Page 4 of 28 [ 435 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 28  Next

Bunneth
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

24 Nov 2010, 11:41 am

I wanted to be a hermit, doubly so after I saw and read ring of Bright Water. failing that, a philosopher. I once asked my mum how much philosophers got paid. She replied that it doesn't quite work like that.

Ahaseurus2000
Veteran
Veteran

30 Dec 2010, 4:37 am

Architect, cause my mum was told by a psychic.

Then Computer Game developer cause I was obsessed with games.

I think if I was NT, i'd have gotten some tats and become a rockstar. And that's from my nutty teenage limbic system!

quesonrias
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

03 Jan 2011, 10:47 am

I wanted to be a doctor/nurse/animal doctor (all at the same time) because I wanted to help everyone that hurt. I thought I would be the first animal doctor...lol.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
RAADS-R: 187.0
Language: 15.0 • Social Relatedness: 81.0 • Sensory/Motor: 52.0 • Circumscribed Interests: 40.0

Your neurodiverse (Aspie) score: 165 of 200
Your neurotypical (non-autistic) score: 47 of 200
You are very likely neurodiverse (Aspie)

JazzofLife
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Jan 2011, 1:02 am

sluice wrote:
and where did the idea for it come from?

I thought I wanted to be an astronaut/astronomer. I am not sure where it came from
but I can remember trying to build my own telescope because we didn't have the extra
money to buy one. It didn't really work all that well. I am not sure where my idea came from
because I was the only kid in my neighborhood thinking that way and no one in my family
were scientists. The only other thing I considered for a period was paleontology and I think
every kid goes through one of those phases.

Did anyone actually become what they thought they wanted to be as a kid? That would be cool.

A weatherman. Loved to study weather when I was a kid.

Dx'd with AS and AD/HD Combined in 2007

Interests: Music, great outdoors (beach/mountains), cooking/baking, philosophy, arts/sciences, reading, writing, sports, spirituality, Green, sus

FaeryEthereal
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

14 Mar 2011, 4:44 am

When I was a kid I wanted to be an actress, a vet or a professional showjumper. Vet was out of the question, nowhere near brainy enough and can't do math or science AT ALL. Got half way through a performing arts course before dropping out due to stress and it is a big regret. Had some bad accidents involving broken bones falling off horses and that put me off. Still love horses though.

Now I want to be a writer (one that makes a living from it)

all_white
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 4:48 am

I had lots of ideas. My top one, that never changed, was being an author.

Other than that, I wanted to be a ballerina, a figure-skater, an opera singer, or an actress.

dunbots
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 4:53 am

I never knew when I was little, and still now have none at all. I guess, if it so happens that I could ever get a job, I'd want to be a truck driver for USPS, or UPS or FedEx or something.

Tomasu
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 5:19 am

^^ Greetings everyone. I believe that my child self wished to become a happy veterinarian. ^^ I believe this would be very lovely, however I believe that I am not very skilled with Biology.

draelynn
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 10:55 pm

The girly Vet dream was the first for me. I let go of that after I learned I would need to give them shots...

Then an artist - I even went and got my degree in fine art. Alas, I still am not an artist though... I still do not know what I want to be when I grow up... :(

Bimin
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

15 Mar 2011, 3:31 am

First I wanted to be the President of the United states of America, then an Attorney, then and mostly a famous actor like sean connery & rap star.

hpcrowley
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

15 Mar 2011, 5:33 pm

Either a rocket scientist or cult leader (in later years...i've yet to truly grow up!). This is why i idolize Jack Parsons (Google the name for a facinating read), since he was both!

Tequila
Veteran
Veteran

15 Mar 2011, 6:12 pm

A speedometer.

wefunction
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 2:06 am

I wanted to be an archeologist but one like Indiana Jones where I get to shoot a gun and thwart nazis. I saw Raiders of the Lost Ark and was in love. Later on, I realized how cool it would've been to have been "the boring kind of" archeologist. I volunteer for the local historical society just to get that addictive rush of smelling and feeling old paper.

I wanted to be a firefighter. My mom told me that was a job for boys. In my family, only men were firefighters so I didn't know any better so I believed her. Then I got distracted raising babies. Now, I'm too old and my credit is too fubar'd to do anything more than be a volley. I get the rush from fire photography. I photograph emergency scenes for training and evidence. It's all volunteer but it's awesome when I can do it.

I wanted to be a photographer. I'm actually doing that.

For a while when I was four years old, I wanted to be Danger Mouse. That was one that didn't seem to pan out at all.

After I read Jurassic Park, I thought about being a mathematician because I thought Ian Malcolm was cool. That was short-lived. I also thought about Electronic Engineer but I got distracted with other things and lost interest. All the while everybody is telling me to be a writer or be a lawyer. I never wanted to be either of those things.

Todesking
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 12:47 pm

A stop-motion animator or special make-up effects artist.

Mdyar
Veteran
Veteran

16 Mar 2011, 1:04 pm

At one time an airline pilot. I think it would have been short lived though, because I was more interested in the flight operations and avionics and once learnt would have gotten old. I don't think I would have had the interpersonal skills to make the cut, either.

goldiemarie
Butterfly
Butterfly

27 Mar 2011, 7:46 am

For my entire childhood I wanted to be a supermodel, just like Cindy Crawford :oops: . I thought for sure that's what I was going to be up until eighth grade (yes, it got THAT far) and I told my classmates. Being only 5'3" and having really bad acne at the time, I realized that dream would be unattainable.

Now I am a toddler teacher, which is what I dreamed of doing when I was in preschool myself. It's so exhausting though so I am hoping to be accepted into grad school for my MSW in August 2012 where I can hopefully work in Child Welfare.