Have you ever had a psychotic breakdown?

Page 2 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2009, 10:16 pm

edit :oops:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2009, 6:39 pm

It's rather amusing I told my GP I'm having a "insane" mental break down I told him exactly how I'm behaving and he told me you not insane. :D

I suppose with forty + years in medicine he would easily be able to recognise a insane person. :wink:

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2009, 6:46 pm

Read your story scientist and can relate.

TheHaywire
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 6:57 am

I had one the other night. I think it was normal considering what I've been through. Klonopin helps though.

Scientist
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 10:18 am

aussiebloke wrote:
Read your story scientist and can relate.
Thank you!

Interests: science, experimental psychology, psychophysics, music (listening and playing (guitar)) and visual arts

Don't focus on your weaknesses, focus on your strengths

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 7:19 pm

Yes I can :lol: , I'm about to do my 1st and likely only You Tube on my 33 year yes 33 years! AS tragedy 8O It will cover brain plasticity, (neuroplasticity), hormones, busted up pituitary gland, psychotherapy, lobe injuries, (more hits to the head than Homer Simpson) stress and the effects on the hormonal system and of cause AS

I believe it can help some people here and other people in the general NT population I have a disability pension buddy with "lobe injury problems" like myself had been on every med under the sun to no avail, I said I'm willing to bet you have damaged your pituitary gland and it's not producing enough Testosterone and guess what I was right :) . Though he needs to be careful he has a heart condition :(

Bye

Last edited by aussiebloke on 04 Dec 2009, 9:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 7:25 pm

from too much stress. (you say)

Don't forget the effects it has on the hormonal system (will cover it in the vid)

collectoritis
Veteran
Veteran

04 Dec 2009, 9:15 pm

Remember the trees......remember the mountains

One shot ! :lol:

(puts gun to head and plays Russian roulette)

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 7:45 pm

Well I'm a little pissed off at the moment :lol: I can't believe the negligence/stupidity that exists in the medical profession. I would love to make a claim against the Dr's and would be awarded some serious $$$ though it's to late for that (statute of limitations)

Not that I care for the money (to a point) I just want to make a claim so the medical profession (every one should if they get in that situation) becomes so fearful they become to conservative when it comes to treatment, no one should have gone through what I have :(

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 8:18 pm

I had my breakdown at the age of 24. It wasn't very fun, at all. It had to happen when I was in the prime of my life. I had alot of these strange thoughts racing through my head. I was also hearing voices, as well. I even put my sister's Kokanee sticker that had the K on it, over my mouth, because my mum said that my high school resource room teacher told her that I was that special K, and I took that literally. I had this voice in my head that was telling people to be Gay, and telling me to be a Little Boy Blue. It was horrible.

raisedbyignorance
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 9:13 pm

Let's see...

Psychotic breakdowns at 13...14...16...17...18...21...22...23...and 25

Of course depending on your definition of psychotic breakdown I have them just about every year of my life...

...including now :P

aussiebloke
Veteran
Veteran

05 Dec 2009, 9:38 pm

Psychotic breakdowns at 13...14...16...17...18...21...22...23...and 25

Awesome 8O

LuxoJr
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Dec 2009, 10:59 pm

Wow.

Nothing like that. I've never hallucinated... or at least I don't think I have.
Just meltdowns. Lots of them.
And whenever I do, I just go off throwing things, or breaking things or ripping things up. Like once in the fifth grade I was pissed cuz some people were making fun of me so I threw my chair. Sometimes I willl hurt myself, like scratch my face and stuff. I've broken several staplers, pencils, usually office supplies or things that can be easily replaced. And I throw my stuff around, then clean it up when I calm down. lol. Or I stomp or scream and rip up paper.
I WISH I just hallucinated.

renaeden
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 8:37 am

I haven't heard voices or anything like that. I have dissociated and walked for a long way. Once I was in hospital for 4 months and had ECT. That worked really well. I am on medications that work so I haven't felt that bad for about a year now.

gramirez
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 9:48 am

I don't think I've had a psychotic breakdown, but rather intermittent psychosis, and large meltdowns - usually not at the same time. The last major meltdown I had lasted about 2 hours, and resulted in me giving my mom a black eye. Aside from meltdowns, I go through intense periods of paranoia on a roughly bi-weekly basis. Anything could make me paranoid. Right now I won't eat canned foods due to fearing Botulism. In a week or a month, it will be something entirely different. I've had delusions before, but never hallucinations. I've also frequently have trouble speaking - It's often very hard to put my thoughts into words, and it often doesn't make any sense when it comes out. I'm not sure if this is what everyone is referring to when they say "word salad".

So maybe I am psychotic? How will I know for sure? Luckily the meds help, and I haven't had meltdowns in a while.

Odin
Veteran
Veteran

06 Dec 2009, 11:54 am

Wow, I must be very lucky, because I've never had a psychotic break. 8O

The closest thing I have ever had to full-blown psychosis is derealization and depersonalization when I'm really stressed.