Page 10 of 20 [ 318 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13 ... 20  Next

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Middle Earth. Er, I mean Wellywood. Wait, Wellington.

25 Apr 2007, 2:15 pm

Random Poll: How often would you like an update to this?
A) Every day or two
B) Every day
C) Every half-day (one in the morning and another in the afternoon)
D) As soon as a vote comes in

In a way
And sadness turned to comfort
We all go there

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:38 pm

A - gives people time to vote.

Three years!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:42 pm

Incidentally, I wanted to skip right ahead and choose the option that Scythe had already ripped the bracelet off, but I managed to find a work around and also include a story element to make it worth going into her memories. Does it ever seem like each option potentially alters the course of a large portion of the story?

In a way
We all go there

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

25 Apr 2007, 3:46 pm

I don't know about a "large" portion, but they certainly affect the current events. (To me, large would indicate the entire plot of the story. The choices change the short-term plot - that is, what the characters are doing, where they are, what's happening, ect. - but (the apparant) overall story (that of Koise and his friends) remains fairly constant.)

(Editted for clarity, since I did an awful job the last time.)

Three years!

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 1:29 am

Re-writing the first few bits to bump their quality up to the rest, and also introduce Koise more properly.

Koise slumped in his seat, feeling drained and beaten from not doing anything. It was late at night, and it was the worst scenario ever: There was nothing on TV. The best thing was a documentary about Sperm Whales doing what probably earned their name. The embers in the fireplace were dimming after being the warm heated fire half an hour before, and the candles were reaching the end of their wax.

Koise is a 17 year old Renon. Renon's aren't human, obviously, and are a race of bi-pedal animals with very large eyes, pointy ears at the back of their head (going down), a slender tail and thin limbs, with large, blob-like feet. Koise himself was of a fairly docile yet adventurous disposition. He loved going out searching the world for all it's mysteries, and there were a lot of them! His most prized possession he had acquired over his two years adventuring was the Staff of Elexir. Elexir was the name of the guy who used to own it. When Koise first found it, it said that it waited for it's next destined bearer, but Koise ignored that and took it anyway. On other travels he came across elemental gemstones which he can use with the Staff. The ones had had acquired so far were Fire, Water, Ice and Air, although he isn't going to be surprised if he found a couple more.

Koise lived in a house which, in many respects, was rather like a hobbit-hole in the fact that it was underground. It differed because it had electricity and running water for his nice warm bath. Koise was very contempt with his way of living and he made his income by selling some of the less-powerful magical items he owned.

Koise was staring at the ceiling when he heard a knock on the door.
"Who the heck visits at this time of night?!" he said to himself. He got up and went to the door. As soon as he reached it, a letter slid under the door. It looked old and tattered, and as if it would break into a thousand pieces if he just shook it a little bit. He then opened the door to find out who delivered the message. On the doorstep was...

A squirrel. Holding a nut.

Koise let out a frustrated sigh, and walked back to the lounge. as he played around with the letter in his hands, he contemplated on whether he should read it now or go to bed and read it in the morning.

Koise decided to read it now, and opened up the envelope and pulled out a piece of paper. On it was written

"Dear Koise,
Sorry I haven't wrote to you in so long, but I've been kinda busy. I'm having a bit of trouble with something important in my town, and I need your help. Bring Marilyn, her welding skills will be handy for the trouble.

Sincerely,
Bob
"

Bob had been Koise's friend ever since they were in kindergarten. They did everything together, from playing games to pulling pranks on the teacher's during school. Bob developed into a weapon's maker over the years as well as a good guy to know the lay of the land, and he got a job in a town several miles away a few years ago, but he and Koise were able to use letters to keep in touch.

'So Bob needs me after all these years?' Koise thought. 'Finally, I could do with a walk! It's been ages since something interesting happened...' Koise stuffed the letter into the envelope and put it in his backpack by the fireplace, and packed in various other things, such as food, some soda, and other essential items. He then made his way to bed and promptly fell asleep, which was no surprise as it was VERY comfortable.

Better than the last one?
A) You bet!!
B) Yup
C) I guess
D) No
E) You made it worse

In a way
We all go there

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 2:19 am

(A)

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

26 Apr 2007, 6:17 am

A - good rewrite 8).

