Page 4 of 16 [ 254 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 16  Next

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 1:44 am

Heather,

Unfortunately, the man attempting to destroy the garbage truck and the Ant cadaver is dead. His brain burnt itself out. I haven't found him on any of the profiles on file, but I'm pretty sure he is from Shiva. So far, nothing on the Ant Noble. For goodness' sake, don't touch anything within the SEP field. I'll be there as soon as the tests are complete.

Mikhail Raleigh

((I personally think that was powerplaying.))

On sabbatical...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 1:57 am

Quatermass wrote:
Heather,

Unfortunately, the man attempting to destroy the garbage truck and the Ant cadaver is dead. His brain burnt itself out. I haven't found him on any of the profiles on file, but I'm pretty sure he is from Shiva. So far, nothing on the Ant Noble. For goodness' sake, don't touch anything within the SEP field. I'll be there as soon as the tests are complete.

Mikhail Raleigh

((I personally think that was powerplaying.))

((I'm sorry. I won't do it again :())

Heather sighed and threw the letter down on her bed. Should she mention her connection to the Ape Lord?

"HEATHER! SEVEN IS ON THE PHONE!" her mother screeched.

Heather walked downstairs. R'ae was playing with Heather's little sister. Heather sighed again, and spoke.

"Hello Lord Seven." she said.

"Darling, you don't have to be all official with me. Anyway, I have business to discuss with you. I know about Jamal's death. At least, that's who I've been told was the victim. He's the Ant ambassador for our conferences." Seven told her.

"I er..........umm........." Heather went white.

"Co-operate with the Adjudicator who is on the case. As soon as you hang up here, get in contact with him. Tell him everything I have told you. Give him my comm code too. We need to figure this out. Right now, if anyone finds out, the finger of blame will rest on me, or any of my Ape subjects. Most of the people who know about the merger (the lords who will probably be demoted to accomidate) are against it, Ape and And alike. This is bad news." Seven said.

"Whatever. Why would they blame you?" Heather asked.

"BECAUSE OF THE RUMOURS." Seven barked. "Look, give my name to the Adjudicator and tell him to contact me when you can. I have to go and discuss this with the advisors. Ciao."

Heather breathed a sigh of relief. Their discussions were often lengthy at best, and she hated them.

She called Mikhail.

"We need to talk. I have information. Where can we meet?" she left him a message.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 2:07 am

He sent another letter.

At the disposal center.

After sending it, he walked back to the disposal center and deactivated the alarm around the SEP field. And waited.

On sabbatical...

Vashna
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

17 May 2008, 2:25 am

With that, his mind started to escape him. He was no longer here. In fact, he was too in a far distance place in space and time that could not be described as the morgue in even the most remote details. Rather, his eyes beheld a field of blue soil.

This planet was clearly not of a common sort, and this soil flashed a number of vibrant hues in the crystalline sunlight. He gulped as he stood up over the ridge, glaring down at the stench of death mixing with the misty fog swirling about the horizon line of the foreign, alien world. Shaking his head, he tried to reach down the ridge though the dirt quickly gave out and he skidded down with a bit of a jolt to his legs.

A buzzer rang, signifying that he had arrived in the system which erupted in such activity. Thankfully too; he was now able to escape the prison that his mind had placed him in.

And he would be free to run about.

Ready to..join the others...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 7:36 am

Quatermass wrote:
He sent another letter.

At the disposal center.

After sending it, he walked back to the disposal center and deactivated the alarm around the SEP field. And waited.

Heather quickly excused herself. She was about to run out onto the street, when she noticed the thick smog.

'Uh-oh. I think we might have to leave the planet early this season.' she thought. She grabbed her hover-board and took off towards the disposal centre.

She got there, and saw Mikhail and his alarm thingy.

She approached him.

"Before I start, you might want to send a call to Lord Seven of the Apes. He already knows. I didn't say anything." she started, throwing up her huge paws.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

17 May 2008, 5:33 pm

He muttered an expletive. "Everything's leaking. Alright, what's the communication's signature?"

((I'm assuming that Heather gave it to Mikhail))

Now back at his ship, he called up the Sapient Ape known as Seven.

Mikhail could have opened communications with protocol. But if he was told to contact this guy out of the blue, then it meant that this guy knew something.

"This is Adjudicator Mikhail Raleigh. I have a dead Ant Noble here, and you know something about it."

Besides, he didn't particularly care for protocol.

