Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

TheLeondude
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2020, 5:33 pm

And what is this animated series, you ask? Just a little thing named The Autistic World Of The Autist (or TAWOTA for short). And, as one can tell by the title, every character is on the autism spectrum. Bit of an odd concept but I'm proud to be on the spectrum so I thought why not make a series about it. Here's what I currently made so far:

If anyone's interested, here's the URL to the Casting Call Club page:

https://www.castingcall.club/projects/tawota

Or, if you like, you could send your auditions to my email address:

[email protected]

Here's a list of characters you can audition for:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_5g ... sp=sharing

And here are some character descriptions and lines:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Du6 ... sp=sharing

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 5:40 pm

Some pertinent questions:

1) Where is the voice-over studio located?

2) What is 'scale' at that location?

3) Have you obtained Alex's permission to use his website to issue your casting call?

Thank you.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

TheLeondude
Butterfly
Butterfly

15 Jun 2020, 5:47 pm

To answer your first two questions, the whole thing is online. There's no physical studio.

As for your last question, I didn't think I needed permission.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 5:52 pm

Click on the "Advertising on WrongPlanet" link in the lower-right corner of your screen.  You will find a few paragraphs down the following statement:

Alex wrote:
Advertising Rates

Ad Impressions

Leaderboard, skyscraper, or medium rectangle ads at $15 CPM are a great way to build brand awareness in the autism community. Buy monthly campaigns on Wrong Planet in blocks of 50,000 impressions ($750).

Contact Alex about Advertising!

To buy ads on Wrong Planet, contact Alex Plank: [email protected]. I can arrange special deals for new customers.

Sponsored Article

A sponsored article is the best way you can raise brand awareness in the autism community. You can purchase a sponsored article for $2700-$3700.

No love for Hamas, Hezbollah, Iranian Leadership, Islamic Jihad, other Islamic terrorist groups, OR their supporters and sympathizers.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 6:11 pm

TheLeondude wrote:
To answer your first two questions, the whole thing is online. There's no physical studio. As for your last question, I didn't think I needed permission.
You answered only my last question.

What is the physical location of your production studio -- what city/country is it in?

Do you even know what 'scale' is, or are you just looking for free labor?

It's what is paid to equity (union) actors -- an average of $35.97 (U.S.) per hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In many cases, a non-equity (non-union) actor earns a flat rate of as little as $200 (U.S.) per week, provided they are on-set during the entire shooting schedule for that week.

Redd_Kross
Veteran
Veteran

15 Jun 2020, 9:02 pm

Fnord wrote:

What is the physical location of your production studio -- what city/country is it in?

It's what is paid to equity (union) actors -- an average of $35.97 (U.S.) per hour, according to the Bureau of Labor Statistics. In many cases, a non-equity (non-union) actor earns a flat rate of as little as $200 (U.S.) per week, provided they are on-set during the entire shooting schedule for that week.

Doesn't that depend on whether the project is amateur / not-for-profit? I rather doubt the members of my local village dramatic group are all signed up Equity members. :roll:

TheLeondude
Butterfly
Butterfly

16 Jun 2020, 4:10 am

Fnord wrote:

What production studio? I just work on my laptop at my house in Wales.

And yes, I am looking for free labour.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

23 Jun 2020, 11:40 pm

I already submitted myself and never heard back. Oh well. This happened a lot in casting calls in facebook groups for actors.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Fnord
Veteran
Veteran

24 Jun 2020, 8:02 am

League_Girl wrote:
I already submitted myself and never heard back. Oh well. This happened a lot in casting calls in facebook groups for actors.
This is also common in on-line scams.

Even more common after submitting your profile and headshot for casting is getting calls from people trying to sell time-shares, burial plots, insurance, et cetera.

TheLeondude
Butterfly
Butterfly

26 Jun 2020, 6:52 am

League_Girl wrote:

Sorry I haven't responded. Been busy with promotional shorts. Did you submit the audition to the Casting Call Club page or was it through email? Either way, I'll be sure to check your audition out.