Page 1 of 2 [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2010, 5:34 pm

I don't fit in at wrong planet I tried to post but I don't have nothing to talk about.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 5:43 pm

Me neither.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 5:49 pm

To each, their own. I hope that the two of you can each find a place, where you do fit in. 8)

shukri
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

18 Apr 2010, 5:54 pm

Ruchard wrote:
I don't fit in at wrong planet I tried to post but I don't have nothing to talk about.

Well, I don't know what you mean by "fitting in". If you feel that you were looking for a place that would make you happy and give a sense of finally belonging, then I don't think you can get that from a forum. Or from an aspie social group for that matter. For me the site is good to catch thoughts by other people which help me to understand my own often-muddle feelings and thoughts. But that doesn't mean I agree with everything that's said here. I don't think AS is a one-size-fits-all kind of thing.

SnowWhite88
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2010, 5:58 pm

You don't have to answer, but what exactly does "fitting in" entail...in your opinion?

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2010, 6:21 pm

I don't know what to talk about on these forums I don't have much to talk about.

gassy
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

18 Apr 2010, 6:27 pm

Ruchard wrote:
I don't know what to talk about on these forums I don't have much to talk about.

What are you interested in?
What do you like to do?

Do you have any issues or problems which you'd like to discuss, and would like to see if anybody else has the same problems, and knows how to best deal with them? :)

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2010, 6:39 pm

erm not much really I don't like much i watch a lot of stand up videos on you tube but that's about it

Apera
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 6:42 pm

Talk about things others bring up. That's what I do: go to the main page about once a day, open recent topics on the right panel that could be interesting, and post in them if they are.

But they do not have me

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 6:46 pm

You can post your favourite stand up videos. :idea:

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 6:47 pm

Post count doesn't matter. Personality does, and you have a lot of that. 8)

Horus
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 6:48 pm

I've pretty much felt the same way since I started posting here.

I have yet to find anyone here who has anything in common with me in terms of the learning/memory problems I seem to have.

Not to mention a few other things.

I share many of the socio-emotional, motor and executive functioning issues many in this group claim to exhibit... but that's about it.

So try not to feel too bad....I don't fit in with one other person on this planet.

My IQ is far too high to "fit in" among those with Down syndrome and other MR people and yet I possess nothing close to the aptitude many here have in terms of math, science, computers, art, long-term memory, etc....

I would probably sell my soul to possess the gifts many here have at math, science, computers and especially, long-term memory, since my seemingly impaired LT memory is likely the major reason why i'm not good at the aforementioned subjects.... among any others for that matter.

I am a person who PERSONALLY values intelligence/knowledge/education infinitely beyond all other human qualities. So my awareness of what I lack in these areas burns my soul to the core every second of my life.

To be clear....I don't look down on anyone else if they lack intelligence or education to one degree or another. I just can't stand my own shortcomings in these respects and I only tolerate them in the sense that I haven't killed myself yet.

The spirit I have for learning is strong....but the flesh of my brain is apparently very weak.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 7:06 pm

You could try posting more topics on the things that interest you.

There isn't a lot for me to do here sometimes, either. Sometimes most of the topics are uninteresting to me. I often resort to the games forum if I want to make more posts but have nowhere else to make posts in.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2010, 7:13 pm

I tried posting in the game forums tv forums how do people get their post count so high

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

18 Apr 2010, 7:22 pm

I don't feel as if I fit in here either. I feel like an outcast even amoung other AS people and on fourms deticated to my special intrests everyone finds me weird and I get cyber bullied.

OuterBoroughGirl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Apr 2010, 7:25 pm

I don't fit in here, either. I don't think I've caused anyone any offense here, or if I have, I didn't pick up on it. Mostly, I just haven't made any impression on anyone. I'm used to being overlooked,though. Most people I encounter both IRL and on the 'net, don't seem to acknowledge my existence. I seem to sink below nearly everyone's radar. It's probably better that way, as more often than not,the people who do notice I'm alive view me as a useless incompetent idiot who doesn't belong, to be disparaged at every turn. Maybe I'm better off not being seen. Lucky for me, that seems to be what usually happens.
People talk of round pegs, and square pegs trying unsuccessfully to fit into those pesky round holes. If those square pegs are fortunate enough to find some square holes (aka their niche) they'll fit in just fine. Based on long experience, I've determined that I'm an amorphous peg, and no hole in the universe fits me. It does get lonely at times, far more so when I'm actually among people than when I'm alone. I can't really offer any constructive advice, but I can relate.
By the way, Horus, I can relate to a great deal of what you say as well. I don't have any of these talents, either. I do have good memory for certain things, though generally not anything that helps me in real life. I might remember a remarkable number of details from a book or TV show I am/have been obsessed with, but that doesn't do much good when I can't figure out how to get to a place I've traveled to four times before,or remember where I put my cell phone down two minutes ago.
It's painful to feel that you don't fit anywhere at all. I wouldn't wish it on anyone else, and I'm sorry to know that you guys are dealing with that, too.

Last edited by OuterBoroughGirl on 18 Apr 2010, 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.