Page 16 of 16 [ 248 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 2:25 pm

Emily is amazed by the strength and majesty of her new friend as she flutters gracefully from her back and lights upon the bramble of home turf. She begs the Taniwha to stay, such that they might become better acquainted. "Might I read you a few lines of Chaucer?" the little duck asks with considerable astonishment, seeing all at once the magnificent form of her large yet loving champion glide mysteriously toward the moonlight. There is no reply, and in an instant the Taniwha is gone.

Was this but a dream?

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jan 2019, 2:59 pm

With a flourish of his lovely russet tail Zandrian suddenly scurries down a small tree with a bunch of crunchy nuts, almost making Emily jump out of her feathers.
"Taniwha was here," says Z, "but the thought of medieval poetry scared her off. Try her with some Eliot, or even "Snake" by DH Lawrence."
He dashes playfully across to sample some of the mass of sweet ripe berries.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 3:03 pm

Emily is stupefied. "Snake?!..." She never would have guessed, but this makes perfect sense. She sets off to find Quackenbush and his large, Lawrencian library. She knows that he will help.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

05 Jan 2019, 3:05 pm

Quackenbush hears the reference to Chaucer in the distance. Realizing that the voice who uttered it was Emily, he experienced a sudden gush of gladness.

HE wanted to save her! HE wanted to be the hero!

Quickly, though, he sidestepped his ego, and felt glad Emily was saved, by whatever means.

envirozentinel
Forum Moderator
Forum Moderator

05 Jan 2019, 3:12 pm

Now replete, Zandrian licks the last few morsels from his chops. He smooths his fur then retreats to a hollow log for a long nap, it being his bedtime.
He will be assured of sweet dreams of Taniwha, snakes which mean no harm, cozy cats and downy ducks.

my blog:
https://sentinel63.wordpress.com/

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 12:39 am

Jessie has hidden beneath a bush, sick with fear and shame. She has been tormenting lizards and now this...giant lizard with wings has been swooping about doing amazing and heroic things. She is scared to come out as she knows that tormenting lizards is a very bad thing to do and she doesn't want her new friends knowing what a wicked cat she can be.

Jessie begins to sing softly I am a rock I am and I-I-Island ...and a rock feels no pain, and an island never (sniffle) ..cries

AQ 40
ASD-1

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 7:17 am

Indeed, islands (sniff) never c-- But Lo! What is this? Emily is in her little dream-world thinking of Mr Arthur Garfunkel, and wondering whether he'd enjoy a stalwart pet duck when suddenly, she hears and beholds a scuffle! That can't be Jessie tormenting lizards! Jessie would nev -- ... But yet, she is! Surely, Emily is seeing things in her sleepy, post-Taniwhaian fatigue! She rubs her eyes with her wing tips and looks again but the giant lizard is clearly swooping!

feeli0
Veteran
Veteran

11 Jan 2019, 3:56 pm

Jessie Jessie! Booms the Taniwha, her voice deep and melodic, You must not torment these little creatures! They have as much right to scamper freely and without fear as you do! Look into my eyes Jessie!

Jessie trembles and hesitantly lifts her head to stare into the Taniwha's golden orbs. She feels ...something... as if something is being pulled out of her, and a sweet peace descends gently upon her. Jessie feels truly sorry, but for the first time also feels that she can change...

AQ 40
ASD-1