Poll: B/C - variable from one day to the next. Quite happy to play catchup if you're eager to write more on any given day.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 3:02 am

"We'd better get going." Marilyn said.
"She's right." Bob said. "While Shaeliks hate the light, they can infest dark places like this one."
Koise/Scythe picked on Koise's backpack, which had just fallen onto the floor when Koise popped into Marilyn's mind, and picked up his Staff and led the way back. I was another one and a half hours of numbingly boring walking through a dark hallway. Koise was able to get acquainted with Scythe's body however, and he had some complaints. Firstly, the ornaments on her tail made it hard to balance his head. Reason being is that as Renon's evolved, they kept their tails so that they had at least SOME way to balance their heads, which were larger than a humans. Putting any sort of weight on the tail will cause the Renon to lose balance, and it takes a while to get used to.

Secondly, her other ornaments weren't that great either. She had large piercings on her ears (which for Renons is a large canvas as compared to relatively small ears), which also took a while to get used to. Her shoes weren't the best either, the insides were quite blocky and made his feet red. She had also cut off the end of her tail, which also took a bit to get used to.

It wasn't all bad though. As female Renons have ears that curve outwards rather than inwards like the males, this meant that Koise didn't have to be careful when tipping his head back, as his ears no longer poked into his back if he did so (similar to those annoying labels in the necks of T-shirts).

They arrived at the trapdoor and they all climbed out into the Living Room. Marilyn put the rug back over it and they planned on what to do next.
"Okay," Bob said, "so obviously the first thing I should do is go down to my place and find a way to get Koise outta Scythe."
"Finally someone agrees with me." Scythe said.
"Booger can come with me, we've done this together before. Marilyn, since you seem to be the best person to take lead of the second group, what do you want your portion to do?"
"Well, I was thinking that Scythe could go with you and Booger to help with the research, while Koise and Kipo come with me and see if we can find some good stuff in the house."
"Okay!" Koise said. The way that the others could tell who was speaking was by the tone of voice, mainly because Koise was a lot more expressive than Scythe was. "Oh, wait..." he said "There's one problem with that."
Marilyn then realized. How could Koise be with her and Kipo if Scythe was supposed to be with Booger and Bob in town?
"Dammit." she said.
"You're gonna have to choose which." Bob said. "Either Scythe and Koise go with you or they come with us on the research."
"Well I'm not looking forward to going through, what, 100+ books for ONE article that would help us." Koise said
"Neither am I." Scythe said. 'But I don't wanna go with that slut Marilyn.' she thought in her head.
'Oy!' Koise said 'I heard that!'
"Well..." Marilyn said reluctantly "I think Koise and Scythe should come with me." She didn't like it, as she didn't want Scythe to come with her any more than Scythe did.
"Okay," Bob said, "C'mon Booger, let's go. Guys, as soon as we sort this stuff out, we're moving right along with the trouble concerning LOSA."
"Okay." the rest said, except for Kipo, who, as always, remained quiet and was more of a watcher than a listener.

Who should we follow?
A) Marilyn, Scythe/Koise and Kipo
B) Booger and Bob

In a way
We all go there

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 6:24 am

B

RainSong
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 12:15 pm

A.

Three years!

Inventor
Veteran
Veteran

28 Apr 2007, 6:45 pm

A.

lkonantz
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

28 Apr 2007, 7:07 pm

B.

cruimh_shionnachain
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2007, 4:37 pm

And for the tiebreaker....
A

Apathy is not a vice, it is a relieving and downright enjoyable life-choice.

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

01 May 2007, 3:33 am

Okay guys, thanks for that.

My internet's been restricted, so what I decided to do is write a BIG chunk of it and then post it up. Trust me, I've got a good idea of what to do next! (it'll cover how Koise gets out of Scythe, and (hopefully) get him out of there!)

In a way
We all go there

KBABZ
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 1:14 am

Okay guy's, prepare for a WHOPPER of a post update!!

