Page 1 of 1 [ 6 posts ] 

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 12:19 pm

So I'm 25, 26 in a couple of months. Looking to actually get further in life, progress along with this whole course.

I'm looking to eventually get a place of my own.
I'm also in the need of a new car pretty soon, as mine currently has 170k miles on it.

I have about 8k in the bank saved up.

Currently I live with my parents, which is alright for now since I don't pay rent and they do a bunch for me. But I already been kicked out once for fighting with my mom, and my mom and I frequently clash even to now. She's kind of a controlling, OCD character - which gets on my nerves.

Most people I'm around say I should get the new car first and pay that off before getting my own place. However, living with mommy and daddy probably isn't impressive at my age to the ladies - whenever I actually get a girlfriend that is.

So... what shall I do?

purchase
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 1:35 pm

Why don't you find a place with roommates (by looking at classifieds) close to public transportation while you save up for a car? Is this possible and something you'd want to do?

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 3:56 pm

Most of my good friends live far away, and there is no public transit where I am.

That and I've been told by many I'm too much an as*hole to live with people.

peterd
Veteran
Veteran

14 May 2011, 11:57 pm

Have you thought of moving?

Quartz11
Veteran
Veteran

15 May 2011, 8:55 am

Yes, but that would bring along difficulty in obtaining a new job. The one I have now is by help of a state agency here. I told them to find me something anywhere in the state, as long as it paid enough. They got me local, a place which I don't like but I can still live home. The job I'm not a huge fan of, but at least its stable.

VIDEODROME
Veteran
Veteran

22 May 2011, 3:53 pm

Heh I'm struggling to get out of my last career into almost anything else and I've been in my parents' place. So far it's worked and we've not argued, but I really want my own space.