Page 1 of 2 [ 27 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

glow
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 2:17 pm

You Are The Handmaid's Tale

You have a head for ideas, and you like to spend a lot of time thinking about the implications of the modern world.
You sometimes swear that you can see the future, and it isn't always pretty. For this reason, alternative futures and even alternative histories appeal to you.

You think that we need to be careful of what we ask for. Sometimes the smallest changes can be a slippery slope.
You like a novel that presents a warning to the world. You aren't a pessimist, but you are a realist!

I found this test and thought i'll find out what banned book I am but i've never read the book,.

http://www.blogthings.com/whatbannedbookareyouquiz/

PikachuDenkiNezumi
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

17 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm

I'm The Bell Jar.

WitchsCat
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 2:37 pm

You Are To Kill a Mockingbird

You are attracted to books that recount ordinary lives and ordinary circumstances in amazing ways.
You are drawn toward characters that inspire you and surprise you. You want to read a book where you fall in love with the characters in it.

You are a patient reader. Plot is important to you, of course, but for you, reading is all about the journey.
After you read a book, it stays with you for a long time. You don't forget the people you've 'met' and the things that have happened.

Thelibrarian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 3:21 pm

Happily, I don't need a quizz to know what banned book I most closely identify with--and I have read it to boot: Kevin MacDonald's "Culture of Critique".

octobertiger
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 3:24 pm

I am the Hunger Games?! Yeah right!

MjrMajorMajor
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 4:00 pm

Fahrenheit 451

You are a very passionate reader, and you think the right to read whatever you want is an important one.
Of all the types, you are the most likely to get a thrill from reading a banned book... and to stand up to censorship.

You are a big ideas person, and you tend to be quite abstract. You are good at reading between the lines.
Sometimes you feel like the whole world has gone crazy, and you're not sure if anyone else realizes it!

Sedentarian
Veteran
Veteran

17 Oct 2013, 4:12 pm

[b]I am the bell jar

auf_ehre
Raven
Raven

17 Oct 2013, 6:49 pm

The Cardinal's Mistress

Random42
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Oct 2013, 6:56 pm

You Are The Hunger Games

You have a wild imagination, one that is not easily satisfied by run of the mill stories and novels.
You like to be transported to a completely different world. You like to be immersed in a life that is nothing like your own.

You don't mind an outlandish story - in fact, you require it. You prefer a book that's not just about ordinary, every day things.
There's nothing you like better than being lost in a book - especially one with a strong plot and protagonist to root for.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

Location: My body is in Brisbane and my mind is in the gutter. :D

17 Oct 2013, 8:33 pm

You Are Fahrenheit 451

You are a very passionate reader, and you think the right to read whatever you want is an important one.
Of all the types, you are the most likely to get a thrill from reading a banned book... and to stand up to censorship.

You are a big ideas person, and you tend to be quite abstract. You are good at reading between the lines.
Sometimes you feel like the whole world has gone crazy, and you're not sure if anyone else realizes it!

What Banned Book Are You?

Blogthings: 100's of Fun, Free Quizzes and 3 Stupid Ones

Oh good, I liked that book. :)

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

nick007
Veteran
Veteran

Location: was Louisiana but now Vermont in the police state called USA

18 Oct 2013, 1:58 am

You Are The Bell Jar

You are a voracious reader, and more than anything else, you love an engrossing story with a strong main character.
You like nothing better than being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes for a while, even if those shoes aren't a comfortable fit.

You enjoy reading stories that you can relate to, at least somewhat. And an element of glamor or history can always draw you in.
You are interested in what makes us tick and what makes us human. A story doesn't have to be extraordinary to capture your attention.

~King Of The Hill

Sherry221B
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 1:30 pm

You Are Fahrenheit 451

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 10:19 pm

You Are The Bell Jar

You are a voracious reader, and more than anything else, you love an engrossing story with a strong main character.
You like nothing better than being able to put yourself in someone else's shoes for a while, even if those shoes aren't a comfortable fit.

You enjoy reading stories that you can relate to, at least somewhat. And an element of glamor or history can always draw you in.
You are interested in what makes us tick and what makes us human. A story doesn't have to be extraordinary to capture your attention.

Those descriptions seem accurate, but what about the novel?

Wikipedia wrote:
The Bell Jar is American writer and poet Sylvia Plath's only novel, which was originally published under the pseudonym "Victoria Lucas" in 1963. The novel is semi-autobiographical with the names of places and people changed. The book is often regarded as a roman à clef, with the protagonist's descent into mental illness paralleling Plath's own experiences with what may have been clinical depression. Plath committed suicide a month after its first UK publication. The novel was published under Plath's name for the first time in 1967 and was not published in the United States until 1971, pursuant to the wishes of Plath's mother and her husband Ted Hughes. The novel has been translated into nearly a dozen languages.

Uhh ... no. That doesn't fit me at all.

ThetaIn3D
Veteran
Veteran

02 Dec 2013, 11:12 pm

I am The Hunger Games.

Makes perfect sense to me!

lolcatwt
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Dec 2013, 3:25 am

I am The Bell Jar. It seems very appropriate to me since I love this book.

Douglas_MacNeill
Veteran
Veteran

03 Dec 2013, 1:05 pm

You Are The Hunger Games

You have a wild imagination, one that is not easily satisfied by run of the mill stories and novels.
You like to be transported to a completely different world. You like to be immersed in a life that is nothing like your own.

You don't mind an outlandish story - in fact, you require it. You prefer a book that's not just about ordinary, everyday things.
There's nothing you like better than being lost in a book - especially one with a strong plot and protagonist to root for.

---------------------------------------
Hm! Maybe I do have hungers (the mental/psychic/spiritual kind) that aren't so easily satisfied....