“Okay,” Koise said, “Good luck guys!”
“You know I would never have said that.” Scythe said
“Yeah but I can still speak for myself.”
“It’s my body, and so you conform to my rules.”
“Am I allowed to hum?”
“No, I don’t hum.”
“How about whistle, can I do that?”
“No. I don’t whistle.”
“Well am I allowed to blink, can I do that?!”
Scythe sighed. “I guess so…” she said.
“Thanks.”
“I don’t say that a lot either.”
Koise groaned in frustration.
Of course that all looked really confusing and bizarre to Marilyn, Bob and Booger (Kipo wasn’t paying much attention). They just stood back and let it go ahead on its own, but they couldn’t help but stare.
“What?” Scythe said as she noticed this. “Oh… great…” She didn’t like attention from others, she’s rather be on her own, by herself.
“Well, we’ll get going then.” Said Bob, opening the door. “We’ll see you guys later!”
“Okay, bye!” Marilyn said
“Bye!” Koise replied
“Bye.” Scythe said.
Of course Kipo didn’t say bye.
“Okay,” Koise said, “So where in your house are we off to?”
“Do you always have to do that?” Scythe said
“Do what?”
“Take control and all that.”
“What? I’m allowed to say stuff if I want.”
“But you’re using personal private stuff. If you want to use it, use it right.”
‘Sheesh, no wonder she’s a loner.’ Koise thought.
“Anyway,” Marilyn continued, “We’re off to my room. I have some little artifacts in there which may be helpful. After that it’s into the attic, might be some useful stuff in there too.”
“Okay, let’s go!” Koise said enthusiastically.
“What did we just talk about?” Scythe said.
“Huh? Oh fine… let’s go.” He said the last bit in his best Scythe impression.

The three (and a half) of them went to the staircase located in the hallway and walked up three floors. The house seemed like the kind where it had one bedroom for each person for every day of the week. They made their way to the fourth floor, but Scythe got a bit tired at the second floor and let Koise take over. Once on the fourth, they took a left down a hallway and entered the second door on the right to enter Marilyn’s room.
“Big house, isn’t it?” she said as they entered
“Yeah, why is that?” Koise asked. Scythe decided not to argue anymore.
“Well, it was built to hold up to 7 or 8 people quite comfortably, most of which were my relatives. Most of them left or died or something…” she realized the irony of ‘Most of them died’, and stopped.
“You were saying?” Koise said after a short while.
“Oh, right, yeah, anyway my room isn’t as big as the others,” (even though for a teenage room it was large) “, but I guess it fits.”
“Spoiled brat…” Scythe said under her breath.
“I have a few tidbits in here that may be useful. At first I thought they were useless, until Bob came round two days ago and examined them, and they turned out to be quite nifty!”
“Nifty, bluegh…” Scythe said again.
Marilyn went over to her bedside cabinet and opened up the bottom drawer, revealing four rings, a pair of earrings, a pile of socks and pants and some T-shirts. Marilyn took out the rings and showed them to Koise.
“Heheh, nifty.” Koise said. “So, what do these do?”
“Various things, according to Bob.” Marilyn picked out one. It was of a blue hue. “This one allows you to see in the dark.”
“Really?” Koise asked.
“As I said, according to Bob.”
“Could I try it out?”
“Sure, here you go.” Marilyn handed Koise the ring.
“I don’t wear rings.” Scythe said.
“I know Koise.”
“I said that.”
“I kno-oh, right, Scythe.”
Koise searched for a place to test it out. He saw a wardrobe Marilyn had, and walked in and shut the door. Koise put on the ring.
At first there was no effect, but soon the room faded out of black into something discernable. Inside, it didn’t look all black and green like in night-vision goggles (Koise wouldn’t know, they haven’t been invented there yet), but looked like they were lit, but with no shadows, apart from those caused by the light seeping through the gaps between the walls and the door.
“Wow, this is really cool!” Koise said in amazement, “Can you see this Scythe?”
“Yeah.” She said unenthusiastically. In truth she was at least intrigued about it.
“This is wicked.” Koise said. “Can’t wait to try this at night!” Koise took the ring off, and walked out as the darkness quickly faded back. “What’s the next one do?”
“Well,” said Marilyn, picking out a purple one, “This one apparently eliminates much of your fear and numbs pain as well.”
“That’d be handy for a few battles!” Koise said. Upon some consideration he then added “Although I imagine that it’d make you a bit reckless.”
“Yes, that’s why Bob didn’t let Booger use this one in the Shaelik fight. He told me that this morning, Booger offered to pop over here to get it.”
“Heheh, funny.” Koise said. “So how do we try this one out?”
“Dunno.”
After a short bit of thinking Koise thought of something.
“How about we try it on Kipo and see if she gets any less afraid of water?” he offered.
“Sounds good! Kipo, are you willing to give it a shot?”
Koise was on Marilyn’s bed staring up into the ceiling. She didn’t reply.
“Kipo?” Koise said.
Marilyn went over to her. “Kipo?!” she said, while shaking her a bit by the shoulder.
Kipo immediately freaked out and made an attempt to hit Marilyn, but missed due to Marilyn getting a fright for Kipo’s unexpected yelp.
“Sheesh!” Marilyn said. She took a moment to recuperate. “Kipo,” she said again, “Want to give it a go?”
“Give what a go?” Kipo asked.
“Huh? Weren’t you listening?”
“No, I was not.”
“Okay, well we’ve found a ring which will make you less afraid of water. Do you want to give it a go?”
“I do not believe in that sort of magic.” Kipo said. “So I do not want to get near water.”
“Aw c’mon! Please?”
“No.”
“Please?”
“No.”
“How about we try something else, less scary than water?”
Kipo didn’t reply for a few seconds.
“Jeez, she’s a bit dim isn’t she?” Scythe whispered.
‘I guess she is…’ Koise thought. She wasn’t really dim, she was quite smart, but yes, in a way she wasn’t all that good at this. At least, that’s what Koise was thinking.
“Okay, we will do that.” Kipo finally replied.
“Good!” Marilyn said. She handed Kipo the ring. She didn’t react for a few seconds, then took it and put it on. Marilyn then realized something, but she waited a bit to try it out.
“Okay…” she said, stalling for those few seconds. “Kipo, would you like to try the water test now?”
Kipo considered. She had a feeling that was odd, strange and new to her. She suddenly didn’t feel all that afraid of water. She felt reluctant and uneasy about it, yes, but she wasn’t as afraid of it as she was before. She thought about this for a moment, and discovered that she actually wanted to know what it was like to not be afraid of water, like Koise.
“Okay, we will try the test.” Kipo said.
“Great!” Marilyn said. “C’mon, follow me.”
She led them out, after gathering the other rings, and led them down the hall to the next door (away from the staircase) and inside the bathroom.
“Okay Kipo,” Marilyn asked, “What would you do if I turned the tap on?” she said, meaning the tap in the wash basin.
“I would feel nervous.” Kipo replied.
“And what would you do if I put your hands under them, under normal circumstances?”
“I would scream and get upset and feel like crying.”
Marilyn paused for a bit. She didn’t expect a reply like that.
“Really?” she asked.
“Yes.”
“Oh, erm, okay. What would you do now?”
“I do not know. I have not done it before under these circumstances, and I am not good at guessing, so I am not able to provide and accurate answer.”
“Would you like to try it?”
“Yes.”
Marilyn turned the cold tap on, and then the warm one, and tested it with her fingers. It was a bit too hot, so she turned that tap down a bit and tested again. ‘Yup, just right’ she thought. As this was happening Kipo noted with intrigue at how she didn’t feel nervous anymore when the tap was turned on.
“Okay, go.” Marilyn said.
Kipo slowly, almost reluctantly, reached over and put her hands under the tap.

