Page 2 of 3 [ 38 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 2:44 pm

I would not hesitate to ask a lesbian for a date. The worse that can happen is to get rejected but what if she accepts??

t0
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 3:27 pm

russian wrote:
long hair is nice in cold climates.

Depends. Our climate is cold this time of year and my wife prefers her hair short. It dries really fast after washing and she can wear a warm hat without getting much of a hat-head. Since she tends to the ranch while I work in town, she ends up outside in the cold quite a bit.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 4:53 pm

garyww wrote:
I would not hesitate to ask a lesbian for a date. The worse that can happen is to get rejected but what if she accepts??

If she accepted that would be a big indicator that she isn't lesbian. Which would mean you had a straight gal on your hands. :D

Xelebes
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 6:56 pm

russian wrote:
long hair is nice in cold climates. It keeps the back of your neck warm. That is why russians have longer hair than Europeans. Check photos of Russians from before 1917.

Native Canadians are similar. In the older times, the only ones who didn't have long hair were the warriors but even they kept patches of their hair long (re: mohawk, braided bangs.)

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2009, 7:28 pm

Just because a girl might subscribe to a lesbian preference doesn't mean that she doesn't like guys. life is a wonderment and we all have a lot to learn from experiencing it.

emroidious
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 Jan 2009, 10:58 pm

Sexuality is a pretty confusing thing these days and I don't think hair length has anything to do with it as far as girls go. One of my more recent girlfriends had only been with girls before she met me and she looked like a classically "straight" girl. She did girly things, went to the mall all the time and fretted like a girl in high school on prom night. Low and behold, she left me for a girl a couple months into the relationship and It wasn't because she didn't like men (actually it was related to a lot of my aspie symptoms :cry:, another reason why I decided to get a diagnosis, so i can warn girls of my oddities beforehand). Before her, I was with a girl who actually had a shaved head. She was extremely cute, but she liked the feeling of a shaved head. She'd only been with guys and was not interested in girls whatsoever. So as far as my experiences go, I can't even tell what type of relationship a girl prefers judging by their looks.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 12:03 am

Xelebes wrote:
russian wrote:
long hair is nice in cold climates. It keeps the back of your neck warm. That is why russians have longer hair than Europeans. Check photos of Russians from before 1917.

Native Canadians are similar. In the older times, the only ones who didn't have long hair were the warriors but even they kept patches of their hair long (re: mohawk, braided bangs.)

It's extremely cold where I live yet plenty of folks both men and women keep their hair short year round. Wearing hoodies is really popular here and that's what I wear and don't get a cold neck. Unless you stand outside you're not going to get that cold anyway. Even when I'm outside in the snow I seldom bundle up because shoveling snow works up a sweat fast.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 3:39 pm

because lesbianism is a "lifestyle"...a lifestyle separate from the straight world where it is feminine to vainly fuss with your hair and where hair is sexually attractive to men. Straight women spend a ridiculous amount of time to appear physically attractive to men instead of working on their minds. Smart women undermine the dominance of men where long nails (not being able to punch but only stratch like a feline), dresses (only able to ride side-saddle) and high heels (not being able to run or get very far) keep the male dominant. Lesbians and the feminist movement has turned that upside down. Lesbians drove the sexual revolution not just
for themselves but for all females. Straight females were involved too but the lesbians needed this moreso because they refused to fall back on a man...but in the old days, many did and NOBODY knew. 8O But in short, lesbains have cues to alert other lesbians...for example, here we are, we are the same. In the 70's the cue was short hair, dirty sneakers, clean, pressed jeans, clean white t-shirt, keys attached to belt loop, one earing, men's wrist watch,
and leather bracelets. (In Philadelphia anyway) It's all about safety in numbers. That's the rule of life: get with your own people! I mean that in the "psychological" sense...nothing to do with race, ethnicity or religion. I'm happiest around other aspies.

Last edited by RightGalaxy on 11 Jan 2009, 2:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 5:12 pm

I believe straight women dress and primp to impress other women and not men.

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 6:01 pm

This is me:
I am not a lesbian.

garyww wrote:
I believe straight women dress and primp to impress other women and not men.

I think so too. It is most odd.

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)

slowmutant
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 6:38 pm

garyww wrote:

If she's a lesbian, she won't. Duh.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 11:32 pm

Don't be so sure.

Ticker
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 3:11 am

I agree that straight women mainly dress to please other women. Its one of those social status NT things. Though there is the exception of a low cut blouse or dress or anything else that draws attention to the breasts which is obviously to get male attention.

I always found it frustrating in my younger years I would spend hours on makeup, hair and clothes and try to look pretty only to have other lesbians pass me by at the GLBT dances or at gay bars. When I frequented this gay bar back East I regularly was approached by men. Its so frustrating! I'm convinced lesbians are all crazy because they say they are attracted to women but if you look like a woman they don't want you. These days the game has changed and many of the young lesbians are very feminine and pretty. Some look like models. I'm just too old to play in their game though. I constantly find myself these days having to hold my temper and not blow up on some innocent guy who starts flirting with me. It just makes me mad that no matter how feminine or butch I look I always attract men. I've even gone out in completely mens clothes and wallet and other dykes ignore me. I've given up on dating and also understanding others.

garyww
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jan 2009, 12:39 pm

Most of my friends are lesbians. In general I find them to be far more interesting than hetero women and unlike gay men lesbians tend to appreciate their history.
I think I'll start a separate thread about this instead of diluting this one.

falcorn
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

12 Jan 2009, 7:20 pm

because they want to be men, same reason why some gay people wear girl clothes they want to be chicks

other people are straight and want to be girls, not that i am one of those guys *looks around

Greyhound
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jan 2009, 6:09 am

falcorn wrote:
because they want to be men, same reason why some gay people wear girl clothes they want to be chicks

That is a misconception.

And females are not 'chicks' :x

Dodgy circuitry! Diagnosed: Tourette syndrome. Suspected: auditory processing disorder, synaesthesia. Also: social and organisation problems. Heteroromantic asexual (though still exploring)