On sabbatical...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 12:05 am

Quatermass wrote:
He muttered an expletive. "Everything's leaking. Alright, what's the communication's signature?"

((I'm assuming that Heather gave it to Mikhail))

Now back at his ship, he called up the Sapient Ape known as Seven.

Mikhail could have opened communications with protocol. But if he was told to contact this guy out of the blue, then it meant that this guy knew something.

"This is Adjudicator Mikhail Raleigh. I have a dead Ant Noble here, and you know something about it."

Besides, he didn't particularly care for protocol.

"That would be my ambassador." groaned Seven. "Tell me, is there a silicon chip anywhere on his person? Please tell me it's still there!"

Heather meanwhile, started gathering up her office and moving it into the Taker. She'd sent a message to her family to start packing too. She was almost certain the seasonal fires were going to come early.

"And Adjudicator, make sure Heather is safe." Seven quickly added. "She told me the fires this year might be early, which is odd."

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 12:31 am

"I'm sorry, Seven, but there is no chip. Nothing was detected during the autopsy procedures." Then, it struck him. That was why the decapitation took place. The best place to hide the chip would be in the Ant!

"Seven, I believe the chip was already removed before the Ant was dumped. Someone knew it was there. They removed the head and extracted it. I found extreme internal displacement in the skull, but I thought that was due to the energy weapon used to kill the Ant. Damn!"

He looked at the Ape. "I'll need full disclosure once I get to your position. I'll make sure Heather gets off-world fine, but after that, I'm afraid she'll have to go by herself. Adjudicator out!"

He ran out of the Spilsbury XXXVII and ran for the disposal depot. He found Heather packing the garbage ship. Without a word, he started a scan spell over the area, now looking for anything else.

And there it was.

"Heather, don't do a thing. We have another bomb. That *****rd must have set a second one to make sure."

He scraped away the rubble to reveal another thermite bomb, this one very much active, and ticking down. With only 5 minutes to go...

On sabbatical...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 6:09 am

Quatermass wrote:
"I'm sorry, Seven, but there is no chip. Nothing was detected during the autopsy procedures." Then, it struck him. That was why the decapitation took place. The best place to hide the chip would be in the Ant!

"Seven, I believe the chip was already removed before the Ant was dumped. Someone knew it was there. They removed the head and extracted it. I found extreme internal displacement in the skull, but I thought that was due to the energy weapon used to kill the Ant. Damn!"

He looked at the Ape. "I'll need full disclosure once I get to your position. I'll make sure Heather gets off-world fine, but after that, I'm afraid she'll have to go by herself. Adjudicator out!"

He ran out of the Spilsbury XXXVII and ran for the disposal depot. He found Heather packing the garbage ship. Without a word, he started a scan spell over the area, now looking for anything else.

And there it was.

"Heather, don't do a thing. We have another bomb. That *****rd must have set a second one to make sure."

He scraped away the rubble to reveal another thermite bomb, this one very much active, and ticking down. With only 5 minutes to go...

"Want me to clear everyone out? I can just mention the fact that the seasons are off, that will get everyone off the planet and out to Coal." she asked.

Meanwhile, Seven was in a panic. He didn't know whether to call his Ant friend or not.

He rushed outside, where he was attacked.

A figure that he could barely make out shot at him with an energy gun. Obviously the attacker didn't realise that all that would do was seriously burn the Ape, because he seemed shocked that the Lord of the Apes got up. So he smacked him over the head and ran.

When Seven came to, he was in a hospital.

To his joy, Heather was there.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 6:16 am

((Kezzstar, a thermite bomb will merely destroy the depot. It basically burns thermite, which is a welding substance that creates ultra-intense temperatures. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermite

Basically, it would explode, scatter thermite bomblets, and then cause a lot of fires.))

On sabbatical...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 6:21 am

Quatermass wrote:
((Kezzstar, a thermite bomb will merely destroy the depot. It basically burns thermite, which is a welding substance that creates ultra-intense temperatures. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thermite

Basically, it would explode, scatter thermite bomblets, and then cause a lot of fires.))

((Considering how uneducated Heather is about bombs, and the fact that for 2 weeks every year the entire planet turns into a fireball, I think she can be forgiven for making that error.))

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 6:38 am

"Okay, this is where this comes in real handy." Mikhail then concentrated. Blue light swirled around his hands, and ice began to form.

"HIEMS!" he yelled, and the ice flared out of his hands, covering the bomb in ice. The electronics were not designed to stand up to the arctic temperatures localising themselves around it. The bomb gave one pathetic beep, and then died.

