Page 11 of 28 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 28  Next

Zilphy
Raven
Raven

01 Mar 2015, 12:26 am

Astronaut. I became an Accountant. They both start with A :D

GiantHockeyFan
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 3:08 pm

My two dreams as a child were to work as either an owner of a Construction Company (even had a logo and slogan as well as a warehouse drawn out) or an Elevator/Escalator mechanic. I was told repeatedly by "experts" that those jobs are for dropouts and failures and to aim higher. Against my will, I was practically forced in business school.

While I am struggling with underemployment (and there are a flood of fellow Business school grads), I still love the construction industry and have moved in that direction at my current job. As for the Elevator/Escalator mechanic, I told a guy who worked in the field what the "experts" said and he just chuckled and said "well, $65,000 to start isn't bad for a dropout!"

guzzle
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2015, 3:50 pm

A long distance lorry driver so I could be alone with my thoughts and see Europe whilst getting paid for it.

AnonymousAnonymous
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 4:35 pm

When I was a kid, I wanted to be the next President Of The United States, but I realized that would have been too much of me, along with realizing that most politicians don't really care about the people they serve.

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

19 Mar 2015, 4:59 pm

Well, I always wanted to be a schoolteacher; then, when I was around 12, I discovered fashion, and then I wanted to be a fashion designer. As it turned-out, I didn't become a fashion designer, but I DID become a teacher----just, not a schoolteacher, in the conventional sense----I taught computers.

invaderhorizongreen
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 9:50 pm

I was into paleontology, I never became a paleontologist but I did get to keep it has a hobby. I really want to raise butterflies and moths again. I had that as a hobby for many a year.

Lintar
Veteran
Veteran

21 Mar 2015, 10:06 pm

Cartographer. I was so obsessed with maps that not only did I know where everything on Earth was, and the various size ratios of everything on it (and almost everything else - ex. nations, lakes, political groupings, population, size of cities, capital cities, current wars et cetera), but could draw - free hand, and with an ink pen - an accurate map of the world, in any projection (ex. Mercator's). I don't have any obsessions now though.

creepycrawly36
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2015, 3:54 pm

geophysicist- I was (and I still am) very into rocks. Studied geology and physics in university, but didn't go on and do my masters.

Skilpadde
Veteran
Veteran

09 Apr 2015, 7:55 am

I never had any dreams of what I wanted to be. I wanted to work with and be around animals, but I had no particular profession in mind. The closest thing is that I wanted a kennel when I was 8, but in my mind that meant playing with dogs all day.

love you and miss you, dear boy

Stop the wolf kills! https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeact ... 3091429765

GodzillaWoman
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 2:15 pm

astronaut. or a marine biologist so i could learn to talk to dolphins. i think i felt so alien already i'd be good for talking to non-humans :)

Nambo
Veteran
Veteran

13 Apr 2015, 2:22 pm

Until I was 9 or 10, I wanted to be dead and have a girl I fancied when I was 5 crying into my grave.
Guess one day I will be one of the lucky ones who achieve their childhood ambition.

(Except for the bit about somebody crying, that's never going to happen).

MrBear
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

22 May 2015, 3:24 pm

I had went through phases. Zoology, Astronomy, and Paleontology were the main ones.

Nepsis
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

26 May 2015, 11:59 am

I wanted to be a teacher; then I wanted to be an astronomer...then I thought I could teach astronomy. :)

Instead I make just above minimum wage.

But I still look through my telescope every once and a while and think about how it could have been.

ZombyWoof
Toucan
Toucan

26 May 2015, 1:37 pm

good god, so much.

i remember:

rock star
vetenarian
chef
immortal (no longer do)

Rocket123
Veteran
Veteran

26 May 2015, 1:44 pm

I had one of those School Years memory books that my Mom purchased in the 1960s.

In this book, the “When I Grow up I want to be” options for boys were: Fireman, Policeman, Cowboy, Astronaut, Soldier and Baseball Player. And, the similar options for girls were: Mother, Nurse, School teacher, Airline Hostess, Model and Secretary. Funny. Then again, that was the 1960s.

Consistently, I chose Policeman from Kindergarten through 5th Grade. I think because a Policeman stood for Justice.

bookworm360
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

28 May 2015, 3:10 am

In all honesty I wanted to be one of three things: Military Leader of Coup and Dictator of America (realized running a country would be too much work so shelved that one), Assassin (I blame violent video games), or a Writer as I've always loved reading and stories.