The feeling Kipo felt within herself as she did this was very new, and a bit liberating, even if she couldn’t define her feeling like that. She no longer felt any of the fear and utter dislike for the water, and it did not feel incredibly uncomfortable and disorientating as the water went through her fur and touched her skin. She couldn’t speak for a few seconds due to how emotional it felt for her. Fortunately she didn’t need to speak to anyone at this moment.
She kept her hand under the tap, as she liked the feeling of not being afraid or uncomfortable.
“How is it?” Koise asked.
Kipo once again didn’t reply.
“Kipo?” Marilyn asked.
“What?” she replied.
“How does it feel?”
Kipo paused, and then said “I do not know how to describe it.”
“Oh.” Marilyn said. “Okay, now turn off the tap and dry your hands.”
“Okay.” Kipo said, and she did so.
“Now, take off the ring.”
Kipo did that too.
“How do you feel about water now?”
“Pardon?”
“How do you feel about water now that you don’t have the ring on?”
Kipo didn’t know how to answer a question like this. She didn’t get the meaning of ‘How do you feel’, because feeling is a complicated process of electric brain signals (that is how she interprets the question).
“I do not know how to answer that.” She said.
Marilyn sighed in frustration. “Would you feel nervous if I turned the tap on?”
“Yes.”
“And would you scream and upset and want to cry if I put your hands under the water?”
“Yes.” Kipo said, but she would argue that you couldn’t put your hands under the water as it flows in a stream and hits the basin, giving you no room to put your hands under it.
“Okay, so what do the other rings do?” Koise asked.
“Well,” said Marilyn, pulling out a green coloured ring, “This one allows you to see everything in slow motion.”
“What?!” Koise said in surprise, “You mean like that coolio effect in the Matrix?”
“Yeah, I guess! Thing is, it’s not like slowing down time, you still have to move as slowly as everyone else.”
“Oh I get it! Because everything’s moving so slowly you have a lightning fast reaction time!”
“Sure do! Wanna try it?”
“Give it here!” Koise said, and immediately took the ring from Marilyn and slipped it on his finger.
“Does this thing have it on all the time?”
“Only when you choose it to.”
“Sweet! Can it speed things up?”
“Nope.”
“Dammit, so I can’t skip those waits at the café!”
Marilyn gave Koise and odd glance, as did Scythe (which looked strange, as giving yourself odd glances tends to do).
“Sorry.” Koise said, and he slipped the ring on. Just by thought, he ‘activated’ slo-mo, and things instantly went slower. He moved his hand up, and instead of taking half a second, it seemed to take half a minute! Okay, not really, it took about three seconds, but you get the idea.
“Wow, this is really cool!” he said, but of course that took longer as well (although his voice didn’t become lower to him as you’d expect it to be, just stretched out longer).
“Heheh, you’re talking a bit fast!” Marilyn said. It was true, while Koise wasn’t talking super-fast, he did talk a little bit faster than normal, as a result of experiencing everything slower than normal. To add to Marilyn’s amusement was the fact that technically it was Scythe talking fast.
Of course for Koise, this panned out a longer than he would have liked. When Marilyn finished, he got out of slo-mo.
“That’s wicked,” Koise said, “can’t wait to try that out in my next fight! What else have you got?”
“This last one is the most curious.” Marilyn said, replacing the green ring Koise had just given back to her with an orange one.
“How so?”
“Well apparently, it gives you luck.”
“What?” Koise said in disbelief.
“Apparently is the key term.”
“Maybe with that Koise’ll bugger off.” Scythe said
“Oy.” Koise replied. “How could we test that?”
“Well, I have a few things we could try out in my room.”
The three and a half of them walked back to Marilyn’s room.
“Okay,” she said, going into another drawer of her dresser, “I’ve got a pack of cards here.”
“Yeah.” Koise replied.
“Now, see if you can pull out all the Aces, shuffling it after each draw.”
“Sure, right.” Koise said in humorous disbelief. He picked up the pack and shuffled it, then picked out a card and threw it on top of the dresser. The Ace of Clubs. Koise shuffled the pack again, the picked out another card.
Ace of Diamonds. Koise gave a bit of a chuckle and shuffled once again. He drew a card and onto the table it went.
Ace of Hearts.
Koise stared in mild disbelief.
He shuffled one last time, this time very thoroughly, and then picked out a card. He then reconsidered and picked out a different one.

