Chaos theory topic

My youngest NT daughter, to answer your question! :lol:

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

NTIDAS
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

09 Jan 2009, 1:53 am

The only time I clean and keep things clean and tidy is when I'm properly medicated.

I find that I'm also able to work on writing my book, do dishes and housework, work on personal projects and play games without getting too frustrated.

My attitude is superb and everyone in the house is happy as a result.

When I am not properly medicated, things can get a little rough. I don't clean very well, if at all. It's difficult to get me to do dishes, clean or cook. I don't like to bathe, shower or get wet. I don't eat well because of nausea. My anxiety is constant and ever present about everything. My attitude pretty much destroys the household attitude and there's a lot of grumpiness throughout the days.

Needless to say, I tend to keep myself medicated.

RightGalaxy
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 3:43 pm

I follow the advice of a much cherished, deceased auntie: Why clean? It's only going to get dirty again. Better to head off to the library and learn something...unless the Board of Health is banging at your door. :oops:

mixtapebooty
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

09 Jan 2009, 8:22 pm

I have to force myself to clean my apt. I am often totally avoiding it.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

09 Jan 2009, 9:28 pm

My mother often tells me my room is a wreck. But I don't notice, I think it looks rather nice. The only thing that might be bothersome is the fact that I have stacks of books, notebooks, etc. on my bed and I always sleep with them all piled up around me because I like being around them. It's just more comfortable.

Otherwise when I get something out I often leave it without putting it back, especially food. My mother has given up trying to make me clean up after myself. No matter how much she reminds me it never crosses my mind.

Eschatar
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

09 Jan 2009, 10:09 pm

My personal spaces tend to be very cluttered. My desk at work, and most of the basement at home. I think I am actually more comfortable in a cluttered mess, as long as it's MY cluttered mess.

broben05
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

11 Jan 2009, 1:10 am

I live a fairly cluttered and unkempt lifestyle. I have had room where I just throw clothing and other things on the floor. I have a closet and I have a bar filled with empty hangers and a floor with a stack of all sorts of things. But I have one thing which I am somewhat obsessive about cleaning my car. I detail it whenever I can and try to wash it whenever it gets a bit dirty. I'll spend 6 hours detailing my car from steam cleaning carpets to polishing and waxing yet, I won't spend five minutes hanging up clothing, or any of the other stuff on my floor.

murasaki_ahiru
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

14 Jan 2009, 10:04 pm

Im can be lazy when it comes to cleaning my room. Nearly 27 and my mum stills gives me grief about it. Get over it.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

16 Jan 2009, 12:56 am

I don't clean up as often as I used too. I take it less seriously while still doing it occasionally.

Mutanatia
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

16 Jan 2009, 1:04 am

anna-banana wrote:
cleaning the fridge is also something I should do more often. when I run out of space I take a big bin-bag and after a few minutes it's full with empty containers that I've been keeping in the fridge for ages.

OMG...my room is littered with old pages of calendars i've use, empty water bottles, etc. :lol:

MoisaiCalliope
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jan 2009, 12:47 am

katiemonster wrote:
I'm a complete disaster when it comes to house keeping. I don't have a lot of stuff, but I used to. I'd let everything pile up and then go completely OCD and arrange and clear out everything. My daughter is the same way (we're very much the same) she really could care less and then get a spark of energy and organize EVERYTHING.

But other than the random cleaning binges... it gets pretty bad.

OMG so funny...I am exactly that way. It drives my husband crazy. Now that I have a 21 month old though it is getting a little better.

Keeno
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 11:00 am

I am not the tidiest person, but I feel confident and sure that I can bring people to my home and things would be perfectly habitable for them.

Untidiness of home and living space is common in Aspies. I have found it is often extreme. Executive dysfunction is indeed the reason.

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 1:44 pm

I am one of the most organized, cleanest people there is.

zen_mistress
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 3:23 pm

The best colution for messiness I know of: Have only a tiny, minimal amount of belongings. Works every time. Just dont keep objects in the room and throw stuff out a lot.

The tidiest I have ever been was when I was backpacking: Only a backpack to worry about. Paradise.

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jan 2009, 9:41 pm

The closet, book cases, walls, and floor have all been improperly assigned the maximum amount of "junk," and now my bed is filling up with stuff. There is stuff EVERYWHERE. Does this explain the problem well enough?

Dussel
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2009, 2:38 pm

I am organized in areas which I think are important, a neat room or an orderly desk is not on list of important issues. I just ignore the state of the room or I better: i do not care. Reading a book or the newspaper is more important than washing up a cup if I could find a clean one. This causes often conflicts with my lover, but anyway mostly we arrange a compromise.

NTs seem to have a stronger dependency on such superficial issues, like an ironed shirt or a clean floor.