Just need help coping with realization that I'm have ASD

Page 2 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

microprogrammer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 May 2024, 5:00 pm

I would add that I don't think I'm especially clever. I'm moderately clever, but I've learned along the way that it's important to accept that there are many people more clever than me out there. In that situation I described I had just been working on the task for a few days, so had learned some things in that time that were useful. I wanted to share that information without coming across as a know-it-all, to speed along our work. But I still might have come across as a know-it-all to the boss. But, live and learn I guess.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

20 May 2024, 7:30 pm

I'd take that drink offered in the first post...and welcome you to Wrong Planet...adjusting to new information can take alittle while to adjust to ..?

where ever you go ,there you are

microprogrammer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

20 May 2024, 9:58 pm

Oops, yes, sorry original poster. I enjoyed the conversation ToughDiamond, thanks for chatting :)

microprogrammer
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

24 May 2024, 4:12 am

Though since no one else has followed up after the last post, I will follow up and say that I am now regretting speaking up to the boss as I described and a few other similar actions. That's something I think of as an HFA trait -- struggling to "go with the flow" and do the thing that is more socially or interpersonally correct when it would mean doing something that seems less logically or "factually" correct.

Note: Edited the post to be less whingey.

Jakki
Veteran
Veteran

24 May 2024, 7:15 am

it will be a lifelong learning experience, I think...And searching for contacts fir a dx is a good thing . Perhaps making associations with other ASD people might be a benefit especially if you can find ones that are on a similiar level to yourself ,,( as ASD is a spectrum...) . You may very well meet some very good people or can meet the opposite.
Might try to figure things that interest you , Could be good and beneficial to you . Swell as you may find you may develop unique insights about things . Be aware your health needs as you age maybe different then others persons.
But you might be able to use more information as reference info. And expand heathly things ,more or less.
That may be directly helpful to your overall health..

where ever you go ,there you are

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jun 2024, 8:56 am

I still think, twenty years after diagnosis, that it’s the NTs have the real problem. Without even being aware of it, they exclude us. OK, without awareness we go along with that. With awareness we become resigned to it.

Undiagnosed or unaware adult autistics are the cement in the concrete of social structures. By “getting along” with the people around them they strengthen resistance to change. And here we are, centuries later, flirting with nuclear war and ignoring planetary warming that’ll kill us all. Me, I’m old. I’ll be dead anyway before it gets really bad. But it’s a sad end for something that held great promise.