the necklace stays inside the shirt, always)
black/white adidas-upper playground collab sneakers

It's entirely possible I look like a douchebag but it looks fine to me.

millie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 2:47 pm

all cotton always.
jeans and work singlets and work pants and thongs with big sunglasses, cowboy hat.
occasionally a cotton skirt - VERY occasionally... a few times a year in the heat of tropical summer.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 2:53 pm

I also wear all cotton. Usually it's a plain t-shirt/tank top, jeans, and sneakers. I can't stand sweaters, and too much clothing on my body in general. I like wearing skirts in the summer as well. Generally, I don't care too much about style and like to keep it classic/casual so that I don't stand out. No jewelry either, except for a watch.

Mosse
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

23 Apr 2009, 3:16 pm

I usually wear name-brand stuff. I wear a loose T-shirt and some baggy jeans. I only wear something once.

End it all?

millie
Veteran
Veteran

23 Apr 2009, 3:19 pm

Quote:
Mosse wrote:
I usually wear name-brand stuff. I wear a loose T-shirt and some baggy jeans. I only wear something once.

who pays? and what happens to the cast-offs? :?