Ace of Spades (and Koise’s favourite).

“No way!” he said.
“Yes way if this has anything to say about it!” Marilyn said.
“Got anything else?”
“Yup. I’ve got a darts set in my wardrobe.”. She went in and set it up.
“Okay, this time throw the darts at the board, but make them hit the center in a formation to make a triangle.”
“This is never gonna work.” Koise said. He gathered the three darts and threw the first one. It landed in the bottom left corner of the circle. He braced himself, and then threw the second. Bottom right.
Koise started getting doubts about this. He positioned himself, and then threw the final dart.

It stuck itself at the top of the center target of the board, and combined with the other two darts this made a triangle formation.
“No freaking way!!” Koise exclaimed as Marilyn got the darts back. “How long does this last?”
“Well Bob said his research led him to believe that it lasts a while, but the amount of luck you get decreases over time until it has little to no effect at all.”
“So how do you get the luck back then?”
“Just not using it, apparently.”
“So, what other knick-knacks have you got for us?”
“This last one is a pair of earrings.” Marilyn said, getting them out. They were very simple in design, just a little piercing ring on a small chain which ended in a spherical gem of a green-yellow hue.
“And what do they do?”
“I was getting to that! One person put it on one ear, and a second puts it on the other. It has to be inverted ears, so if one has it on their left ear, the other has to have it on their right, otherwise it won’t work and they’ll just be earrings.”
“What happens if you put them both on?”
“Nothing.”
“Oh, okay, so what do they do?”
“Well, it enables to two wearers to speak to each other telepathically, and they also instinctively know where the other person is.”
“Cool! Will they even know the name of the place?”
“No, but they get a ‘feeling’ of where they are. It’s a bit like how you ‘just know’ where things are. It’s like an impulse sort of feeling.”
“So you’ve tried them before have you?”
“Well…”
“On who?”
“…my cat.”
“What?!”
“My cat freaked out when I told it to go to the lounge.” Marilyn continued, “Ah well, at least by being freaked out she ran TO the lounge.”
“Okay, give the stuff here, we’ll get back to Bob’s. If they haven’t found the solution to get me out of Scythe-”
“Pray that it won’t come to that.” Scythe interrupted,
“-Then at least we may be able to help them out.”
Marilyn was actually looking forward to having Koise out of Scythe. Not only did she like him better out of her, but she found it a bit annoying that she had to talk to Scythe to talk to Koise. She handed Koise the rings and the earrings and he stashed them in his backpack.