Mikhail then pulled a hammer out of a nearby shelf and started cracking the casing open, each swing startling Heather.

"It's alright. It's frozen." he said as the bomb casing shattered, revealing half-a-dozen bomblets, still frozen. He carefully took each one apart, and stored the thermite powder in a special thermoregulated container.

"There. Relatively harmless. The electronics are broken now, and the only thing that will set that bomb off will be extreme heat. So I suggest you place it somewhere where the fire will set it off, but it won't hurt anyone. And now, to talk to Seven...."

((Assume, Kezzstar, that I am still in transit while you're with Seven in the hospital.))

On sabbatical...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 6:46 am

Quatermass wrote:
"Okay, this is where this comes in real handy." Mikhail then concentrated. Blue light swirled around his hands, and ice began to form.

"HIEMS!" he yelled, and the ice flared out of his hands, covering the bomb in ice. The electronics were not designed to stand up to the arctic temperatures localising themselves around it. The bomb gave one pathetic beep, and then died.

Mikhail then pulled a hammer out of a nearby shelf and started cracking the casing open, each swing startling Heather.

"It's alright. It's frozen." he said as the bomb casing shattered, revealing half-a-dozen bomblets, still frozen. He carefully took each one apart, and stored the thermite powder in a special thermoregulated container.

"There. Relatively harmless. The electronics are broken now, and the only thing that will set that bomb off will be extreme heat. So I suggest you place it somewhere where the fire will set it off, but it won't hurt anyone. And now, to talk to Seven...."

((Assume, Kezzstar, that I am still in transit while you're with Seven in the hospital.))

Heather was pacing, waiting for Mikhail to arrive.

"Darling, you're making me dizzy." Seven touched her paw. Thank goodness R'ae wasn't there, she would have known her friend was blushing under the fur.

She was falling for the Lord of the Apes. Which she had never wanted to do. Seven had taken her to see King Genuine once, and that had been a disaster. She loved her garbage collecting.

"I'm sorry my Lord." she mumbled.

"How many times have I told you not to call me that?" Seven smiled. "We're engaged."

"Yeah, I know...." Heather sat down beside the bed, and sighed.

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

18 May 2008, 6:49 am

Mikahil had just recieved the news about Seven being hospitalised. Someone was determined to screw things up.

((Is the hospital on a space ship, space station, or a planet?))

On sabbatical...

Kezzstar
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 1:42 am

Quatermass wrote:
Mikahil had just recieved the news about Seven being hospitalised. Someone was determined to screw things up.

((the Noble Planet.))

Quatermass
Veteran
Veteran

19 May 2008, 2:01 am

Kezzstar wrote:
Quatermass wrote:

((the Noble Planet.))

Mikhail hated going to the Noble Planet. Too much protocol. He put on his black trench-coat with the Adjudicator insignia, a stylised Hamlet holding up Yorick's head, with the motto encircling it:

Silenti etc narro. Nos audio.

Not that this lot could be bothered to listen, anyway.

After some harrying of hospital officials who didn't like a rather scruffy looking Adjudicator entering the Hospital catering to the Nobles, a near encounter with a security guard who thought that the Cone of Silence device was a bomb, and nearly being run over by a Pachyd on a gurney being pushed to an operating table, he finally reached the room where Seven was being held.

Thankfully, the guards here had been with the program and let Mikhail in with little fuss. Before Heather or Seven could say anything, Mikhail held up a hand, then activated a brief Scan for wiretaps. Only a few present. SOP for a hospital frequented by the Nobles. But then again, so was this.

He pulled a device like the mutant offspring between a landmine and a loudspeaker. Seven knew what it was straight away, a Cone of Silence, or a sonic dampener. Sounds entering the field would be diffused, so communication in and out of the field was impossible except through visual communication. He knew that the camera was recording this, but again, Cone of Silences were used fairly regularly, especially when an Adjudicator was involved. The guard must've been relatively new.

He then pulled out an audio recorder. "This is Adjudicator Mikhail Raleigh, Independent Register Number UIY-2249, questioning Ape Lord Sir Seven, in the Main Hospital of the Noble Planet, relative dateline attached."

He then turned to Seven. Heather was within the Cone of Silence, and could hear the conversation. "Now, if you'll waive protocol for the moment, I think we can get to business immediately. Firstly, I need to know about this alliance between the Ants and the Apes."

On sabbatical...