Page 89 of 154 [ 2450 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 86, 87, 88, 89, 90, 91, 92 ... 154  Next

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

14 Aug 2016, 9:46 pm

it is theorized that at least 2 billion years ago, venus used to be cooler than earth, on average. this changed when it finally boiled off all of its water.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Half of me is in the Washington state, the other Los Angeles.

15 Aug 2016, 10:47 am

Anxiety makes you obsessive. In times of stress, uncertainty, or helplessness, you sometimes engage in repetitive behaviors like cleaning or nail biting because it makes you feel more in control.

The Canadian Football League - What We're Made Of

Feel free to talk to me, if you wish. :)

Every day is a gift- cherish it!

"A true, true friend helps a friend in need."

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2016, 8:26 pm

in 1769, Nicholas Joseph Cugnot presented to the French gov't his invention, the steam dray. in demonstrating it, he lost control and crashed into a wall, and was promptly arrested. his was the very first motor vehicle accident.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 10:43 am

Yoshi's (the dinosaur from the Super Mario Bros. VG series) real name is T. Yoshisaur Munchakoopas.

Kuraudo777
Veteran
Veteran

16 Aug 2016, 10:48 am

Xenogears was originally a scrapped idea for Final Fantasy VII.

A memory is something that has to be consciously recalled, right? That's why sometimes it can be mistaken and a different thing. But it's different from a memory locked deep within your heart. Words aren't the only way to tell someone how you feel.” Tifa Lockheart, Final Fantasy VII

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 2:26 am

the can opener was invented 50 years after the sealed can.

Austinfrom1995
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 9:59 am

It took that long before someone came up with a way to open those darn things?

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 10:01 am

Yeah...how were they able to use cans?

Last edited by naturalplastic on 17 Aug 2016, 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 10:03 am

auntblabby wrote:
in 1769, Nicholas Joseph Cugnot presented to the French gov't his invention, the steam dray. in demonstrating it, he lost control and crashed into a wall, and was promptly arrested. his was the very first motor vehicle accident.

And the first "moving violation"! Lol!

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2016, 8:42 pm

Octopuses are older than dinosaurs.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 3:02 am

naturalplastic wrote:
Yeah...how were they able to use cans?

opened with a sharp tough knife.

equestriatola
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 10:48 am

You can find traces of gold in the hair of newborn children.

lostonearth35
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 11:00 am

Betty Rubble's maiden name is McBricker. Wilma's maiden name is Slaghoople, but during the original series there were continuity errors where characters who didn't know she's now married called her "Miss Pebble", which happened even in the third season when she is visited by an old boyfriend.

Also Fred Flintstone actually had a really good singing voice early in the series that even once turned him into a teen idol, but it got worse and worse as the series went on. One time a housekeeper the Flintstones had hired quit her job just because she overheard him singing in the shower. It didn't help that he was singing opera, which the Italian housekeeper absolutely hated. I think his singing must have gotten bad from smoking in those cigarette commercials. :lol:

By the third season, Welch's became the new sponsor for The Flintstones. Pebbles had been born and they felt they needed a product that was more family-friendly. I remember Pebbles and Bamm-Bamm having a fondness for grape juice when I watched the show as a kid.

naturalplastic
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 7:47 pm

George Jetson's boss was named "Mr. Spacely"

The company was called "Spacely Sprockets".

Their chief competitor was "Cogswell Cogs".

But few TV viewers are aware that both companies were eventually bought out.

Bought out by: "The Richard Gear Company". :lol:

Just kidding about that last part.

saxgeek
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2016, 10:39 pm

The Gameboy Advance games Hot Wheels: Velocity X and The Hobbit contain this weird story as filler data in the ROM image.

Quote:
I LIKE MONKEYS. I like monkeys. The pet store was selling them for five cents a piece. I thought that odd since they were normally a couple thousand each. I decided not to look a gift horse in the mouth. I bought 200. I like monkeys. I took my 200 monkeys home. I have a big car. I let one drive. His name was Sigmund. He was ret*d. In fact, none of them were really bright. They kept punching themselves in their genitals. I laughed. Then they punched my genitals. I stopped laughing. I herded them into my room. They didn't adapt very well to their new environment. They would screech, hurl themselves off of the couch at high speeds and slam into the wall. Although humorous at first, the spectacle lost its novelty halfway into its third hour. Two hours later I found out why all the monkeys were so inexpensive: they all died. No apparent reason. They all just sorta' dropped dead. Kinda' like when you buy a goldfish and it dies five hours later. Damn cheap monkeys...I didn't know what to do. There were 200 dead monkeys lying all over my room, on the bed, in the dresser, hanging from my bookcase. It looked like I had 200 throw rugs. I tried to flush one down the toilet. It didn't work. It got stuck. Then I had one dead, wet monkey and 199 dead, dry monkeys. I tried pretending that they were just stuffed animals. That worked for a while, that is until they began to decompose. It started to smell real bad...I had to pee but there was a dead monkey in the toilet and I didn't want to call the plumber. I was embarrassed...I tried to slow down the decomposition by freezing them. Unfortunately there was only enough room for two monkeys at a time so I had to change them every 30 seconds. I also had to eat all the food in the freezer so it didn't all go bad...I tried burning them. Little did I know my bed was flammable. I had to extinguish the fire. Then I had one dead, wet monkey in my toilet, two dead, frozen monkeys in my freezer, and 197 dead, charred monkeys in a pile on my bed. The odor wasn't improving. I became agitated at my inability to dispose of my monkeys and to use the bathroom. I severely beat one of my monkeys. I felt better. I tried throwing them way but the garbage man said that the city wasn't allowed to dispose of charred primates. I told him that I had a wet one. He couldn't take that one either. I didn't bother asking about the frozen ones. I finally arrived at a solution. I gave them out as Christmas gifts. My friends didn't know quite what to say. They pretended that they like them but I could tell they were lying. Ingrates. So I punched them in the genitals. I like monkeys.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

19 Aug 2016, 2:09 am

a prototype cartoon forerunner of the flintstones was "the flagstones" about a slightly warped family of colonial pilgrims.