Meanwhile, Booger and Bob were in Bob’s basement, going through the seemingly thousands of books on the shelves. The basement was lined with bookcases which Bob kept all of his research, and much more of those from others. The amount of them was mind boggling, and Booger wasn’t apt for reading even a pamphlet in the mail, and now he had to help Bob look through what was probably in excess of 200 books!
“So,” Booger said, as he was flicking through a book, “we’ve got over 200 books at our disposal and research, all compiled from the greatest magical mind the world has ever known, over a time period of a thousand years…”
“Yeah, so?” Bob said
“…and you’re telling me NONE of them have a contents page?!”
“They probably didn’t invent those yet!”
“More likely that they didn’t invent common sense yet. In fact I doubt they have an index page either! Dear God, this is going to be tough!”
“Keep going,” Bob said, “Complaining will only make it worse.”
“Yeah, well at least it passes the time!”
Booger and Bob had been at it for a while, and what didn’t help was that none of the books had titles on the covers or spines either. Booger had also come across such interesting book titles as Ancient Ruins for worshipping Lemmings, How to take Proper Care of Your Friend Turned Toad and Magic and Puberty, what NOT to do. Booger had a particular interest in one called Magical Pranks for April Fools, which he put away in a place he wouldn’t forget it.
Kipo, Marilyn and Scythe/Koise came in about ten minutes after this.
“It’s about time!” Booger said, “What took you so long?”
“Marilyn gave us a short walk around her house and back yard.” Koise said.
“It was boring as hell.” Scythe said, “I already knew where everything was.”
Marilyn gave her a detesting glance.
“So how’re you two going on the research. Got anything?”
“Well the closest I got was a guide on how to find a Unicorn.” Booger said
“Mine was a complete encyclopedia of all the smells emitted from noxious spells.” Bob added.
“Jeez,” Marilyn said, “And how much of the library do you think you’ve gone through?”
Bob took a rough estimate.
“2%”
“2 percent?!” Scythe exclaimed, “How the hell are we going to find it then?! I’d like to be back to my normal self before I turn 20, thank you.” It should be noted that Scythe is 17.
“Well, we’d better get cracking.” Koise said, “We’ll likely get to 6 or 7% by the end of the day if we do this quick.”
“If it goes by those calculations,” Kipo said, “Then it would take approximately 15.3846 days to go through the entire library.”
There was a pause of silence.
“Did she really just figure that out?” Booger asked.
“Probably.” Marilyn said.
“Thanks Kipo, that’s a great help to our morale.” Booger said sarcastically.
“You are welcome.” Kipo replied.
Booger shook his head and got back to reading an article about lubing your tractor using charmed fungi.

It was late in the afternoon, and the entire gang was weary from all that reading. Kipo frequently got distracted and would stop reading, so the gang decided that it’d be best if she did her own thing instead of reading. Koise, however, would let Kipo read through any articles that involved magnets, and to his surprise Kipo jumped to them like a duck to water.
Anyway, Koise was rummaging around his backpack for his water bottle when he saw what could possibly be the solution.
“Flitch!!” Koise exclaimed
“What, what is it?” Bob asked, “Did you find the article?”
“Nope, but I found a way to make it damned easier!”
Scythe was also excited about it is well, but said nothing.
“What is it?” Bob asked excitedly
“The Luck Ring!” Koise said, pulling it out.
There was a short pause before Bob said “Brilliant!!”
“Why couldn’t we have thought of that before?!” Booger complained
“Dunno, but all our problems are, for now, all over!” Koise said, and he slipped the ring on. “Okay, lets see here…” Koise said, picking out a book. It was a dark green colour, a little bit worn, but all in all in good shape. He opened it up and turned a few pages and…

How thought-out is the explanation in the book?
A) Pretty thorough, if it were in modern times it'd have GPS co-ordinates with it.
B) Brief, but to the point
C) Doesn't matter, the pages are ripped out.

In a way
We all go there

Juliette
Veteran
Veteran

07 May 2007, 5:10 pm

Welcome Back :)! B