Page 154 of 154 [ 2451 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 150, 151, 152, 153, 154

DeepHour
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:42 pm

IsabellaLinton wrote:
In an arch by his chair laid a big pink b***h, guarding a swarm of small noisy pups; and additional dogs lay within that spot.

'Attritional dogs', you must know also.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

10 Dec 2021, 8:55 pm

Yup! ^

Such an individual in his arm-chair, his mug of stout frothing on a round tray by his dog, is known in any circuit of four to six thousand yards among our hills, if you walk at a good clip past dusk. But Mr Moorcliff forms a singular contrast to his parlour, and form of living.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2023, 1:13 am

How's it going? I'm just going to put my stuff away and lay down on my pillow with rain sounds splashing around on my windows and roof until I stop typing this post. Today is Saturday so I'll go downstairs to hang Christmas lights and build a big pillow fort with old quilts and doonas as its four walls. I can't put all my soft pillows in it but I can still find ways for it to look cool and calm with lighting, music, and many squishy cushions. I'll do that as my laundry is going and I wait to dry my stuff.

Do you think you can add to that funny rant again, or will you say that your day is too busy? I thought it was thoroughly silly or sarcastic, but it also had many valid quips about all of that hypocrisy from that dynamic duo. I'll add to it if you and I join him at lunch but I'm still kind of shy about going without my dog. I could add two parts if I don't go but I think I can find a way to put four if I go by bus. Your charcoal drawings always add so much flair to our work, too. I'd call that kind of artwork "classy" but I know you don't want a lot of fancy words in our introduction or any of its main links.

I'm fighting to stay up but I can't, so bonsoir mon ami. I'll call you around noon.