Have any of you regressed than go beyond orginally

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

TiffanyFerret
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

28 May 2009, 1:18 am

I actually started talking at a normal age, but soon after I stopped talking completely than at age 4 I started talking in full sentences.Not to say I didn't communicate, I did communicate via gestures in the between time.

intravenus_de_milo
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

28 May 2009, 3:53 am

That's a lot like what happened to me. I started talking at age 1... then at age 2, I started to lose my ability to speak, and at age 3, I could not talk at all. By the time I was diagnosed with autism at age 4, my speech had started to come back.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran

28 May 2009, 4:02 am

Nah, I just didn't talk/say much from the beginning. Delayed by about four and a half years. Delayed by about the same with reading/writing too.

I got there in the end, though.

Ruchard
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2009, 5:20 am

i didn't talk till i was four years old i rarely talk.

Psygirl6
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

28 May 2009, 7:25 am

I started talking at 8 months old, first sentence at 9 months. Talked till about 18 months, when my sister was born, I stopped talking for a few months. Actually I still communicated though, I just talked so fast that no one would understand me. I was not withdrawn, but avoided family because my family members were(and still are) very stressful people. Plus, when my sister was born it was too much for me, so I avoided them, which made them think I was withdrawn. Ironically, I got my speech back at age 3. i was in speech therapy, not to learn to talk, but to slow down my words so that others could understand me. I also had to learn eye contact and to give the other person a turn when having a conversation. Speech was the only thing I regressed it. Ironically, since I was not going near my family, but yet I have an independent spirit, I was learning all of my self help skills on my own, without help, and I did better than the others did. This is the reason why I am so independent and that i learn better on my own, rather than with instruction from others. The coolest thing is that if I make one mistake, i am so intelligent that I know right away what i did and not only do I know how to do it the next time, i also develop strategies on my own to prevent that mistake. That is how, when I do anything, I have my own routine.